Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to Celebrate the No Fly Zone- May They Rest in Peace

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Never should have gotten rid of Ward... He brought the attitude that served as the foundation for that group (along with Talib's swag). Even if we had depth at safety - he was worth the $4 mil or whatever he would have cost us.

It's been a precipitous decline since then.
    Hi-fived because you are right about his importance--Ward--but history shows otherwise regarding the idea that you keep him on payroll. I'm just happy the stars aligned in 2015 with Ware, Von, Jr, Wade, Ward, and 'Lib. Malik, Wolfe, Danny T, Stew, Roby, and so on, solid contributors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ware was super crazy important overall. Wade knew how to let boys be boys. Ward had a presence that is missing now. The lesson we should have learned is that the Broncos defense should have as many W _ _ _ names as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We would not be getting the Ward from 2015.
    We don't have the same 'good' Roby, or Wolfe, or DT/ES, etc.

Hyperbole is kind of fun. We lost a lot of leadership, in all seriousness, Al.
    They lost a lot of talent too. Backups were turned into Starters out of necessity. Leadership starts on the sidelines and they get none.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Never should have gotten rid of Ward... He brought the attitude that served as the foundation for that group (along with Talib's swag). Even if we had depth at safety - he was worth the $4 mil or whatever he would have cost us.

It's been a precipitous decline since then.
    I don't disagree he was a beast but to be fair he got benched that season we let him go in Tampa as well for poor play. Father time finally called for him. We just got ahead of it by about 6 weeks.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I don't disagree he was a beast but to be fair he got benched that season we let him go in Tampa as well for poor play. Father time finally called for him. We just got ahead of it by about 6 weeks.
    The same with Talib.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The same with Talib.
    perhaps...his play wasn't great this past Sunday before he got hurt, no way to know what he would have done here, but he misses 6 weeks of the season....so maybe it was just that time to move on......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    No. His game is in Decline. And are you going to play him and an even more pass Happy League over either Stewart or Simmons?
    Bwhahahahahah, yea because we are so much better now. I guess you missed the last couple of games in terms of pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    perhaps...his play wasn't great this past Sunday before he got hurt, no way to know what he would have done here, but he misses 6 weeks of the season....so maybe it was just that time to move on......
    Agreed

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

it was fun while it lasted, but nothing lasts forever. . . bringing back TJ isn't going to fire up the hot tub time machine, any more than hiring dennison would. . . i'm just glad i got to witness it, because it was a hell of a ride. . .

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    No. His game is in Decline. And are you going to play him and an even more pass Happy League over either Stewart or Simmons?
    Bwhahahahahah, yea because we are so much better now. I guess you missed the last couple of games in terms of pass defense.
    North. He played 6 games last year because he fell off. Our problem is corner not so much safety and the horrid defensive gameplan

14. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Ya'll have completely missed my point on Ward. He was worth more to us as a tone setter than he was worth to any other team. We had both the depth and salary cap space to retain him - and there is really no argument in hindsight that we were better off without him.

I'm making a "the whole is better than the sum of its parts" argument here. Clearly his play had dropped off some - but where did we reallocate that $4 mil and was that worth the tradeoff of losing his defensive leadership and attitude? For me, the answer is clearly no. In hindsight - we should have done a lot more to keep the band together, starting with Wade.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Ya'll have completely missed my point on Ward. He was worth more to us as a tone setter than he was worth to any other team. We had both the depth and salary cap space to retain him - and there is really no argument in hindsight that we were better off without him.

I'm making a "the whole is better than the sum of its parts" argument here. Clearly his play had dropped off some - but where did we reallocate that $4 mil and was that worth the tradeoff of losing his defensive leadership and attitude? For me, the answer is clearly no. In hindsight - we should have done a lot more to keep the band together, starting with Wade.
    Buff i get it but you cant pay a backup oft injured safety whose play is declining 4 million to sit just for his leadership. Simmons was ready. And cheaper. I hated losing he and ware. It killed me but guys get old fast

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

We weren’t doing shit last year. Simmons got more Pt. It was the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    We weren’t doing shit last year. Simmons got more Pt. It was the right move.
    I loved Ward, but he did jack shit in Tampa, and is currently out of the league. What was he worth he worth to us last year? A win? 2 at most and that's a huge stretch. Then we don't get Chubb. I agree with Buff in principle, but we made the right move.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I loved Ward, but he did jack shit in Tampa, and is currently out of the league. What was he worth he worth to us last year? A win? 2 at most and that's a huge stretch. Then we don't get Chubb. I agree with Buff in principle, but we made the right move.
    It's all a moot point given how awful the offense was last year... Wouldn't have mattered either way. But you wonder why there was tension in the locker room?? Cause you cut TJ Ward and go out and pay guys like Menelik Watson and Jamaal Charles.

I understand the counterargument in principle - but here is an instance where I think Elway was wrong and conventional wisdom was wrong.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information