Page 69 of 90 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1345

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers Thread (Maximum Dodgerness)

Catcher Russell Martin of the Blue Jays will be going back to the Dodgers.

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Thank you. Reports like this need to be shared. Even though we shouldn’t have to shame these organizations into doing the right thing. People will look and cherry pick these stories to find an excuse. The truth is, sexual assault should always be reported. We have to start doing right by each other.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

https://www.mlb.com/news/don-newcomb...92/c-304163214

Don Newcombe, one of the greatest pitchers in Dodgers history and one of the franchise's final links to Brooklyn and the days of Jackie Robinson and Roy Campanella, died Tuesday after a lengthy illness. He was 92.

Newcombe was Major League Baseball's first Cy Young Award winner, earning the award in its inaugural season, when it encompassed both leagues, in 1956. He was also the National League's Most Valuable Player that year, the NL Rookie of the Year in 1949 and a four-time All-Star.

"Don Newcombe's presence and life established him as a role model for Major Leaguers across the country," Dodgers president Stan Kasten said. "He was a constant presence at Dodger Stadium, and players always gravitated to him for his endless advice and leadership. The Dodgers meant everything to him, and we are all fortunate he was a part of our lives."

Rest in Peace, good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Our manager is in Vegas with Harper during Spring Training.

I still don’t think we are ready to do a 10 year deal like the Phillies are.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Our manager is in Vegas with Harper during Spring Training.

I still don’t think we are ready to do a 10 year deal like the Phillies are.
    I still wouldn't be shocked to see the Rangers sneak in and get him.

Get that Harper!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Get that Harper!
    That will push them WAY over the luxury tax they've been trying to avoid. I think it's a ploy by Boras to drive up prices.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That will push them WAY over the luxury tax they've been trying to avoid. I think it's a ploy by Boras to drive up prices.
    So, short term, I think it's worth it. Long term, maybe not, but Harper is 26. To me, it's not like the signing means we're even going to get back to the world series. But Harper's a pretty great player. I would honestly not mind if L.A. turned towards bolstering the bullpen and backend of the rotation. We blew leads. God we blew leads. But right now we've in the position where other NL teams are catching up to us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Forgot they were trying to avoid the tax. Phillies still seem to make the most sense.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Forgot they were trying to avoid the tax. Phillies still seem to make the most sense.
    But I read that Rangers execs and Joey Gallo (Las Vegas kid) were out there as well to met with him. Just didn't get the press that the Dodgers got. I would think Philly is the leader as well...but Texas wouldn't shock me at all.

https://www.mlb.com/news/clayton-ker...in-by-shoulder

There was report I glossed over that I can't find now (might have been from MLB) that there's serious concern about Kershaw's shoulder in the organization.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But I read that Rangers execs and Joey Gallo (Las Vegas kid) were out there as well to met with him. Just didn't get the press that the Dodgers got. I would think Philly is the leader as well...but Texas wouldn't shock me at all.
    That’d be a lot of dingers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	92B1E88F-1217-490E-B787-7E37A35C7A48.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	13933

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information