Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mike mccoy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I was a McCoy truther at one point. My bad.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think people are forgetting the coaching job McCoy did with Teebs, I know it’s been a long time but that was legit.

Without him there’s no Tebowmania.

#NeverForget
    #NeverForgive
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I think people are forgetting the coaching job McCoy did with Teebs, I know it’s been a long time but that was legit.

#NeverForget
    #NeverForgive
    Don’t tell you know who. He will claim Tebow made McCoy instead of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Patriot? How so?

He coached the Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Broncos, Cardinals. Unless I missed something he’s never worked for the Pats.
    Sorry for my mistake. McCoy wasn't a cast off from the Patriots. I will also admit to being ignorant of the deeper understanding of NFL offenses. I have only hear from every radio, coach, and player source that McCoy is a disciple of the Patriots/ Beledick derivative of the Erhardt-Perkins system. That system seems like a typical regurgitation of what it takes to win in the NFL today and yesterday but it is what Beledick used as his template for success, as far as I have learned. Outside of the very simple message given about 'Pass to score. Run to win', the system is an extremely complicated methodology that accounts for every player's individual abilities to accomplish victory. Beledick understands that greater message and is a master of it. Brady is a master of using whatever is given him to make winning a fact. In-between is the Erhardt-Perkins system that is the Patriots system.

When did it become Beledick's system and move beyond Erhardt and Perkins? I have no clue. I only know that those of much higher football knowledge than me have said that McCoy is a disciple of that system. It seems realistic to me from what little I know of it. McCoy has chosen to die in the details of the system as gospel, as apposed to the message. After looking in a cursory manner at the vast array of plays used in the Erhardt-Perkins system, I see that McCoy may have focused on all the plays available once you have established the run, and otherwise learned the root of your enemy's defense, as apposed to the basic tenants of the system.

Beledick understands what it takes to apply the system. He also happens to have a GOAT to apply it. He also controls the defense of his team, and how it uses his understanding of that winning system to make the best use of it's varying pieces. The system rules with the Patriots. All other adherents don't have the same control over the team that Beledick does. They also don't have the GOAT. Thus, my position.

His application of his scheme makes sense as a blind application of the idea of an overly complicated system that ignores the basic tenets of that system. Again, outside of my limited research, I admit to relying on former football players, DCs, and OCs and their labelling of McCoy as a disciple of the Patriots....Erhardt-Perkins system.

7. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

In a roundabout way, like; if Teebs weren’t chicken poop McCoy doesn’t have to make chicken poop soup. He’s probably never HC somewhere.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Alijah Holder

Leaving Rosen in on that 4th down was disgusting. Vance called a time out - some part of me believes it was so McCoy would take Rosen off the field. Nope, Chubb sacks him and Rosen looks hurt. If the Cards don’t fire him after that...

10. The Following User High Fived iLands For This Post:

#NeverForget
    #NeverForgive
    This was the bait that I bit on when I learned he was the OC last year. I have no idea who made who but we have since learned that he is not a QB savant. Or, any kind of savant. Or, has any idea how to OC...meaning how to coordinate the entire offensive system of an NFL team and all of it's extremely complicated pieces into a working, cohesive unit that can compete and win in the NFL.

I have heard that he accepted Tebow and adapted his system to Tebow's traits (hence, bait). I have learned that he has absolutely no idea how to adapt individual player's abilities to his system. Proven true in Denver and Arizona. As to what that means in the argument over who made who in the Tebow era, I leave that to someone else. I only know that he is completely clueless regarding every aspect of what makes an NFL actually work, outside of his myopic and creepily insular vision of how perfectly executed schemes written out on paper will win Superbowls and world domination...if only he had the personnel that were worthy of his vision! Not saying he made Tebow. Maybe he was more forgiving then? Maybe he wasn't thinking more about Thanksgiving with his family more than he was thinking about NFL success? Maybe not and he was truly a savant.

Regardless, he is an idiot in today's NFL and he is definitely more concerned about other things than winning. Things being his family (good) and his ego (results up to interpretation).

In a roundabout way, like; if Teebs weren’t chicken poop McCoy doesn’t have to make chicken poop soup. He’s probably never HC somewhere.
    God made Tebow great. McCoy was just the messenger.

; )

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    This was the bait that I bit on when I learned he was the OC last year. I have no idea who made who but we have since learned that he is not a QB savant. Or, any kind of savant. Or, has any idea how to OC...meaning how to coordinate the entire offensive system of an NFL team and all of it's extremely complicated pieces into a working, cohesive unit that can compete and win in the NFL.

I have heard that he accepted Tebow and adapted his system to Tebow's traits (hence, bait). I have learned that he has absolutely no idea how to adapt individual player's abilities to his system. Proven true in Denver and Arizona. As to what that means in the argument over who made who in the Tebow era, I leave that to someone else. I only know that he is completely clueless regarding every aspect of what makes an NFL actually work, outside of his myopic and creepily insular vision of how perfectly executed schemes written out on paper will win Superbowls and world domination...if only he had the personnel that were worthy of his vision! Not saying he made Tebow. Maybe he was more forgiving then? Maybe he wasn't thinking more about Thanksgiving with his family more than he was thinking about NFL success? Maybe not and he was truly a savant.

Regardless, he is an idiot in today's NFL and he is definitely more concerned about other things than winning. Things being his family (good) and his ego (results up to interpretation).
    After everything he’s done for you? And Tebow? Smdh
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by iLands View Post
    Leaving Rosen in on that 4th down was disgusting. Vance called a time out - some part of me believes it was so McCoy would take Rosen off the field. Nope, Chubb sacks him and Rosen looks hurt. If the Cards don’t fire him after that...
    That's the HC's call to go for it on 4th, not the OC's.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

tebow made mike mccoy, that much is obvious.

tebow time was the team scrapping mccoys wack ass playbook and letting timothy do what he is good at, backyard ball.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

you doubt your stance before i even entered this thread.

because you know what is coming.

A reckoning.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Oh and the moment i knew mike mccoy was terrible wasnt just under tebow, he uses too complex of a playbook and confuses his own players.

AZ couldnt even get lined up correctly on the 2nd play of the game.

He is doing this to Rosen, a rookie.

And he failed doing it with Rivers, a what 10 year vet at the time? The Rivers failure was the biggest red flag under Mccoy. Rivers a experienced and savy vet couldn't understand how to run his offense.

And then we somehow expected Siemian to do it... Dude never stood a chance.

22. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    you doubt your stance before i even entered this thread.

because you know what is coming.

A reckoning.
    I doubt nothing, I just know you’re a foolish troll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Mccoy and fox threw tebow under the bus despite him carrying water for their team/playbook. They did basically everything they could to get him to fail and cared nothing for his development. Despite saying how bad he was in interviews they could have simply easily played the #2 guy (Brady Quinn), but decided to "change the playbook" for Teebs and got credit for him improvising and eeking out wins. I get the bait here, but this is a silly take.

Mccoy sucks. He's always sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information