Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any hope for Keenum?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    See Bolles horrible play on the reg. McGovern had a rough day but Bolles is just terrible
    Two good games one bad game not helped by a panicking qb holding onto the ball too long.

To Ziggy: VJ wasn’t the one throwing ankle balls because of the rain. QB matters, coach being a positive or a negative be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    What is everyone's expectations for next Monday night against the Chiefs?

Many had the Ravens game as a loss because of east coast, and the Ravens usually give the Broncos fits. And that's exactly what happened.
    I expect a Broncos win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I expect a Broncos win.
    That’s expected every game, right?

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

See Bolles horrible play on the reg. McGovern had a rough day but Bolles is just terrible
    Yes the penalties were bad, but honestly each time he saved Keenum from getting killed. Keenum was holding the ball way too long, without the hold he gets sacked hard each time and probably fumbles. As bad as the holds were, it probably would've been way worse had he not held.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He was holding the ball trying to make a play downfield. Its a team game folks, CK isnt the only reason they lost.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Awful take. Boles was a brick wall the first two weeks. Had a bad week 3. "Terrible player".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    The worst part of all of this is that some really good coaches were out there last year and we had pick of the lot and John jut coulsnt get past his obsession with Vance and Joe. How much do you think a seasoned old that like Wade would benefit this coaching staff right now? Plus just by proxy being rid of Joe Woods would make us automatically better.
    This goes against was was reported that John was ready to clean house and Ellis tasked him out of it at the eleventh hour.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I expect a Broncos win.
    Expect? Or desperately hope?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Awful take. Boles was a brick wall the first two weeks. Had a bad week 3. "Terrible player".
    Bolles has struggled and he has not been a bright spot. You're kidding yourself if you think he was a 'brick wall' and i question if you even watched the first two games or any of last year. He gets blown up on the reg. He needs to play better, like everyone else.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Two good games one bad game not helped by a panicking qb holding onto the ball too long.

To Ziggy: VJ wasn’t the one throwing ankle balls because of the rain. QB matters, coach being a positive or a negative be damned.
    Keenum too has to play smarter but he was panicky because he was afraid of getting killed. You guys make out like he is operating behind Nalen and Schlereth and the 90s Broncos. They run better but Freeman and Lindsay have been effective too, thats the big difference.

Theyre a liability in pass prot. Plain and simple.

He was holding the ball trying to make a play downfield. Its a team game folks, CK isnt the only reason they lost.
    Seriously?? As much as he wants to be, Keenum isn't Brett Favre, he's not going to run around back there and make these magical plays out of nothing. All that's going happen from Keenum holding the ball, or running around like a confused dog, is a holding call because the o-lineman grab their guy to keep Keenum from getting killed, a bigger sack, or an INT. Unless it's 4th down, either throw the ball away or take the check down.

I hoped for better, but it's about what I expected. I expect a decent coaching staff could make him look better than what we have. But we don't have that.

Breaking down rest of year:

KC - Don't think I will even watch. I expect this to be embarassingly bad on national tv. L
    NYJ - Toss up
    Rams - L (blowout fashion)
    Cardinals - W
    KC - L
    Hou - Toss up
    LAC - L
    Pitt - L
    Cin - L
    SF - W
    Cle - L
    Oak - L
    LAC - L

Denver is frustrating. There is enough talent on the team to be in the hunt for a WC spot. Coaching is without a doubt the biggest issue. Vance and Woods should be gone. They shouldn't have let Talib go. Our HC should be able as a "leader of men" to manage passionate players.

I am torn between wanting to see Kelly play and not wanting him to get phucked up long-term due our coaching staff.

16. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

KC defense is soooo poopy. Get right game Keenum!

18. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Keenum too has to play smarter but he was panicky because he was afraid of getting killed. You guys make out like he is operating behind Nalen and Schlereth and the 90s Broncos. They run better but Freeman and Lindsay have been effective too, thats the big difference.

Theyre a liability in pass prot. Plain and simple.
    Why is he afraid of getting killed? He's been sacked 5 times and has been hit 18 times, both numbers are about the middle of the league. By this point last year, I think Siemian already had double digit sacks. He's been hit about the same as the rest of the staring QBs, if he can't even handle that, then he has no business starting.

We'll see Kelly soon enough if the OLine continues to struggle in pass prot. Its only Week 3 and they're looking piss poor. Technique? Scheme? Coaching?
    Level of talent due to a GM that refuses to properly address the glaring need for more talent?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information