Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The nasty word we all don't want to hear:

Default The nasty word we all don't want to hear:

Rebuild.

I'll just leave that there.

And only follow up with we don't have to be bottom-feeders for years but we should see what is happening for what it is.

Please let me eat these words but if not...
    Last edited by Ground Control; 10-09-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

why are you call ground control.

do you work at airport?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I dont think they will embrace a full rebuild.

There is no ****ing way the NYJ have more talent than Denver. It is all about the Coaching at this point IMO. The lack of discipline and preparedness of this team to me is mind blowing, and its been a trend ever since the loss to the NYG last year.

Both Coordinators are doing a terrible job. VJ no in game adjustments. Challenges that shouldnt be thrown. All kinds of procedural issues. No mental toughness. Lack of fundamentals. All on the Coaching Staff.

Losing is like a cancer. This has to be quelled somehow. Wolfe's comments are indicative of this problem. "Its something deeper that i cant understand" ? Terrible.

He is no leader of men i tell you that.

Yesterday he said all changes are in the table less than 24 hrs after he said there will be no changes. Guy is a complete embarassment and a walking contradiction.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I dont think they will embrace a full rebuild.

There is no ****ing way the NYJ have more talent than Denver. It is all about the Coaching at this point IMO. The lack of discipline and preparedness of this team to me is mind blowing, and its been a trend ever since the loss to the NYG last year.

Both Coordinators are doing a terrible job. VJ no in game adjustments. Challenges that shouldnt be thrown. All kinds of procedural issues. No mental toughness. Lack of fundamentals. All on the Coaching Staff.

Losing is like a cancer. This has to be quelled somehow. Wolfe's comments are indicative of this problem. "Its something deeper that i cant understand" ? Terrible.

He is no leader of men i tell you that.

Yesterday he said all changes are in the table less than 24 hrs after he said there will be no changes. Guy is a complete embarassment and a walking contradiction.
    The only full rebuild we need is coaching staff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The only full rebuild we need is coaching staff.
    5 weeks in and we are already back to the last part of the previous season when the locker room rumblings were spilling out onto social media and into the press. We got rid of the so-called cancers like Talib, and sacrificial lambs like McCoy are long gone. I think our draft this year was outstanding and the one thing that keeps me excited is watching the rookies develop. The one common denominator from this year to last is VJ unfortunately. Even with his new coaching staff not much has changed.

The main difference is I was never under any illusion of this being a good team other than that maybe we could squeak into the playoffs with an early exit. The reality is much more sobering but I still think we have too much talent to call it quits. With the right changes (including sitting veterans that aren't cutting it anymore) we could get a head start on next season and just not have any pressure on the players and the fans and just let them have fun. Hell, maybe you could even squeeze out 6 wins somehow and avoid consecutive losing seasons. The changes have to start soon, though. Unless they wake up, the rest of this season is an extended preseason to me and I will enjoy it as such.

7. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Denver has quite a bit of talent IMO, just missing in a few key positions. Still, that can be overcome with good coaching. This is... the opposite of that. The problem is that all phases need to be evaluated, but all are interlocked. Is the talent not as good as we think and it's making the coaching staff look even worse? Are the coaches kneecapping a fairly decent roster? Can anything progress with Elway at the helm, considering the players and coaches he has picked over the years and who he has let go?

Honestly this most recent draft class is saving Elway at the moment. It's the single thing he has to hang his hat on since Manning retired, and even there he could have gone with a QB to build around in this last draft and chose not to. That looks like genius if Chad Kelly is Phillip Rivers - but if he's Rivers, then shouldn't he be starting soon? Denver has a mauler run game so far - in the spare moments it has been deployed - and Kelly is a mobile QB on a team with plenty of non-TE targets. But pass protection is an issue; to overcome it you would want coaches who can design mobile pockets and cater to the talents on the roster. Instead Denver has this:

So assuming Elway gets at least another year out of this regardless (because he's a legend not just in this town but every town and this team won a Super Bowl a couple of years ago) he has to figure out what to do with the coaching staff the rest of the way. No sense tearing the entire team down with your QB position only overpriced for one more season, especially if you can get one more restock draft like Denver had last year. But it all depends on Kelly, and whether he's the real deal or just John Kitna, as was recently suggested to me. Because Denver is staring at another potential top pick in next year's draft and there will be another QB option - though probably not as good as some options in this draft.

