Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I've Been Waiting a Year and a Half to Hear This...

Default I've Been Waiting a Year and a Half to Hear This...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

He sounds serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    He sounds serious.
    Serious and irritated. Pissed, actually. He got called soft..again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Just gave another desperate team bulletin board material. 31 other teams would be salivating to play Denver after the last two weeks.

If they dont play lights out and dismantle AZ, big problems.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Lol. Who cares. If he's only just pissed now, then he's been doing it wrong.

Wake me when the REAL words everyone is waiting to hear are uttered;

"Vance Joseph fired as Broncos Headcoach"

"Chad Kelly to start"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Wonder why he didn't say that about L.A.?

I love Von, but this is just bleh. Too little too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

If finishing 5-11 isn't embarrassing enough to get you mad, maybe a 4 game losing streak is what the doctor ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

That’s a must hear! It’s like a combination of Eddie Murphy and an angry football player.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Just gave another desperate team bulletin board material. 31 other teams would be salivating to play Denver after the last two weeks.

If they dont play lights out and dismantle AZ, big problems.
    Yes he did. If they need board material to finally be a good football team, so be it. If they haven't had enough material from the media, as we have, I'm not sure this is going to make any difference, though.

And agreed on the need to play lights/ balls out. And d-i-s-m-a-n-t-l-e Arizona. Coaching sure hasn't lead that emotional charge though. VJ meekly calling out players in a passive aggressive way in press conferences hasn't done the job in 2(ish) years, for sure.

I just wanted one man on the Broncos roster do more than whine to say some f'ing ass was about to be beat down. Maybe everyone on our team wanted to hear it too? Von is the Broncos. So if he gives up some bulletin board material to a team with no men on it willing to get bloody, so be it. If the Broncos have no men that will answer the call to kick some f'ing ass, then so be it. The season is lost to us without some sort of existential kick in the ass anyway.

I'm just hoping all the badasses on the Broncos hear the call and show up. If coaches can't lead, then Von will f'ing lead! Maybe the coaches will hear the call too and man the f up with leadership and play calls deserving of the Broncos?

We'll see. I'm actually pretty excited for Thursday though.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 10-16-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Lol. Who cares. If he's only just pissed now, then he's been doing it wrong.

Wake me when the REAL words everyone is waiting to hear are uttered;

"Vance Joseph fired as Broncos Headcoach"

"Chad Kelly to start"
    Those word won't mean anything this year anyway, and at least VJ will be removed shortly if things continue in this way. Whomever takes over for him will be left with the mess that currently exists and who would be qualified to handle that and dig us out of oblivion? Musgrave? I chugged Musgrave juice this Summer too but found it bland and lifeless on the last 4 game days. He needs all of his facilities to come up with an actual offensive game plan, anyway.

Woods? Nope.

Kubiak? Not happening...plus: He's the guy that partially helped give us last years draft class and wholly gave us Keenum.

Some lesser coach could fill a role but no one will move us farther than we can get with VJ and current company, as sad as it sounds. There might be better options on another team but we don't have access to them.

As for Swag, i f'ing love him! And i laugh at the notion that he would have been given a chance if the coaches saw he merited it...or that not playing for 2 years is a valid reason for him not starting. OK, 2 years of not playing is actually a valid reason for him not starting. So is him only having reps with the 2's, at best. So is his having only seen 2's at best on D, and completely vanilla defensive schemes in the pre season, as apposed to big boy defenses and the geniuses of the NFL that employ them when it counts.

All that said, I still think he's a baller and a killer on the big stage. I just don't think those words you laid out hold more weight than Von's. He's just a guy and we could get our asses handed to us but his words are more real than the words of us arm chair GMs, when it comes to the Broncos showing up this year. He's actually in it and he IS the Broncos. He should have said and lived them before now but maybe he thought that's not what a leader was supposed to say. Or, he believed in VJ before but not so much anymore. Maybe Elway told him that he shouldn't wait for VJ to lead like he can?

I don't know but I can't wait for Thursday, at the very least.

(please feel free to lambaste me if the Broncos don't answer the call on Thursday. I'll listen, add some words myself, and crawl in a whole until next year-or, next week).

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ground Control chugged Musgrave’s juice?

This is a family MB, Ground Control, keep it clean.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wonder why he didn't say that about L.A.?

I love Von, but this is just bleh. Too little too late.
    L.A. was it's own kick in the ass for the Broncos? The coaches were still clinging on to the illusion of being the properly appointed leaders of the team? The blasphemy of actually game planning for Gurly to own them, so they can finally pay attention to pass defense became public and was the final nail was set in VJ's coffin?

I have no clue but I know you and I are bleh. OK, maybe just me. You are an owl god lurking in the Umbra, waiting to pounce on the avatars of the unworthy. You are a protector and justicar for the beautiful things in the world. You are not bleh but you are not Von Miller. Von Miller takes a turn at bleh once in a while but his bleh is still something that causes every DC in the league to game plan for. Do they game plan for our opinions? They may regret not game planing for your opinion but it will be on a soul level and probably only when they die and are looking for a bridge to the realm of their forefathers. That is when you will strike, oh Owl God! That is when your opinion will make OC's of NFL legend will rue the day they refused to hear your warnings!

Otherwise, if they lose this game, I might agree that it was too little too late.

Peace!

18. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    He's also looking for an existential lick in the ass. Which seems.... extreme.
    Sinner!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Ground Control chugged Musgrave’s juice?

This is a family MB, Ground Control, keep it clean.
    Musgrave juice is clean and boring. Totally BF approved.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information