Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70
Results 1,036 to 1,045 of 1045

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Rams 10/14/18

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Meh...start throwing the flags at the players. Make it entertaining.
    Speaking of throwing flags, anyone see the Clay Matthews Call of Duty Black Ops 4 commercial? I was laughing my head off at that.

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 36m36 minutes ago
    .@Johnelway, on @orangeblue760: "At some point in time, we have to play better football. I think that the desire is there, we hung in there and battled, but it was still not good football."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 34m34 minutes ago
    .@Johnelway, on @orangeblue760: "Even though we've got a lot of players playing well, we're not playing well as a team."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 34m34 minutes ago
    Elway said the Broncos have "gotten soft there" with the run defense.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 33m33 minutes ago
    Elway on the Broncos' porous run defense: "That is a big, big concern right now and we have to figure out how to get that solved."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 33m33 minutes ago
    Elway: "After going through what we went through last year, no question it's a bad feeling. You can't hide from it. ... We continue to repeat the same mistakes that beat us week in and week out. ... It's a bad feeling."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 32m32 minutes ago
    Elway said they'll look to see who is available and what is needed with Ron Leary going down (Achilles). "We will look to see what's out there that can come in and possibly help us."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 31m31 minutes ago
    .@Johnelway, on @orangeblue760: "Once you get in the season, there's not a lot of fixes to it.” Adds that there is no "magic switch," just that coaches have to coach better & players have to play better & “make an effort to stay positive."
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago
    #Broncos GM John Elway on 760 am "it's a combination of everything, and bottomline, it starts with me. We have to continue to work and stay positive. We have to play Thursday like we are fighting for our lives." #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 31m31 minutes ago
    John Elway: "It's not one thing. It's a combination of a lot of different things that we have to get figured out in a hurry."

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 18m18 minutes ago
    HC Vance Joseph on @orangeblue760: "Defensively we were on our heels all day because of the run game ... We had no solutions to slowing the run game down which made our defense really passive on first and second downs."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago
    Joseph talking run D on @orangeblue760: "It's really in our nickel defense, and that's where we've been exposed the most. It's fits, it's tackling on the edge. That's what it comes down to … Our base running defense has been OK, but our nickel running defense has been horrible."

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 8m8 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph said Ron Leary did in fact tear his right Achilles and he's done for the year. He will be placed on injured reserve. Huge loss for the Broncos.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago
    RT Jared Veldheer is day-to-day with a right bone bruise.

Jordan Taylor is back to practicing. Su'a Cravens has been cleared too.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 6m6 minutes ago
    On the pressure to win at 2-4: "Everyone is fighting for their lives ... in this league, if you're not desperate for it, you're not going to win."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago
    Joseph said G-C Sam Jones would dress on Thursday as backup. First NFL game for Highlands Ranch product. #9sports

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
    More VJ: "Our margin for error is small. We can't make the normal football mistakes. On Sunday, our offense would have had 10 more points."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph on if he's fighting for his job. "Absolutely. That's every coach in his league. If we were 5-1 I would feel that way. That doesn't motivate me. I am motivated to win football games." #Denver7

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

there's only so much elway can say right now. . . i hope he understands that the coaches and the quarterback are the main problems with his team, and that it's not going to get any better until he fixes those issues. . . i think he probably gets it. . . here's hoping they're currently cooking up some decent solutions. . . the rest of this year is what it is-- just have a strong plan in place to attack the off-season. . . there's plenty of talent on this roster for a quick turnaround if we can get the most important positions right. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 10-15-2018 at 02:26 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 18m18 minutes ago
    HC Vance Joseph on @orangeblue760: "Defensively we were on our heels all day because of the run game ... We had no solutions to slowing the run game down which made our defense really passive on first and second downs."

Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 16m16 minutes ago
    Joseph talking run D on @orangeblue760: "It's really in our nickel defense, and that's where we've been exposed the most. It's fits, it's tackling on the edge. That's what it comes down to … Our base running defense has been OK, but our nickel running defense has been horrible."

Vance Joseph said Ron Leary did in fact tear his right Achilles and he's done for the year. He will be placed on injured reserve. Huge loss for the Broncos.

Nicki Jhabvala‏Verified account @NickiJhabvala 9m9 minutes ago
    RT Jared Veldheer is day-to-day with a right bone bruise.

Jordan Taylor is back to practicing. Su'a Cravens has been cleared too.

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 6m6 minutes ago
    On the pressure to win at 2-4: "Everyone is fighting for their lives ... in this league, if you're not desperate for it, you're not going to win."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 4m4 minutes ago
    Joseph said G-C Sam Jones would dress on Thursday as backup. First NFL game for Highlands Ranch product. #9sports

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 3m3 minutes ago
    More VJ: "Our margin for error is small. We can't make the normal football mistakes. On Sunday, our offense would have had 10 more points."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 3m3 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph on if he's fighting for his job. "Absolutely. That's every coach in his league. If we were 5-1 I would feel that way. That doesn't motivate me. I am motivated to win football games." #Denver7
    It should motivate you....I haven't seen much "motivation to win football games" just a like of empty rhetoric every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Meh...start throwing the flags at the players. Make it entertaining.
    Grab the guy by the shoulder, turn him around and throw it in his face.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    there's only so much elway can say right now. . . i hope he understands that the coaches and the quarterback are the main problems with his team, and that it's not going to get any better until he fixes those issues. . . i think he probably gets it. . . here's hoping they're currently cooking up some decent solutions. . . the rest of this year is what it is-- just have a strong plan in place to attack the off-season. . . there's plenty of talent on this roster for a quick turnaround if we can get the most important positions right. . .
    The sad thing is the last two weeks, this is really about the defense. Giving up an average of 300 yards on the ground and we obsess about the QB being the problem.

Then again, you are right. Since, the teams are not allowed to play defense.

I would say the main problem is the coaching staff. Coaching in the NFL makes such a difference. It still was not an illusion. Keenum had a dynamic season last season. Of course, under a different coach. Lets look at Goff, and Jeff Fisher. Goff was being viewed as a confirmed bust, and then he gets a real coach.

This team has talent. I have no doubt about that. The WR corp is solid, the RBs are solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    The sad thing is the last two weeks, this is really about the defense. Giving up an average of 300 yards on the ground and we obsess about the QB being the problem.

Then again, you are right. Since, the teams are not allowed to play defense.

I would say the main problem is the coaching staff. Coaching in the NFL makes such a difference. It still was not an illusion. Keenum had a dynamic season last season. Of course, under a different coach. Lets look at Goff, and Jeff Fisher. Goff was being viewed as a confirmed bust, and then he gets a real coach.

This team has talent. I have no doubt about that. The WR corp is solid, the RBs are solid.
    I would say the offense and defense have been equally bad.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Ray in a walking boot ...

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    15h15 hours ago

For what it’s worth talked to several Rams people after game last night. They thought Broncos had best plan they faced all year. True plan didn’t call for Gurley to get 208. But 23 points suggest overall plan was sound. Results need to follow. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information