Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Ravens 09/23/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    The sky has fallen, is falling, will fall, were all doomed, Armageddon is here, keenum will save us, keenum will kill us, VJ will kill us, Lindsay will save us, DT and sanders suck....god help us all.....That's about all I got out of sunday
    Broncos can still win this game.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm still more bothered by lindsay getting ejected in such weak fashion than I am to losing.

Also, and I really do hate to do it, but the officiating in that game was terrible. You gotta call what you gotta call, but a game so heavily influenced by penalties is just bad for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Minnesota got whacked at home by Buffalo. Im sure their fanbase is defeated today too.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Minnesota got whacked at home by Buffalo. Im sure their fanbase is defeated today too.
    There were a few upsets yesterday. The Broncos losing can't be considered an upset.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Chubb impressed me.

9. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

yeah I mean were 2-1, tied for a wild card spot lol....if we lose next week to go 2-2. I have us going into the bye week at 5-4. I'm starting to feel that we could have a good second half schedule though, if this team truly is different and will respond to adversity better than last year. We could be 9-7 or 10-6 when its all said and done, however its early and there are coaching and execution concerns that could make the season go bad quickly if they cant respond and fix it....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It's tough to say how we will respond to adversity. Our first real big "adversity" came yesterday, and the response game will not be easy.

I'll reserve judgement until then.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Chubb impressed me.
    I thought he’s reached his ceiling.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we're fine. . . people need to just accept some facts-- vance is a bad coach, and this isn't a super bowl team right now. . . this year was always going to be about letting VJ hang himself, so we can move on. . . we have talent on the roster, and we seem to have gotten our draft woes straightened out. . . if we can keep drafting the way we did this year, we are trending in the right direction. . . the next coaching hire is going to be absolutely critical-- we can't mess it up again. . . they NEED to bring in a staff that can develop a young quarterback properly, whether that QB is chad kelly or a draft pick. . . hire a promising young offensive mind like a sean mcvay, and bring in a salty vet DC. . . if we do that, we should be fine. . . apologies to the optimistic crowd, but this year is a throw-away at this point. . . i just want to see young guys playing, and growing in their roles. . .

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we're fine. . . people need to just accept some facts-- vance is a bad coach, and this isn't a super bowl team right now. . . this year was always going to be about letting VJ hang himself, so we can move on. . . we have talent on the roster, and we seem to have gotten our draft woes straightened out. . . if we can keep drafting the way we did this year, we are trending in the right direction. . . the next coaching hire is going to be absolutely critical-- we can't mess it up again. . . they NEED to bring in a staff that can develop a young quarterback properly, whether that QB is chad kelly or a draft pick. . . hire a promising young offensive mind like a sean mcvay, and bring in a salty vet DC. . . if we do that, we should be fine. . . apologies to the optimistic crowd, but this year is a throw-away at this point. . . i just want to see young guys playing, and growing in their roles. . .
    It was a throw away before the season even got started. Unless we have a deep run in the playoffs, all years are throwaways. That is the standard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

VJ is a bad coach? Why am I just now hearing this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I agree with all of this - with the exception of you classifying all of this as "fine". It's not fine. We basically need to lose games to ensure Vance is gone, because the worst case scenario is that we go like 8-8 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs (with zero hope) and VJ earns another year. It's a pretty miserable place to be at the beginning of the season as a fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm still more bothered by lindsay getting ejected in such weak fashion than I am to losing.

Also, and I really do hate to do it, but the officiating in that game was terrible. You gotta call what you gotta call, but a game so heavily influenced by penalties is just bad for everyone.
    Yeah, first week I started him in FF. Picked him last week. My team lost by 4 points.

Pisses me off

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I agree with all of this - with the exception of you classifying all of this as "fine". It's not fine. We basically need to lose games to ensure Vance is gone, because the worst case scenario is that we go like 8-8 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs (with zero hope) and VJ earns another year. It's a pretty miserable place to be at the beginning of the season as a fan.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say we don't make the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say we don't make the playoffs.
    I'm with you - but have you seen the AFC standings? We have a weak schedule, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. 8-8 might get in this year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information