Are any of them better than Kelly? That is a question Denver absolutely needs answered this year. If it's a lost year - and it looks like it will be if the Broncos of the first five games keep playing this way - then Elway has to know whether his backup QB is his QBOTF or not. And that's true regardless of who is giving the stupid press conferences after losses.

If the Broncos lose in blowout fashion to the Rams as expected, Denver has to decide what they want to do with this season. They'd rather not start Kelly on a four-day gameplan against the Cardinals, assuming Keenum is healthy, and you'd prefer for his first start not to be in KC at the end of the month despite having a 10 day prep time. That would leave the 11/4 home game against the Texans as the "soft landing" for Kelly if everything is a disaster and the Broncos go winless in October.

Can they wait that long? Will they be bold enough to sack Keenum even halfway through the season for Mr. Irrelevant?

For Denver's sake - even if Keenum is being held back by the coaching staff and this isn't his fault - Denver is going to need some bold moves from Elway if this year goes the way it looks like it's going. That's not a rebuild, it's just accountability and duty to the team. No excuses.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Good to see you, ~G.

We just might see Kelly this Sunday. That Rams defense is pretty aggressive, and Keenum just might get knocked out at some point. Add to the fact that Phillips probably had this game circled, he's going to bring the house on virtually every play.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    why are you call ground control.

do you work at airport?
    He's Major Tom.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Elway will never admit to a rebuild. "Win from now on." I believe were his exact words

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm Major Tom!

For reals. Stroke used to use that as my theme song. 'Ground control to Major Juggy.' That dude was brilliant at the pop culture character sketch. He also called me Juggy Sagan.

I'm fine being a hybrid Bowie/Sagan guy.

But hey, about those Broncos...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am in the rebuild camp unless $wag shows me more. I'd be thrilled to see him play.

The problem is that he'd have to play for VJ and Musgrave, so I'm not sure I'll see much with which to judge. My gut is that Chad is ultimately limited, but there's enough there to give him a serious look.

If Kelly is not the answer, the veteran turnover plus rookie QB spin-up means the team is competitive in 2020, so plan your roster accordingly.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I was annoyed after the first two games with the lack of pap. At least we’re using it in the fourth quarter when we’re down by 3 touchdowns!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    5 weeks in and we are already back to the last part of the previous season when the locker room rumblings were spilling out onto social media and into the press. We got rid of the so-called cancers like Talib, and sacrificial lambs like McCoy are long gone. I think our draft this year was outstanding and the one thing that keeps me excited is watching the rookies develop. The one common denominator from this year to last is VJ unfortunately. Even with his new coaching staff not much has changed.

The main difference is I was never under any illusion of this being a good team other than that maybe we could squeak into the playoffs with an early exit. The reality is much more sobering but I still think we have too much talent to call it quits. With the right changes (including sitting veterans that aren't cutting it anymore) we could get a head start on next season and just not have any pressure on the players and the fans and just let them have fun. Hell, maybe you could even squeeze out 6 wins somehow and avoid consecutive losing seasons. The changes have to start soon, though. Unless they wake up, the rest of this season is an extended preseason to me and I will enjoy it as such.

Just to clarify. Mccoy was no sacrificial lamb. He was a tumor removed from a tumor. We still have not gotten rid of the big tumor.

I too do not think we need a rebuild. We have a good roster. We need a HC and DC in the worst way!!!!
    We need a QB in the worst way. Fix 2 out of those 3 and we are back to the playoffs imo.
    Fix all three and we can be a contender.

We need a CB. We need another ILB. We need a C/T. Id like to see a DT, but we have Walker on the roster just sitting around not playing cuz the staff is stupid.

I just do not know of any HC or DC available right now that are better. I do not want to make a change just for making a change. Also, we MUST start Kelly to see if we can build with him or if we go all in and draft Herbert this year. It is foolish imo to go another week without seeing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Rebuild is obvious... The word nobody wants to hear is "tanking" - and that's what we ought to be doing as part of our rebuild. Do not @ me.

22. The Following 7 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Rebuild is obvious... The word nobody wants to hear is "tanking" - and that's what we ought to be doing as part of our rebuild. Do not @ me.
    It's semantics at this point. Everyone is saying we need a new staff and QB and other stuff, some are saying rebuild. What's the difference?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information