Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Rams week)

Seems like one of those “changes” promised will be Garcia potentially taking over for McGovern. Now McGovern had a bad game last week but it’s hard to see this being what we need to jump start the offense

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Seems like one of those “changes” promised will be Garcia potentially taking over for McGovern. Now McGovern had a bad game last week but it’s hard to see this being what we need to jump start the offense
    This is exactly the scenario I've been worried about all year. McGovern is barely an improvement over Garcia... Bolles is terrible. And Veldheer is hurt. So we have last year's offensive line essentially. Luckily we have improved RBs so we have some semblance of a running game, otherwise the offense would be among the worst in the league.

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    This is exactly the scenario I've been worried about all year. McGovern is barely an improvement over Garcia... Bolles is terrible. And Veldheer is hurt. So we have last year's offensive line essentially. Luckily we have improved RBs so we have some semblance of a running game, otherwise the offense would be among the worst in the league.
    No worry about a running gamr when they are STILL insistent on the 3 wides that dont work for them.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Apparently 2-3 inches of snow are in the forecast for this game. Snow games are always fun.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
    #Broncos Jones taking it slowly with hamstring issue. Tramaine Brock will play more #Denver7

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Vance Joseph said he’s working both Max Garcia and Connor McGovern at RG now.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Vance Joseph called @sonofbum his “football father” and “a football genius.”

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
    #Broncos Musgrave not happy with how he called last game. #Denver7
    Troy, did Woods say he wasn’t happy with his game call too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

#LARvsDEN: DC Joe Woods

Defensive Coordinator Joe Woods explains what went wrong against the Jets and how the Broncos can rebound against the Rams on Sunday.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...n-dc-joe-woods

#LARvsDEN: OC Bill Musgrave

Offensive Coordinator Bill Musgrave talks about how he can change the play calling to help find the offense find its groove.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...-bill-musgrave

Joseph: 'Wade [Phillips] is my football father'

Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about facing Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who previously had separate stints coaching in Denver.
    https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...ootball-father

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I love their hindsight of what went wrong but can never seem to game plan to prevent those things from happening. Its what makes me so frustrated as a fan is all the BS these guys trot out every week and yet cannot learn from it. The problems are ******* the same, the QB play is ******* the same, the poor in game adjustments are the same. What is so hard for these dopes to understand? And we are paying them?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Okay I need to rant! I was willing to give this coaching staff some room to breathe this year with such a great draft, but I cant do it anymore they are just that incompetent. How the hell is one of your changes replacing a top 5 rated guard in the NFL with Garcia. Seriously McGovern didn't have his greatest game last week, but neither did Chubb, Marshall(who hasn't had 1 good game yet), Kerr, Harris or Roby for christ's sake. We had horrible offensive play calling and why the %&*(*^%&^%*&^%*^%*&^%*& are we trying to make keenum a pocket passer! He has always been at his best when he has some space. If I was the coach After that jets game I'm benching Roby for Yiadom, marshall for jewell, chubb for barrett, Bringing in Demarcus walker to rotate with peko and wolfe. I would start there not with our guard who actually isn't the problem for christs sakes. Send a god damn message and stop being dumb. This reminds me of last year where piss poor execution and performance is rewarded with more play time....you want to create division in your team keep it up VJ, you will be gone soon enough you stupid dooshbag of a coach....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

This isn't true though...right now McGovern is the 5th rated guard in the NFL currently through 5 games according to PFF. Bolles is def regressing, that's a coaching thing I believe though as well as scheme and the fact we have a QB holding onto the ball after 5 and seven step drops, that's a disaster for 9 out of 10 LT's....Billy turner has done a serviceable job at RT and has mildly surprised me...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Our only saving grace is if we run the living daylights out of the ball and get some deep play action with Keenum outside the pocket to the TE and WR's, play possession, and keep the ball away from the rams. That's how you win. oh and maybe tackle and play defense would help to.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Keenum is at his best out of the pocket and on play action. Vikings used it about 30% of the time last year, most in the league I believe. We’re using at like 17% of the time this year.

I have a lot of problems with Keenum, mostly from a team management standpoint, but since we have him, shouldn’t we try to play to his strengths?

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    This isn't true though...right now McGovern is the 5th rated guard in the NFL currently through 5 games according to PFF. Bolles is def regressing, that's a coaching thing I believe though as well as scheme and the fact we have a QB holding onto the ball after 5 and seven step drops, that's a disaster for 9 out of 10 LT's....Billy turner has done a serviceable job at RT and has mildly surprised me...
    I don't care what authority PFF is no friggin way McGovern has been THAT good.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Three things:

1. PFF is garbage. According to them we have a Top 5 o-line and the best center in the game for the last 3 years. That's ridiculous and doesn't even pass the common sense test.
    2. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff wouldn't be thinking of benching McGovern and giving Max Garcia reps this week if he was playing like a top 5 guard.
    3. Bolles hasn't regressed - he's been consistently bad the entire time he's been here.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

My bad you all are right...I forgot the view you had from the TV was way better then anything PFF uses. I mean its not like those guys make a living off analyzing tape like the excellent analysts we have on this page...lol I forgot how amazing some of you all are. I mean I guess when they explain why a player did well or how amazing they are like a Von(1st 2 games) or Kahlil mack or crowell last week of the JETS O-line they don't know crap because they aint got squat on the bad ass analysts and pundits we got here....LOL. I mean by now we should certainly take the coaches view on McGovern, since for 2 years straight they have shown they clearly know what they are doing....consecutive losing streaks in back to back seasons is proof we should take VJ at his word right? What about Roby, He and Chubb damn near singlehandedly cost us the jets game, where is there accountability. I think every one on this page should get real with themselves. We have bigger problems then the OL play....Coaching, defense, Ego, give a flip by some players, scheme, Qb play, QB play plus scheme, in fact only thing I would agree about our OL on is the penalties they need to clean up....I think about half the sacks was keenum holding the ball after a 5 or 7 step drop...that's no Bueno for any OL

Its funny football outsiders has us ranked 4th in run blocking and 19th in Pass blocking. 70% of our carries are at Center/Guard for a 4.46 YPC....LT is 1.63 YPC and RT is over 5 ypc.....they have some good info as well
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 10-12-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f0436783f6b5

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/27/n...ies-chip-kelly

Teams and coaches use it. Is it the end all be all? No. But it's useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information