Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway: 2-3 start 'is not our standard'

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Elway: 2-3 start 'is not our standard'

"We haven't played ... in my opinion, up to our capabilities," he told Voice of the Broncos Dave Logan on Orange and Blue 760 on Tuesday.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/audio/...t-our-standard

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I'm thinking if we lose this week and/or against the cardinals, we'll be looking at a big shakeup of the coaching staff.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm thinking if we lose this week and/or against the cardinals, we'll be looking at a big shakeup of the coaching staff.
    Yeah, after the AZ game makes the most sense since that gives the interim 10 days to get ready.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Oh you think John?? Any more obvious comments you can share with us??

We all now what the problems are, what are you going to do to fix them?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I hope Kubes does not take over as interim, as we will still tank - and his favorable memory will be tarnished by the reality

9. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I hope Kubes does not take over as interim, as we will still tank - and his favorable memory will be tarnished by the reality
    Or he takes over at the break and does enough to get us to 7-9 and out of reach of a top 5 pick.

It's like management 101 that you don't hire your friends, yet Elway decided to build the good ole boy club. He's eventually going to have to fire all his buddies, who he should've never hired in the first because of his personal relationship with them.

He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. 2 years ago, Elway was untouchable in Denver, now the spotlight from the teams failures is shining directly on him. He'll be giving "some" time to fix this mess he made, it starts with not hiring coaches or signing players that anybody on the staff has a personal relationship with, as they've already proven they can't hold their friends accountable.

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    It's like management 101 that you don't hire your friends, yet Elway decided to build the good ole boy club. He's eventually going to have to fire all his buddies, who he should've never hired in the first because of his personal relationship with them.

He's made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. 2 years ago, Elway was untouchable in Denver, now the spotlight from the teams failures is shining directly on him. He'll be giving "some" time to fix this mess he made, it starts with not hiring coaches or signing players that anybody on the staff has a personal relationship with, as they've already proven they can't hold their friends accountable.
    Which of his friend will he have to fire? Vance Joseph game from a different coaching tree.

Kubiak is the only one I can think of, who won a super bowl and had two winning seasons in Denver, then quit of his own volition.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Or he takes over at the break and does enough to get us to 7-9 and out of reach of a top 5 pick.
    This is my nightmare scenario for this season. I want us to either rebound enough to make the playoffs or totally tank. The middle is not where I want to be.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Of course there is talent on the team John, its just that your HC cant get the best out of them and you have straddled the team with a subpar QB who is a poor man's Alex Smith.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Which of his friend will he have to fire? Vance Joseph game from a different coaching tree.

Kubiak is the only one I can think of, who won a super bowl and had two winning seasons in Denver, then quit of his own volition.
    Vance Joseph, Bill Musgrave, Kubiak, Keenum were all friends of Elway's or the FO. All except Kubiak will likely be gone next year along with hopefully Matt Russell (who should've been fired years ago).

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post

Elway deserves a ton of criticism - but we won Super Bowl 50 with all of his "friends"... This criticism doesn't really apply now that Kubiak's staff is gone.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is my nightmare scenario for this season. I want us to either rebound enough to make the playoffs or totally tank. The middle is not where I want to be.
    Also known as the Shannahan Vortex. Speaking of, how are the 49ers doing? Things are rough all over man...

But he's good buds with Matt Russell, that's the only reason we were high on him. Russell has Elway's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Elway deserves a ton of criticism - but we won Super Bowl 50 with all of his "friends"... This criticism doesn't really apply now that Kubiak's staff is gone.
    No way VJ gets the job in the first place if he wasn't friends with Matt Russell, and he would've been fired in January if Kubiak didn't push to keep him.

Starting with Kubiak the FO started putting personal feelings over business decisions and we're seeing the results on the field. It might've worked out with Kubiak because he was already an established coach who wasn't afraid to stand up to Elway and give his opinion, but it definitely wasn't going to work a 2nd time.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information