Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have any hope for Keenum?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

His one great season, he used VR to prep for games. I wonder if there is a relationship. I wonder if VJ and Elway care about these things, or if they just write off stuff they don't understand or agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    His one great season, he used VR to prep for games. I wonder if there is a relationship. I wonder if VJ and Elway care about these things, or if they just write off stuff they don't understand or agree with.
    I take umbrage with calling a run of the mill game manager season great. I take umbrage not because it's you, which I think you sometimes suspect, but because it's one of the reasons that people got their expectations up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I take umbrage with calling a run of the mill game manager season great. I take umbrage not because it's you, which I think you sometimes suspect, but because it's one of the reasons that people got their expectations up.
    Dude. I choked on my vomit when they announced that 'they got their guy'. He's Siemian. All he's done so far is prove he's actually worse than T-Siz.

Swag.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It was a great regular season though, from the QB position. Great production.

Dude. I choked on my vomit when they announced that 'they got their guy'. He's Siemian. All he's done so far is prove he's actually worse than T-Siz.

Swag.
    I'm starting to hate him as much as I hated TS.

You cannot fathom my hatred for TS.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm starting to hate him as much as I hated TS.

You cannot fathom my hatred for TS.
    No, I cannot.

I will never fall in love with 22 TDs and 3500 yards in a small ball offense.

It was a game manager production that people went goo-goo-ga-gag for because they don't understand completion percentage and QBR.

You, like old silly people like Top who can't fathom why small ball completion percentages that are really high aren't as actually impressive as a real NFL offense completion percentage that is just high.

Or how game managers are supposed to be efficient and the QBR formula overvalues that efficiency.

I just want people to be as smart as me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I will never fall in love with 22 TDs and 3500 yards in a small ball offense.

It was a game manager production that people went goo-goo-ga-gag for because they don't understand completion percentage and QBR.

You, like old silly people like Top who can't fathom why small ball completion percentages that are really high aren't as actually impressive as a real NFL offense completion percentage that is just high.

Or how game managers are supposed to be efficient and the QBR formula overvalues that efficiency.

I just want people to be as smart as me.
    Perhaps you have a point to make then?

All you've done is say 'no, you are wrong' but haven't shown why. Meanwhile, that production with a solid defense was sufficient for a conference championship game.

Perhaps you have a point to make then?

All you've done is say 'no, you are wrong' but haven't shown why. Meanwhile, that production with a solid defense was sufficient for a conference championship game.
    I made my point - you missed it. Not my fault. My point is what I highlighted - that production asserted as good is not considered good and nor should it be. 22 TDs is a nice total from the 90's. 3500 yards is not good, either. The standard is 4k. That production with one of the BEST defenses in the league, so good that the Vikings could run the ball more than anyone else even though they only got 3.9 a carry (hiding CK) was good enough to get to the NFCCG.

Also, after highlighting why the contextual stats (QBR and %) weren't impressive, the point was pretty clear. If you're going to critique an argument you should probably read it better.

I am irritated in general and I shouldn't be so short.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I made my point - you missed it. Not my fault. My point is what I highlighted - that production asserted as good is not considered good and nor should it be. 22 TDs is a nice total from the 90's. 3500 yards is not good, either. The standard is 4k. That production with one of the BEST defenses in the league, so good that the Vikings could run the ball more than anyone else even though they only got 3.9 a carry (hiding CK) was good enough to get to the NFCCG.

Also, after highlighting why the contextual stats (QBR and %) weren't impressive, the point was pretty clear. If you're going to critique an argument you should probably read it better.

I am now irritated with you.
    You haven't proven a damn thing. It's sad you think you have.

I'm willing to concede everything you say, and you still haven't made a point.

You haven't proven a damn thing. It's sad you think you have.

I'm willing to concede everything you say, and you still haven't made a point.
    Well I cited to his stats and noted that his stats aren't that impressive in 2018. It's sad that you think someone has to hold your hand and walk you through an entire argument. I work off of the assumption that someone, for instance, knows what the basic standards are for QB play.

I edited my comment out of a desire to be cordial. I now repudiate that cordial conduct as you were as undeserving of it as I had previously determined.

**** right off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Well I cited to his stats and noted that his stats aren't that impressive in 2018. It's sad that you think someone has to hold your hand and walk you through an entire argument. I work off of the assumption that someone, for instance, knows what the basic standards are for QB play.

I edited my comment out of a desire to be cordial. I now repudiate that cordial conduct as you were as undeserving of it as I had previously determined.

**** right off.
    Look, if you can prove that a 2017 Keenum and solid defense isn't a recipe for a postseason run, I'll bow down to your towering intellect. You just haven't done that.

Keenum is limited. But that production from 2017 in a 50/50 offense was adequate with a stellar defense. That is what the Broncos thought they would get, but they discounted how much of his production was playing mistake-free with plus anticipation from drilling with VR. It's sad the Broncos don't have a clue about how to vet and develop a modern QB.

What I get from you is that Keenum's efficiency doesn't really mean much because he doesn't pose a talent question to defenses that require special measures to offset. And in this era, if you don't have a QB that does that, you can be schematically overcome. I think that's your point, but you never made it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

He's better than T-Sim, but he is not a quarterback you want if you ever want to win a SB.

This was the post - the assertion that it was great production from the QB position. Then you changed it to a 'recipe' which still doesn't make it great production from the QB position. Stop moving the goal line while chiding someone for 'not proving something' Oh King of Rhetoric and debate.

I don't need anyone to bow to my adequate yet mostly average intellect.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I still think it's a major OLine deficiency and pass prot block problem. Run blocking has been better but it's an improved backfield too. CK looked just like Simien today.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information