Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 6 (Rams week)

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man. . . all due respect, and i love you guys. . . but some of you are in a tremendous state of denial if you think an interim coach can come in and magically "save" this season, and make this into a playoff team. . . i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we don't have an NFL-caliber starting quarterback on the roster, and no mid-season coaching hire can change that. . . also, the talent on defense ain't what it was a couple years ago. . .

any move to bring in shenanigans is some serious grasping at straws at this point-- old, broken-down straws. . . if some interim did manage to win 6-7 games instead of 4-5, it just delays the inevitable and painful (but necessary) rebuild even further. . . the only intelligent move is to have some freaking self-awareness about the situation, accept that this year is a sunk cost, and not waste any more time or resources trying to throw one more half-assed patch on a tire that's no longer road worthy under the best of circumstances. . .

the smartest thing they can do now is to let VJ finish the season and get us a high pick for next year. . . there's enough talent on this roster right now to make a quick turnaround with the right coach and QB combo, but they need to stop kidding themselves that they can miraculously get quality QB play out of some journeyman or late rounder. . . bite the bullet, man the F up, and suffer some pain this season so the franchise can legitimately grow and move forward under new leadership next year. . . no more half-measures, no more refusing to take the necessary steps. . . who cares if you missed on lynch, it happens to everyone. . . have the balls to take another swing at it. . . we need a talented young QB prospect, and an innovative offensive mind who can develop that guy, and put him in a system to succeed. . . anything less is a cop-out. . . there is no "fixing" this season-- every move from here on out should be made with an eye towards the future. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 10-14-2018 at 01:33 AM. Reason: cuz slim don't read so good

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Nothing huge, though it sounds like Garcia will start for McGovern:
    brilliant! that will undoubtedly compensate for keenum's inability to hit a wide open receiver for the game-winning touchdown, and roby's inability to cover anyone. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man. . . all due respect, and i love you guys. . . but some of you are in a tremendous state of denial if you think an interim coach can come in and magically "save" this season, and make this into a playoff team. . . i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we don't have an NFL-caliber starting quarterback on the roster, and no mid-season coaching hire can change that. . . also, the talent on defense ain't what it was a couple years ago. . . any move to bring in shenanigans is some serious grasping at straws at this point-- old, broken-down straws. . . if some interim did manage to win 6-7 games instead of 4-5, it just delays the inevitable and painful (but necessary) rebuild even further. . . the only intelligent move is to have some freaking self-awareness about the situation, accept that this year is a sunk cost, and not waste any more time or resources trying to throw one more half-assed patch on a tire that's no longer road worthy under the best of circumstances. . . the smartest thing they can do now is to let VJ finish the season and get us a high pick for next year. . . there's enough talent on this roster right now to make a quick turnaround with the right coach and QB combo, but they need to stop kidding themselves that they can miraculously get quality QB play out of some journeyman or late rounder. . . bite the bullet, man the F up, and suffer some pain this season so the franchise can legitimately grow and move forward under new leadership next year. . . no more half-measures, no more refusing to take the necessary steps. . . who cares if you missed on lynch, it happens to everyone. . . have the balls to take another swing at it. . . we need a talented young QB prospect, and an innovative offensive mind who can develop that guy, and put him in a system to succeed. . . anything less is a cop-out. . . there is no "fixing" this season-- every move from here on out should be made with an eye towards the future. . .
    Thanks, Joel!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Thanks, Joel!!
    you're welcome, Joe. . .

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

you're welcome, Joe. . .

God gave us paragraphs and sentence structure for a reason!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You. And sentence structure.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

god gave us beer for a reason, too. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You. And sentence structure.

Blow me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Blow me
    You wish.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

god gave us beer for a reason, too. . .
    MO is up in arms right now. Let's raise a glass in his honor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You wish.
    I am in a great mood and you can't bring me down!!

because every week is different in the NFL. . . the bills have good weeks, and the rams will have bad ones. . . everyone has talent, and we do, too. . . shoulda beat KC-- we'll get a few more wins here and there. . . we ain't worse than last year, and that team managed five wins. . . things are never as good or as bad as they seem in this league. . .
    Blah-blah-blah!

Take your positivity and levelheaded take elsewhere!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Here’s another sobering outlook, our point differential.

Adopted Bronco:

MO is up in arms right now. Let's raise a glass in his honor.
    MO is our brother in arms. . . so don't raise that glass over his head!

19. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

MO is our brother in arms. . . so don't raise that glass over his head!
    I mean...it’s not that hard.

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information