Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My first macbook

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I have an older Mac from 2012 as well that I still use to this day with no issues so screw everyone in here! (just kidding, it just works better for the type of work I do, I actually have bootcamp installed with Windows 10 on it so I can play games)

Anyway, I think the highest OS you can install is High Sierra. Look for that as a free download in the App Store, this link should take you there for the download.

Let me know if you have any questions about your older yet superior purchase.
    Thanks! I finally came across the thread that I needed. I downloaded el capitan so that I could download High Sierra, which is what I have now. It's actually an early 2011 macbook pro. I'm still playing around with it and finding essential apps to download. I've noticed you can't always find what you need in the app store. It was great that the thread I found had the links for el capitan and high sierra. I'm wondering what apps are out there that I might want that aren't in the app store.

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Thanks! I finally came across the thread that I needed. I downloaded el capitan so that I could download High Sierra, which is what I have now. It's actually an early 2011 macbook pro. I'm still playing around with it and finding essential apps to download. I've noticed you can't always find what you need in the app store. It was great that the thread I found had the links for el capitan and high sierra. I'm wondering what apps are out there that I might want that aren't in the app store.
    The first thing I downloaded was Batman: Arkham City! There are a few good game ports for the Mac like that one, but their productivity software is what I usually get. There are some great tools for music and design as well. Try and upgrade Garage Band if you have time and play around with multitracks. Big artists like NIN will release their music in that format since they record like that so you can do remixes and stuff: http://www.ninremixes.com/multitracks.php

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I have a big habit of right-click. That doesn't seem to work on here. Is there a different shortcut/command for that? I like to right click links and open them in a new tab.

6. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I have a big habit of right-click. That doesn't seem to work on here. Is there a different shortcut/command for that? I like to right click links and open them in a new tab.
    Is this a Macbook Pro laptop? A two finger click (that sounds dirty) is a right click from what I remember. I use the magic mouse on a big iMac so I forget. You can switch the trackpad to do this: http://osxdaily.com/2011/05/24/enable-right-click-mac/ or just use a ctrl+click. There are also many gestures you can use to accomplish other things, just check out the settings.

Is this a Macbook Pro laptop? A two finger click (that sounds dirty) is a right click from what I remember. I use the magic mouse on a big iMac so I forget. You can switch the trackpad to do this: http://osxdaily.com/2011/05/24/enable-right-click-mac/ or just use a ctrl+click. There are also many gestures you can use to accomplish other things, just check out the settings.
    Yes! Both options worked. Things just got a lot better.

Is steam compatible? The only computer game I've every gotten addicted to is Civilization. It's a little expensive in the app store right now. I bought Civ 4 and 5 on steam. Will I be able to make that work?

10. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Is steam compatible? The only computer game I've every gotten addicted to is Civilization. It's a little expensive in the app store right now. I bought Civ 4 and 5 on steam. Will I be able to make that work?
    Yup. Also depending on your hard drive size you can partition part of it with Bootcamp to run Windows if you want. You need a full version of Windows to install, though. If the game is available on Steam for mac, you can get it from steam.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Yup. Also depending on your hard drive size you can partition part of it with Bootcamp to run Windows if you want. You need a full version of Windows to install, though. If the game is available on Steam for mac, you can get it from steam.
    How do I do this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

How do I delete the letter to the right of the cursor on a Mac, I can't find that button

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I think it's fn + delete.... ya know, in case you are still wondering a month later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I think it's fn + delete.... ya know, in case you are still wondering a month later.
    Too late, he died.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

LOL, no, google fixed it for me!

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    LOL, no, google fixed it for me!
    Google wins again.

I was going to post a LMGTFY link, but I thought that would be obnoxious.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Google wins again.

I was going to post a LMGTFY link, but I thought that would be obnoxious.
    It would have been.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Now I feel like I should do it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mac+delete+vs+backspace

21. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information