Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The nasty word we all don't want to hear:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It's semantics at this point. Everyone is saying we need a new staff and QB and other stuff, some are saying rebuild. What's the difference?
    Tanking is a one year process, at least in the NFL. Rebuild usually indicates selling off your good assets for a multi-year tank. No need to sell Harris and Von for draft picks.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    5 weeks in and we are already back to the last part of the previous season when the locker room rumblings were spilling out onto social media and into the press. We got rid of the so-called cancers like Talib, and sacrificial lambs like McCoy are long gone. I think our draft this year was outstanding and the one thing that keeps me excited is watching the rookies develop. The one common denominator from this year to last is VJ unfortunately. Even with his new coaching staff not much has changed.

The main difference is I was never under any illusion of this being a good team other than that maybe we could squeak into the playoffs with an early exit. The reality is much more sobering but I still think we have too much talent to call it quits. With the right changes (including sitting veterans that aren't cutting it anymore) we could get a head start on next season and just not have any pressure on the players and the fans and just let them have fun. Hell, maybe you could even squeeze out 6 wins somehow and avoid consecutive losing seasons. The changes have to start soon, though. Unless they wake up, the rest of this season is an extended preseason to me and I will enjoy it as such.

Just to clarify. Mccoy was no sacrificial lamb. He was a tumor removed from a tumor. We still have not gotten rid of the big tumor.

I too do not think we need a rebuild. We have a good roster. We need a HC and DC in the worst way!!!!
    We need a QB in the worst way. Fix 2 out of those 3 and we are back to the playoffs imo.
    Fix all three and we can be a contender.

We need a CB. We need another ILB. We need a C/T. Id like to see a DT, but we have Walker on the roster just sitting around not playing cuz the staff is stupid.

I just do not know of any HC or DC available right now that are better. I do not want to make a change just for making a change. Also, we MUST start Kelly to see if we can build with him or if we go all in and draft Herbert this year. It is foolish imo to go another week without seeing.
    The walker pick was odd to me because i dont see a natural fit as a 5 tech. He is a classic up the field 4-3 end or potentially slide inside on passing downs.

3. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

It's semantics at this point. Everyone is saying we need a new staff and QB and other stuff, some are saying rebuild. What's the difference?
    It is my understanding that a rebuild means you're doing a major roster overturn. I've heard phrasing like "small rebuild," or "slight rebuild," but my understanding is that those are almost oxymoron in nature.

I don't know, bro. I just want someone to say they'll hold me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    5 weeks in and we are already back to the last part of the previous season when the locker room rumblings were spilling out onto social media and into the press. We got rid of the so-called cancers like Talib, and sacrificial lambs like McCoy are long gone. I think our draft this year was outstanding and the one thing that keeps me excited is watching the rookies develop. The one common denominator from this year to last is VJ unfortunately. Even with his new coaching staff not much has changed.

The main difference is I was never under any illusion of this being a good team other than that maybe we could squeak into the playoffs with an early exit. The reality is much more sobering but I still think we have too much talent to call it quits. With the right changes (including sitting veterans that aren't cutting it anymore) we could get a head start on next season and just not have any pressure on the players and the fans and just let them have fun. Hell, maybe you could even squeeze out 6 wins somehow and avoid consecutive losing seasons. The changes have to start soon, though. Unless they wake up, the rest of this season is an extended preseason to me and I will enjoy it as such.
    See, I think this scenario is the worst case. I either want us to make the playoffs, or bottom out. Going 8-8 gets you nowhere.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Rebuild is obvious... The word nobody wants to hear is "tanking" - and that's what we ought to be doing as part of our rebuild. Do not @ me.
    When you stink you don’t have to try to tank. You can try to win every game and still end up with a top 5 pick.

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    When you stink you don’t have to try to tank. You can try to win every game and still end up with a top 5 pick.
    This is the best argument for letting VJ coach out the string. Basically tanking on easy mode!

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is the best argument for letting VJ coach out the string. Basically tanking on easy mode!
    Possum tanking!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It seems like I'm being a bad fan, but being competitive in 2019 seems unrealistic to me. I'd shift my vision to long-term competitiveness, 2020 and beyond. I could see how some pieces could fall into place for next year, that would be great. There's a gamble in that. The smart money to me is on a rebuild, but that's not part of Elway's DNA. I like that about him, but it might be a flaw in these circumstances. Guess I get to watch it unfold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

It seems like I'm being a bad fan, but being competitive in 2019 seems unrealistic to me. I'd shift my vision to long-term competitiveness, 2020 and beyond. I could see how some pieces could fall into place for next year, that would be great. There's a gamble in that. The smart money to me is on a rebuild, but that's not part of Elway's DNA. I like that about him, but it might be a flaw in these circumstances. Guess I get to watch it unfold!
    You and I are in total agreement. I will now enter you, and then you will be reborn.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

No one likes hearing the term rebuild but...I think we kind of have to. At least a partial rebuild.

I love our rookies so they are exempt. So is Chris Harris and Von Miller. Everyone else idgaf about.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

18. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    No one likes hearing the term rebuild but...I think we kind of have to. At least a partial rebuild.

I love our rookies so they are exempt. So is Chris Harris and Von Miller. Everyone else idgaf about.
    I would keep simmons, paradis, mcgovern and turner. Scrap heap the rest of the o line. The tough thing is we have no idea who is good and who isnt at this point because scheme and coaching are such issues

Big thick men!

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The problem with just blowing it all up is that we might actually have a decent squad but our coaching is so horrible and our QB play still sucks so we don’t know. Tell me Wade couldn’t have this defense in the top 5!? I’m sure he could. Woods sucks, VJ sucks and I’m really starting to question Musgrave. How on the hell do you run the ball <20 times per game with studs like Lindsay and Freeman at your disposal and an Oline who is pretty good at run blocking? There’s zero creativity in our offense and it keeps falling on Keenum who isn’t a guy to “save the day” and typically doesn’t.

Scrap this coaching staff and get some guys in here who can actually make players perform to their talent level and maybe even have their players prepared for the team they’re playing that week. This roster is not devoid of talent. Even Keenum is better than he’s shown so far. Look at the difference between McDouchebag’s team and Fox’s. Pretty much the same roster (before Manning), marked improvement in play and preparation.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Rebuild is obvious... The word nobody wants to hear is "tanking" - and that's what we ought to be doing as part of our rebuild. Do not @ me.
    Im gonna
    @ you so hard!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

25. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The problem with just blowing it all up is that we might actually have a decent squad but our coaching is so horrible and our QB play still sucks so we don’t know. Tell me Wade couldn’t have this defense in the top 5!? I’m sure he could. Woods sucks, VJ sucks and I’m really starting to question Musgrave. How on the hell do you run the ball <20 times per game with studs like Lindsay and Freeman at your disposal and an Oline who is pretty good at run blocking? There’s zero creativity in our offense and it keeps falling on Keenum who isn’t a guy to “save the day” and typically doesn’t.

Scrap this coaching staff and get some guys in here who can actually make players perform to their talent level and maybe even have their players prepared for the team they’re playing that week. This roster is not devoid of talent. Even Keenum is better than he’s shown so far. Look at the difference between McDouchebag’s team and Fox’s. Pretty much the same roster (before Manning), marked improvement in play and preparation.
    This.

There is no ****ing way the NYJ are a more talented bunch than Denver.

Even Todd ****ing Bowles is a betyer coach than VJ at this point.

A bad Coach can keep a bad team competitive.

VJ is always shooting himself in the face on game day, how can the Broncos wwin when they have to overcome that before their opposition?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

27. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information