Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wade Phillips for Head Coach

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Wade Phillips for Head Coach

Time to admit your mistake John and pull the plug on VJ. Only way the defense brings it home.

As a Bronco fan I beg you.

Its one thing to watch a good team lose........its another to watch them lose while looking at a headcoach look like a crack addict on the sidelines.

I cant stand watching anxiety eat the man alive while theres a game going on.

He throws the red flag pretty much on every play two seconds after the whistle.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

He's had to bad experiences as HC & its my understanding that he has made it clear that he never wants another HC job.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

New HC? Makes sense.

3-1 would be excellent. I'm looking forward to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No.
    Yes.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No thank you. If we were going to bring back a Coach id want Shanahan. Wade has never won as a HC.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Time to admit your mistake John and pull the plug on VJ. Only way the defense brings it home.

As a Bronco fan I beg you.

Its one thing to watch a good team lose........its another to watch them lose while looking at a headcoach look like a crack addict on the sidelines.

I cant stand watching anxiety eat the man alive while theres a game going on.

He throws the red flag pretty much on every play two seconds after the whistle.
    Wade Phillips has been a head coach on three different occasions and none of them were very successful. One of those stints was in Denver. He's a fantastic defensive coordinator but he's not head coaching material. No thanks.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

He will always have a special place in my heart for creating the beast that was the 2015 defence.
    He also has a permanent dark mark for what he did to Doug Flutie.
    Great DC.
    Lousy HC.

14. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Eric Bieniemy offensive coordinator of the Chiefs is going to be a hot name.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Eric Bieniemy offensive coordinator of the Chiefs is going to be a hot name.
    Bienemy is a dick and a hypocrite and Andyis the OC of that team.

And as much as i like him just noooo to Wade. He is such a good coordinator that people forget what a bad hc he is. Ala norv turner

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    He will always have a special place in my heart for creating the beast that was the 2015 defence.
    Great DC.
    Lousy HC.
    He was forced to start Rob Johnson over Flutie. That unfortunately does not make him look better. That only shows how he does not command the respect as head coach.

Parcells was forced to draft Terry Glenn by Kraft that year. He quit, and he did not hold back.

Simply put, there.are certain coaches that you could force things on. Wade Philips is one of those.

I thought his major problem with the Broncos (other than him being a stop gap as Shanahan and Kubiak learned the SF system for two seasons) was he did not hire the right DC to run his system. Instead he hired Charlie Waters and Waters ran a different system and Wade Philips really did not step in.

Ironic, how under Philips Elways offensive numbers all of a sudden did great. It was the Broncos defenses those years that were awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Bienemy is a dick and a hypocrite and Andyis the OC of that team.

And as much as i like him just noooo to Wade. He is such a good coordinator that people forget what a bad hc he is. Ala norv turner
    He was ultimately a failure as head coach, but if you look at it, he was not that bad.

He made the playoffs and his teams were usually competitive. Usually.

In availability with the Denver media, Phillips said, “I was a lousy head coach but I’m a pretty good defensive coordinator. That’s what I do well.”
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...retty-good-dc/

20. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Great DC.
    Lousy HC.
    He was forced to start Rob Johnson over Flutie. That unfortunately does not make him look better. That only shows how he does not command the respect as head coach.

Parcells was forced to draft Terry Glenn by Kraft that year. He quit, and he did not hold back.

Simply put, there.are certain coaches that you could force things on. Wade Philips is one of those.

I thought his major problem with the Broncos (other than him being a stop gap as Shanahan and Kubiak learned the SF system for two seasons) was he did not hire the right DC to run his system. Instead he hired Charlie Waters and Waters ran a different system and Wade Philips really did not step in.

Ironic, how under Philips Elways offensive numbers all of a sudden did great. It was the Broncos defenses those years that were awful.
    Waters ran a 3×4 too. When they got Ted Washington he was supposed to be the NT they needed as if that was the only real problem. The real issue was the LBs on those Denver teams were just horrific and couldn't tackle or cover anyone. That was why the Phillips led Broncos D was so bad. I remember 94 like it was two years ago.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

22. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Waters ran a 3×4 too. When they got Ted Washington he was supposed to be the NT they needed as if that was the only real problem. The real issue was the LBs on those Denver teams were just horrific and couldn't tackle or cover anyone. That was why the Phillips led Broncos D was so bad. I remember 94 like it was two years ago.
    For some reason I thought Charlie Waters ran a 4-3 and Ted Washington was a bit misused in that system. I know Waters came out of that 4-3 Tom Landry flex defensive philosophy.

Could be wrong.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information