Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is Miller's snap count so low this year?

Default Why is Miller's snap count so low this year?

Watching the game last night, it felt like he was barely ever on the field. He has only taken part in 68% of defensive snaps. What's going on with him? He looked completely gassed in the 4th quarter despite spending most of the game on the sidelines.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Watching the game last night, it felt like he was barely ever on the field. He has only taken part in 68% of defensive snaps. What's going on with him? He looked completely gassed in the 4th quarter despite spending most of the game on the sidelines.
    He was disquieted. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He was disquieted. Duh.
    Well it's disquieting to me that our best defender is down 17% in his snap counts over last year. He was averaging 85% snap counts through 3 games last year, he's never been less than 80% when healthy. Something just seems really off here that our best player isn't being used.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He addressed it in a pregame interview. Said that they're trying to give some snaps to other very talented players, and he's "OK" with that. Keeps him fresh for a long season.

That said, his body language suggested he'd rather be out there for every snap.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He addressed it in a pregame interview. Said that they're trying to give some snaps to other very talented players, and he's "OK" with that. Keeps him fresh for a long season.

On top of your last sentence, he didn't look fresh...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Found it:

“We’ve got four great outside linebackers and we’ve got different packages to get these guys in,’’ Miller said. “We’ve got a NASCAR package where we get either Shaq or Shane in with me and Chubb. To get those guys more playing time, you’ve got to get the guys who are on the field out. I’m completely comfortable with those guys going in and making plays. Both of those guys would be starters on other teams. That’s just how it is.

“I would love to play more – and I will play more. We’re still trying to figure out the rotation. But the priority is to get Shaq and Shane reps.

“And it’s still early in the season. If these guys take reps away from me and Chubb, then over the course of the season it will keep us healthier as well. It’s our strategy that we have this season. We’ve tried it in the past but we’re really going for it this season.’’
    https://www.9news.com/article/sports...t/73-599448787

Sorry, but we pay the guy to be on the field making impacts. I don't care about other players getting snaps...he is our most talented and highly paid player and should be out on the field whenever possible. This is another coaching fail.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

If that’s true, then these morons need to be shit canned immediately. You don’t take your best ******* player out fot that shit! That’s why they’re 2-3.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Elway should just trade Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Elway should just trade Shane Ray or Shaq Barrett. Problem solved.
    For what, a conditional late round pick? The only player we could get a first for is Miller, and you don’t trade your best player when he’s only 28.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    For what, a conditional late round pick? The only player we could get a first for is Miller, and you don’t trade your best player when he’s only 28.
    For a conditional 5th-6th, yeah. It's obvious this team will only re-sign one or neither of Barrett or Ray, and if the team can get more value from a trade then than they would off a compensatory pick, they should.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    For a conditional 5th-6th, yeah. It's obvious this team will only re-sign one or neither of Barrett or Ray, and if the team can get more value from a trade then than they would off a compensatory pick, they should.
    I guess if we’re not making the playoffs this year we might as well. This team is a 4-12 or 6-10 team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Could he be hurt?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Could he be hurt?
    Yes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Could he be hurt?
    Yes.
    This was the easiest explanation and why i think hes not the same. Not the first time Broncos don't report their injuries.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information