Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1034

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Ravens 09/23/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm with you - but have you seen the AFC standings? We have a weak schedule, it isn't out of the realm of possibility. 8-8 might get in this year.
    Yeah, but I think it is out of the realm. I hear what you are saying, but my gut tells me this team implodes spectacularly after KC comes in and brands an arrowhead symbol on our collective asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I agree with all of this - with the exception of you classifying all of this as "fine". It's not fine. We basically need to lose games to ensure Vance is gone, because the worst case scenario is that we go like 8-8 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs (with zero hope) and VJ earns another year. It's a pretty miserable place to be at the beginning of the season as a fan.
    if VJ and keenum can up their respective games enough to get us over .500, then a re-evaluation is in order anyway. . . personally, i don't see it happening. . . i think we are who we thought we were, and no one is going to let us off the hook. . .

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if VJ and keenum can up their respective games enough to get us over .500, then a re-evaluation is in order anyway. . . personally, i don't see it happening. . . i think we are who we thought we were, and no one is going to let us off the hook. . .
    We have the Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Browns, Raiders and 49ers left on the schedule. I personally don't see it happening either - but we could theoretically win 6-7 more games and we absolutely should NOT reevaluate based on that. That's why this is not fine. I find myself wanting us to tank after week 3 - wtf is that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

We have the Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Browns, Raiders and 49ers left on the schedule. I personally don't see it happening either - but we could theoretically win 6-7 more games and we absolutely should NOT reevaluate based on that. That's why this is not fine. I find myself wanting us to tank after week 3 - wtf is that?
    I'm withholding judgment until after the KC game. I have no qualms with your judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i hear ya, for sure. . . i predicted 6-10 before the season started, and i am sticking with that for now. . . i can't see anything short of 9 wins saving VJ's ass, and i don't see us getting there. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm withholding judgment until after the KC game. I have no qualms with your judgment.
    I’ve seen you say this a couple times now, but what do you think the Kansas City game will show us if it’s a big loss? To me, that doesn’t mean much, because they appear to be the best team in the AFC, hands down, at the moment. I don’t think a loss like that tells us much. I also don’t think getting railroaded by a hot team is indicative of Denver being a bad team. I saw 6-10 to 9-7 range before the season and I don’t think a loss to KC expressly changes that feeling.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Of those teams, I honestly don't feel like any of them is a sure thing. We barely squeeked by the raiders at home, and next one will be in whatever landfill they are playing at these days.

Jets and Bengals are dangerous teams.

Cards and 49ers I feel we have the best shot against, but that still doesn't get us anywhere near a playoff spot.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Of those teams, I honestly don't feel like any of them is a sure thing. We barely squeeked by the raiders at home, and next one will be in whatever landfill they are playing at these days.

Jets and Bengals are dangerous teams.

Cards and 49ers I feel we have the best shot against, but that still doesn't get us anywhere near a playoff spot.
    Yeah, I'm not arguing we're a playoff team - I'm arguing that Vance Joseph is very obviously a bush league operator who has no business as a head coach, and the only outcome that will put this team on a different course is getting rid of him... and the only way to ensure we get rid of him is to lose football games... And that ******* sucks as a fan sitting here in Week 3.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yeah, I'm not arguing we're a playoff team - I'm arguing that Vance Joseph is very obviously a bush league operator who has no business as a head coach, and the only outcome that will put this team on a different course is getting rid of him... and the only way to ensure we get rid of him is to lose football games... And that ******* sucks as a fan sitting here in Week 3.
    I hear that. It's not an optimistic outlook. Unless your optimism is for letting the cancer get bigger so that you can effectively excise it.

In that sense, I am optimistic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think, ultimately, I’m with Buff here. If you manage to squeeze into the playoffs at 9-7 because you played a weak NFC West (outside of the Rams), and a possibly weak AFC North, does that give Elway incentive to keep around a coach who (and albeit it’s only with cameras shoved into his face that we get to see it) seems relatively clueless.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’ve seen you say this a couple times now, but what do you think the Kansas City game will show us if it’s a big loss? To me, that doesn’t mean much, because they appear to be the best team in the AFC, hands down, at the moment. I don’t think a loss like that tells us much. I also don’t think getting railroaded by a hot team is indicative of Denver being a bad team. I saw 6-10 to 9-7 range before the season and I don’t think a loss to KC expressly changes that feeling.
    Big ugly loss tells me VJ isn't the guy--can't scheme, prep, and keep the team's confidence and fighting spirit. That would be in line with the evidence from 2017. Close game or a win tells me he's improving and the team is still willing to fight for him, so he gets more benefit of the doubt. Considering his short leash, this is VJ's September Superbowl, his first genuine litmus test. Every game matters the same to a certain extent, but we know this one means more. KC is in our way for a division championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Big ugly loss tells me VJ isn't the guy--can't scheme, prep, and keep the team's confidence and fighting spirit. That would be in line with the evidence from 2017. Close game or a win tells me he's improving and the team is still willing to fight for him, so he gets more benefit of the doubt. Considering his short leash, this is VJ's September Superbowl, his first genuine litmus test. Every game matters the same to a certain extent, but we know this one means more. KC is in our way for a division championship.
    I have to disagree. An ugly loss to a team that by most measures looks like the best in the conference, doesn’t say much about how well Joseph can scheme (and frankly, I don’t think he schemes much at all, I think he lets his coordinators do most of that). I think we can learn more into his quote from last week about letting Woods play corners off instead of up in press and him not saying anything to adjust if he thought that was the problem ... only to see the same thing happen again yesterday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Denver aint finishing 8-8 or better. Lmao

People are just in denial here if they actually believe that nonsense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I expect after next week we’ll start to see a few ‘tank the season’ crowd trickle in. LoL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I expect after next week we’ll start to see a few ‘tank the season’ crowd trickle in. LoL.
    I dont think anyone will have to even say it, the team will just do it Nike style. Lmao

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information