Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Elway personally watching Justin Herbert lead the Ducks today

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Injury?
    2016, he was a freshman and Helfrich went with Dakota Prukop, a senior grad transfer from Montana (Montana State? I can’t remember which one). Herbert was starting by mid October as a true frosh. He broke his collarbone as a sophomore.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Last year he was out with a broken collarbone and in 2016 he was a freshman and didn't get his first start until week 6.
    I have not looked at the guy yet, but assuming he does get some seasoning, where would you kinda rank his likeyhood at? Is he a chad kelly, maybe more like a Josh Allen, A wentz (ive heard this comparison) a derek carr?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I have not looked at the guy yet, but assuming he does get some seasoning, where would you kinda rank his likeyhood at? Is he a chad kelly, maybe more like a Josh Allen, A wentz (ive heard this comparison) a derek carr?
    I’d say his skill set is similar to Allen or Wentz.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ah if injury that isnt too bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    So we can reach for him in the 2nd. Duh.
    I like Browning, I just don’t see him getting into the first 3 rounds.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I like Browning, I just don’t see him getting into the first 3 rounds.
    I love coach Pete and UW is probably my second favorite college team. I completely agree. I don’t see a guy who’s gonna push the ball down the field against NFL secondaries. I see a journeyman player (which is still a pretty nice paycheck).

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Journeyman QB...

Oh **** no!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Justin Herbert looking like a UDFA against Washington State right now

12. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    He’s in the luxury box with a serious look on his face watching Oregon play the Washington Huskies. Looks like he realizes Keenum is not the answer. I’m not sure how I feel about this. I don’t watch much college football, but when I do it’s the Ducks. Herbert hasn’t impressed me. Not saying he won’t be good, just hasn’t excited me. The scarier thought? That Elway thinks we will have a chance at a high first rounder again. Yikes. Unless he is looking at Jake Browning too.
    Of course he's looking at QBs. That's his job!

He's President of Football Operations which means his job is to make all major personnel decisions. He has a scouting staff and boy has it changed over the last year!

Matt Russell Director of Player Personnel
    Gary Kubiak Senior Personnel Advisor
    A.J. Durso Director of Pro Personnel
    Mike Sullivan Director of Football Administration

Until this year, Matt Russell made all the major draft recommendations to Elway and boy were they terrible! Just look at the last 4 years of the draft until THIS year when it suddenly turned amazing.

I mean Chubb is tearing it up, Courtland Sutton scored a first TD, Freeman and Lindsay have proven to have real starting ability, we'd be OK with either of them starting so they make a great duo.

Yiadom and DeShaun Hamilton have contributed and even their 7th round pick RB David Williams got picked up off the practice squad by some other team which means he's made the active roster somewhere at least temporarily.

What happened? Before this year they were drafting 1st and 2nd rounders like Paxton Lynch, Ty Sambrailo, Cody Latimer, Sylvester Williams, Montee Ball.

The rest of their drafts sucked just as bad.

They no longer let Matt Russell near an offensive draft selection. Kubiak does that. Russell presumably still makes defensive recommendations, but he basically got demoted. His role is less influential and Kubiak's role in personnel selection has grown enormously.

And it shows in this year's draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Elway, Russell begin scouting for 2019 draft with Oregon-Washington game

KUSA – Fresh off garnering his best rookie class in years, Broncos general manager John Elway is rolling up his sleeves and going to work on the 2019 draft.

Elway and director of player personnel Matt Russell will be attending the Oregon-Washington game today at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, Ore., in what is the first of several college trips the Broncos’ duo is scheduled to take in the coming weeks.

Elway and Russell won’t be alone in Oregon today as the game is a must-scout for all NFL teams. More than 15 scouts/personnel executives around the league are scheduled to attend the Oregon-Washington matchup. It features the Ducks’ Justin Herbert, the projected top quarterback in next year’s draft, as well as several other early round prospects.

In all, 13 to 16 players overall from the game figure to one day play on Sundays in the near future.

Before anyone tries to connect Elway’s visit to the team’s three-game losing streak, this trip was planned back in July along with several others throughout the college football season.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...e/73-604048050

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Of course he's looking at QBs. That's his job!

He's President of Football Operations which means his job is to make all major personnel decisions. He has a scouting staff and boy has it changed over the last year!

Matt Russell Director of Player Personnel
    Gary Kubiak Senior Personnel Advisor
    A.J. Durso Director of Pro Personnel
    Mike Sullivan Director of Football Administration

Until this year, Matt Russell made all the major draft recommendations to Elway and boy were they terrible! Just look at the last 4 years of the draft until THIS year when it suddenly turned amazing.

I mean Chubb is tearing it up, Courtland Sutton scored a first TD, Freeman and Lindsay have proven to have real starting ability, we'd be OK with either of them starting so they make a great duo.

Yiadom and DeShaun Hamilton have contributed and even their 7th round pick RB David Williams got picked up off the practice squad by some other team which means he's made the active roster somewhere at least temporarily.

What happened? Before this year they were drafting 1st and 2nd rounders like Paxton Lynch, Ty Sambrailo, Cody Latimer, Sylvester Williams, Montee Ball.

The rest of their drafts sucked just as bad.

They no longer let Matt Russell near an offensive draft selection. Kubiak does that. Russell presumably still makes defensive recommendations, but he basically got demoted. His role is less influential and Kubiak's role in personnel selection has grown enormously.

And it shows in this year's draft.
    God help us.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway needs to step back in the scouting community. He is not Jack Elway and needs to leave it to the scouts to do their jobs. Elway cannot scout QBs to save his life.

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Elway needs to step back in the scouting community. He is not Jack Elway and needs to leave it to the scouts to do their jobs. Elway cannot scout QBs to save his life.
    I’d rather Elway scout QB’s than Kubiak.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Case Keenum, Matt Schuab ftw

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Like Lynch?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information