Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jags sign David Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Where Keenum was drafted is completely irrelevant. We didn't draft him. We signed him to a big free agent deal. We paid him to be the starter, so he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets.

Kelly, we picked in the 7th round. So if he never amounts to more than a backup, that's totally ok. You don't expect more than that from a 7th round pick. And if he exceeds that it's just gravy.

I know you're trying to dig for hypocrisy here, but it just doesn't exist.
    Actually, that is on Elway and Joseph, for being inept. Its not Cases fault, he is playing to his level. And it does, becuase if draft status matters, it matters across the board, regardless of who starts or sits on the last chosen list.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm not missing any point. He's still playing as a starting QB. He's still there, as the reality. Further, what poor *******? He shouldn't have been drafted, let alone in the league, and we took him. He's now making millions of dollars while being one of the absolute worst at his job. He still got a chance to start for an elite franchise and make a name for himself. Poor *******? Are you kidding me?

Booker doesn't suck - he's remarkably average. TS was, for both years, near the bottom of the league in production. He was beyond being bad - he was horrendous. He was to quarterbacking what rocks are to swimming.

The equation takes into account your talent, your ability, your draft stock, your prominence, and your production. The bigger the role the harsher it gets - they're professional athletes...this isn't a random cubicle worker. And believe me, plenty were mad at the morons who put him in that position.

Take it a step further - TS is a backup, right? Well, backup Qb's are expected to complete over 60% of their passes, take care of the ball, and throw more TDs than INTs. That's not a high standard for a backup. TS didn't even do that. He didn't fail because he wasn't throwing up PFM numbers. He failed because he was legitimately one of the worst QB's in the league. And if the distinction is that "well he's so bad that he shouldn't even be a backup," then we agree, and I'm just pissed that he doesn't' even have basic competency.

Or are we not allowed even that anymore?
    Im not saying you arent allowed anything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Booker plays at back up level. He is a back up. His draft status is irrelevant in this equation.

Keenum plays at bum level. He is the starter. His draft status is also irrelevant in this equation.

It's about potential, talent, performance and role on the team.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Really hope people arent getting bent out of shape over this, I just cant see how there can be a sliding scale. Either your draft position matters or it doesnt. Ill let it go at that, its just a position i seem to be alone in, and the debate isnt one i can sway people on, so ill just remain steadfast in stance and roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Really hope people arent getting bent out of shape over this, I just cant see how there can be a sliding scale. Either your draft position matters or it doesnt. Ill let it go at that, its just a position i seem to be alone in, and the debate isnt one i can sway people on, so ill just remain steadfast in stance and roll with it.
    Booker wouldn’t probably draw so much ire if the coaching staff hadn’t spent the last two offseasons pitching him as the heir apparent to CJ.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Either your draft position matters or it doesnt.
    It really doesn't at the end of the day. Draft position is really just a way to quantify investment, but folks are wrong (on either side) of that investment all the time. Sometimes you end up with bargains and sometimes with baggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It really doesn't at the end of the day. Draft position is really just a way to quantify investment, but folks are wrong (on either side) of that investment all the time. Sometimes you end up with bargains and sometimes with baggage.
    It really doesn’t ...what? Matter? Agreed

Boil water? Debatable

Start combustion engines? Sketchy at best

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It really doesn’t ...what? Matter? Agreed

Boil water? Debatable

Start combustion engines? Sketchy at best
    I quoted "either your draft position matters or it doesn't"

I said "it doesn't". Is the article "it" references unclear?
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I quoted "either your draft position matters or it doesn't"

I said "it doesn't". Is the article "it" references unclear?
    You’re like being specific and serious, man. I had no idea what you were specifically referring to, nor was I remotely serious or concerned.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Good talk guys. As your third string back and a utilitu guy he is fine. I think part of thenissue for all of us is that we remember he was touted as a potential steal when most thought he would go in the second. Maybe we drafted a rotational player about where he should have gone and need to adjust expectation. Dog he isnt the worst back we have trotted out by quite a ways.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

It's a consideration. Sometimes it's relevant like "hey, this seventh round QB is awful...you know like a seventh round QB." Sometimes it's "this is an average RB taken in the fourth." Other times it's "oh wow...we get nothing out of our second rounders.

Other times it's just a wet shit party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You’re like being specific and serious, man. I had no idea what you were specifically referring to, nor was I remotely serious or concerned.
    Woah, woah, woah. No need to take that tone. FFS, let's just chill out.

19. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Good talk guys. As your third string back and a utilitu guy he is fine. I think part of thenissue for all of us is that we remember he was touted as a potential steal when most thought he would go in the second. Maybe we drafted a rotational player about where he should have gone and need to adjust expectation. Dog he isnt the worst back we have trotted out by quite a ways.
    I soured on him when his first NFL carry was a fumble. I groaned out loud when I saw him on plays early in the year.

Having said all of that, I feel like his play this year has been effective, and dare I even say, competent. Assuming he makes no more mistakes (read; fumble), I'm very comfortable right where he is. He seems to be proving that 3rd string/utility is a good fit for him. He's young enough that with hard work he could improve on that.

I'm cool with that.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I tend to like players that people hate on for no solid reason. I mean we will hate on the random tertiary back who had successes and failures when given some prominent playing time...but it took us over an entire season to hate on TS.

And an entire offseason and a big chnk of this season to hate on CK.

I just want to be held.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I just want to be held.
    @garrettbolles

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information