Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Butt's knee

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Another wasted pick.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    1h1 hour ago

Matt LaCosse is expected to fill Jake Butt's role as the "receiving" tight end alongside starter Jeff Heuerman. The Broncos also have Brian Parker on their practice squad. A Parker promotion would be logical. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    28m
    Jake Butt was going through walkthrough-speed coverage on kickoff assignment when he suffered injury, according to a source close to Butt. Similar to how TE Jeff Heuerman tore his ACL during his rookie minicamp in 2015. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    31m
    Many players have come back from three ACL surgeries, including Carolina Panther All Pro Thomas Davis who had 3 ACL tears in one knee. Don't count out Jake Butt, yet. He is gung-ho about football with high character. #9sports
    Many ? I doubt It

5. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Another wasted pick.
    Maybe but is was great pick at the time. Many, many players have gotten over 1-2 college acl’s. It was a fluke.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Another wasted pick.
    Maybe but is was great pick at the time. Many, many players have gotten over 1-2 college acl’s. It was a fluke.
    Just the point. Yet another pick not to work out. Butt 2019? Huh.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I was hoping for a lot of Butt in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos tight end Jake Butt: 'I made a cut and knew it right away. But I'm lucky'

ENGLEWOOD – They don't make 'em like Jake Butt.

Here, the Broncos' tight end had just suffered his third anterior cruciate ligament tear in 4 1/2 years around noon Thursday at his team's UCHealth Training Center headquarters and what were his sentiments by early evening?

"I feel lucky,'' he said in a phone interview with 9News. "I have so many wonderful people around me for support. I’ve had so many people reach out to me and tell me they’re praying for me and thinking of me. I’m so blessed.”

Butt tore the ACL to his left knee during a non-contact special teams practice Thursday, an injury that will finish his season after just three games. Although it happened prior to the official start of practice that is open to the media, Butt wanted it clear the injury did not occur during a walkthrough portion of practice as was widely reported, including by 9News.

"I'm not that soft,'' he said. "I don't want people thinking I was walking around and stepped on a pebble or something.''

The injury occurred as Butt decelerated while covering a kickoff in practice.

"I made a cut and I knew it right away,'' he said.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...y/73-598894838

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Bummed. Good dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

He is the Derrick Rose of the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He is the Derrick Rose of the NFL.
    Butt was never a former MVP.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Butt was never a former MVP.
    He's a Bronco so I was trying to be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's a Bronco so I was trying to be kind.
    I expect a better NBA take than that from you.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I was really hopeful. He looked the part and even though his knee was always a lingering doubt, Miller tore his ACL and is still the man. That's what I told myself, at least. A 3rd ACL in 4 years though? We must move on. If a miracle happens, then great. If not, it's down to Heuerman, who has looked good butt (heh) he has his own injury issues. Le Blanc is a good receiver with little blocking credentials (I worked hard not to say butt). The reason I'm not crestfallen is our coaches have shown little ability to properly use tight ends in the last two years, so the loss of Butt isn't a killer. Maybe they had a long term plan but this freak accident is proof that you need to use the hell out of talent, rather than shelter it out of fear it gets hurt. Butt would have had it no other way, I'm sure.

Anyway, I believe 2 of the first 4 picks of 2019 should be DBs but can we please use a high pick on a dominant and versatile tight end that has no history of injury? Should we call this philosophy the 'Butt Agenda'?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I expect a better NBA take than that from you.
    Shawn Livingston?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information