Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Cardinals 10/18/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    They might also want to take a look at their DC.
    This might be a hot take, but I didn't think their defense played all that badly. After that initial flurry where it was 28-3 (mostly sparked by our defense) they more or less held our offense in check the rest of the game. The only really awful play by their defense was when they let Sanders get open deep for the TD.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Arizona has the least amount of talent in the NFL by a long margin.

They have a star RB, and an above average WR. Their line is awful. Their tight ends are awful. They have two good defensive players. I don't think Belichick could get them to five wins. Good god. McCoy is awful and should have been fired, but JFC that roster is poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This might be a hot take, but I didn't think their defense played all that badly. After that initial flurry where it was 28-3 (mostly sparked by our defense) they more or less held our offense in check the rest of the game. The only really awful play by their defense was when they let Sanders get open deep for the TD.
    But were we really pressing the issue at that point?

I don't know. I just know they were bad in all three phases last night. Even ST, I don't remember the player but he kept trying to run back the kickoff and giving them bad field position.

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Arizona has the least amount of talent in the NFL by a long margin.

They have a star RB, and an above average WR. Their line is awful. Their tight ends are awful. They have two good defensive players. I don't think Belichick could get them to five wins. Good god. McCoy is awful and should have been fired, but JFC that roster is poop.
    I don't think this is entirely true. Partially true, yes, but I think their players just don't fit the scheme they're being shoved into. It seems, to me, a classic forcing of a scheme rather than scheming to your talent.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm not saying their defense was amazing, just that I would put it pretty far down on the list of reasons they lost. When your offense gives up two pick sixes in the first quarter, that puts your defense about as far behind the 8 ball as they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't think this is entirely true. Partially true, yes, but I think their players just don't fit the scheme they're being shoved into. It seems, to me, a classic forcing of a scheme rather than scheming to your talent.
    Okay, that's fair. Could we say that they are at best a marginally talented team that is forced into an inappropriate scheme?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Okay, that's fair. Could we say that they are at best a marginally talented team that is forced into an inappropriate scheme?
    I think that’s basically what I said, so, yes. We can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think that’s basically what I said, so, yes. We can say that.
    I simply cleaned up the language in a way that I could agree to while maintaining the spirit of your words.

You're welcome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't get how he can do things like that and not even even slow down. I'm just glad he's on our side!

That RT is probably questioning his life choices today in the wake of last night

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is ******* poetry. He looks like a cheetah taking down gazelles on a nature show. Come at me.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've probably watched this 30 times now and my mind is still blown by it. That's a slow motion clip and that movement is still so fast/subtle you can barely see it. That's just otherworldly athleticism.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

He's better than Lawrence Taylor.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

This is ******* poetry. He looks like a cheetah taking down gazelles on a nature show. Come at me.

Wow. That's flat out amazing. It's hard to tell at full speed everything going on there, but man. Crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

23. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That poor RG didn't even see him coming.

25. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information