Thread: Terrell Davis: Lindsay can break my rushing record

Default Terrell Davis: Lindsay can break my rushing record

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...rushing-record

"I'm excited about watching his journey and seeing how this thing all plays out. I already envision in my mind there will be a day where it's probably six, seven, eight years from now that I'm meeting him on the field because the torch is being passed because he's breaking my rushing yards record."
    I really need to buy a Lindsay jersey...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Maybe, but he really wont get that chance as the league really isnt designed for those kinds of backs anymore.

I don’t see him being a 20-25 carry a game kind of guy, not if they want him to remain explosive. He’s not big enough to take that kind of punishment.

10-15 carries and 1-5 catches is perfect.

And why the freak isn’t this guy fielding punts?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

PAC Man is just who we need back there. The adult in the room.

6. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t see him being a 20-25 carry a game kind of guy, not if they want him to remain explosive. He’s not big enough to take that kind of punishment.

Why would you put him out there on punts and potentially take away from his carries?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Why would you put him out there on punts and potentially take away from his carries?
    Because he’s probably the most dangerous guy we have in the open field, and he’s also one of the fastest. That’s the ideal combination for punt returns.

He would be a threat to take it to the house every time. I would be totally fine with him losing a few carries per game.

It’s the same reason guys like Darren Sproles get used for it, although not much anymore because Darren isn’t a spring chicken anymore.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 09-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Just found this article & was about to start a thread on in. I like that they're showing every play that he's touch the ball so far this season.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't think he'll break T.D.'s rushing record because I don't think his body would be able take kind of punishment without breaking down.

I believe it was mentioned during camp that the same person would not be handling both kick and punt return duties. Add both kick and punt return duties that could easily put him in 23-25 touches per games.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't think he'll break T.D.'s rushing record because I don't think his body would be able take kind of punishment without breaking down.

I believe it was mentioned during camp that the same person would not be handling both kick and punt return duties. Add both kick and punt return duties that could easily put him in 23-25 touches per games.
    He shouldn’t be returning kicks.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He shouldn’t be returning kicks.
    Then he shouldn't be returning punts either.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Then he shouldn't be returning punts either.
    I don’t agree. I think there’s a greater opportunity for big plays on punt returns and greater risk for injury on kick returns, but that’s just my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don’t agree. I think there’s a greater opportunity for big plays on punt returns and greater risk for injury on kick returns, but that’s just my opinion.
    I don't think there is any real proof of great risk of injury on kick returns verses punt returns and besides sides that, kick returns like punt returns no one start moving until ball is kicked.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information