Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who got better deal?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ryan fitzpatrick. . .

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    It's always about playoff wins. If Kirk never wins a playoff game in a Viking uniform, ultimately that is what fans will remember about him for. Meanwhile, Case could play like crap and win a Super Bowl, and he'd always be a hero in Denver with Elway as the genius who signed him.
    This is more than just true. It's key. The BIGGEST factor in analyzing QBs for the Hall of Fame is championships. Some voters held it against Elway that "he never won the big one" until he finally did, and even Dan Marino had people argue against him for that reason.

If Kirk Cousins never wins a playoff game for the Vikings, then he's Andy Dalton. And the fans will never forgive him. He'll be regarded as a bust in Minnesota.

4. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Dont worry, Kirk will get some playoff wins because he is on a better squad now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There are some interesting parallels with Keenum and Plummer. Both players ended the prior season in the conference championship with 3 or more turnovers and then started the next season with 3 or more turnovers. And then of course Jake ended up playing not that great the following season until he got benched for a younger QB. Think history will repeat itself? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Dont worry, Kirk will get some playoff wins because he is on a better squad now.
    That roster is stacked, and it matters for QB's. Look at how Bradford is doing now versus how he was in Minnesota.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    There are some interesting parallels with Keenum and Plummer. Both players ended the prior season in the conference championship with 3 or more turnovers and then started the next season with 3 or more turnovers. And then of course Jake ended up playing not that great the following season until he got benched for a younger QB. Think history will repeat itself? lol
    Both similar. The big thing that people forget with Jake is that he also lost his biggest advocate in Kubes. Heimerdinger came in and stripped all the move and boot where plummer excelled. They essentially set him up to fail so they could start their shiny new toy

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I never bought into that because the bootleg had been used for quite a few years with success but started to not work as much anymore. I knew this when the last time Jake tried to bootleg on the Chiefs they didnt fall for it. While Kubes is a way better coordinator than Dinger i was just never sold on this idea that a vet QB all of a sudden sucked because coordinators changed. Guys like Brady, Elway, etc have had different coordinators during their time and still played at a high level. Jake was just a middle of the pack QB who didnt like to put extra work in like other QB's. While i think Jake enjoyed playing i think he only wanted to just show up on gameday and not much else.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ryan fitzpatrick. . .

You got it wrong.....it's Fitzmagic.

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information