Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bronco fan no shows more disturbing than boo's

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Bronco fan no shows more disturbing than boo's

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...boos/604326050

DENVER – It wasn’t the Broncos’ fans who booed.It was the 9,131 who didn’t show up to boo that may be more troubling to Broncos’ management.

The frustrated fans who boo at least showed they care. Apathy is worse. The last time this many people failed to show up to watch the Broncos play a home game was against the St. Louis Rams in 2010.

Josh McDaniels didn’t make it through that season as the Broncos’ head coach. Vance Joseph may now be on high alert as the Broncos play at Arizona this Thursday.

Bronco fans let Joseph, Broncos quarterback Case Keenum and the team as a whole feel their wrath Sunday.

“I’ve never attacked the Denver Bronco fan base,’’ said pass rusher Von Miller. “They’ve been through thick and thin with me. Loyal as heck. I just can’t believe that guys are losing hope right now. We’ve still got a long season to go. We’ve got real fans here. If fans are losing hope, I just can’t believe that.’’

It’s a long season, but it’s no longer early. In fact, it’s now too late for the Broncos to finish 13-3.

The Broncos lost eight in a row on their way to a 5-11 record in Joseph’s first season of 2017. They have now lost four in a row to drop to 2-4 this year.
    Do we think Elway is listening? I would hope so.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Fans will show up if they start Chad Kelly.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

So, Von Miller doesn't know why fans are losing hope?

They're 2-4, realistically they need to be at least 10-6 for a chance for a wild card. That means they need to go 8-2 over the reaming games, which includes games still in KC, Chargers x 2, Bengals, and Steelers. Plus, 5 of their next 7 games are on the road where VJ has only won once.

Yes, they're not mathematically eliminated, but their chances are getting slim. Right now they are much closer to a top 3 draft pick than they are to the playoffs.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The thing that sucks is that I think they are a better team then they were last year, but I can't tell you what kind of team they are right now. Two close games against Super Bowl contenders then get blown out against the Jets in between? Yesterday I think they could've won but they HAD to play near perfect. Between holding calls and taunting, that just wasn't happening. If they fall to the Cardinals it might be time to call it a loss and make big changes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Again this year, all games are sold out. IMO, this could have been the reason why those fans did not show up, or at least a good number of them -

Temperatures were in the 20s throughout the game making it the second coldest October Broncos game on record at kickoff.
    https://kdvr.com/2018/10/14/live-upd...-at-mile-high/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Again this year, all games are sold out. IMO, this could have been the reason why those fans did not show up, or at least a good number of them -

Im sure weather can play a factor but im also not kidding myself that if this team was undefeated going into this game that more people would show up. When your team sucks and shows no progress or possibility of turning it around it makes it an easier choice for people to not to go.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im sure weather can play a factor but im also not kidding myself that if this team was undefeated going into this game that more people would show up. When your team sucks and shows no progress or possibility of turning it around it makes it an easier choice for people to not to go.
    I doubt weather had anything to do with it. In another 4 to 6 weeks home games will be more likely to be yesterday's temp added with a greater likelihood of snow.

12. The Following User High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    https://www.9news.com/article/sports...boos/604326050

Do we think Elway is listening? I would hope so.
    Small italic font made this impossible for me poor ol' eyes to read. Any chance you can edit it?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

I've gone to games where I was standing in 4 inches of water between sleet and snow in 10 degree weather. No way in hell I would have gone to yesterday's game. I didn't have an ounce of hope we were pulling out a win there. If they are playing well, I'll freeze my ass off to see it in person. I'm not catching pneumonia for the shit product we have on the field this year.

15. The Following 8 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Booooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

For the first time in a very long time I debated not even watching the game. If I lived in Denver I don't think I'd have gone even if I had a ticket. This team is not entertaining and they actually played a lot better than I expected yesterday. But alas the result was as expected.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

My wife and I braved 14 degree temps at kickoff (it got colder) last December to watch Pat Mahomes get his first NFL win in a meaningless game for the Broncos. :truefans: :mrsNTL>GEM:

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

This may be one of the only ways management mercy kills VJ.

The Rams didnt beat the Broncos yesterday. As always under VJ, Denver was their own worst enemy.

Keenum is terrible and even worse than Siemien. I know people dont think thats possible but it is. Keenum is awful, cant make throws that are rudimentary for starting QBs. Ive seen enough of him after 6 games to see that. Hes totally afraid to throw strikes downfield

I think if they flop on Thursdat which is VERY possible against a poor AZ team, VJ is gone and Kelly will go.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

That Rams game in 2010 was my first time visiting Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    My wife and I braved 14 degree temps at kickoff (it got colder) last December to watch Pat Mahomes get his first NFL win in a meaningless game for the Broncos. :truefans: :mrsNTL>GEM:

You also fall down hills and tear ACL's. :cheeky: I'm not about that life!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information