Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers Thread (Maximum Dodgerness)

Only 2 more hours til game time.

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It would be a fine series.
    **** the Cardinals. I’d rather the Rockies make it than those dirty red ********. I hope they relocate, but not to LA. We full, fam.

4. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    **** the Cardinals. I’d rather the Rockies make it than those dirty red ********. I hope they relocate, but not to LA. We full, fam.
    Of course you hate the Cardinals, you're a Reds fan.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I love watching this team. This year has been the most baseball I’ve watched in years. I thoroughly enjoy listening to Davis, Hershiser, Rizzo, Nomar, etc. They’re a good broadcast team. I can’t wait for next year when the team comes to Cincy on my birthday.

I hate all Cardinals. Our school rival growing up were the Cardinals.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i was taught to play baseball by ozzie smith coming to my school.

Cards forever

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wonder if I could actually delude myself into thinking I love some arbitrarily chosen team after I spent most of my life rooting for a different team?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I wonder if I could actually delude myself into thinking I love some arbitrarily chosen team after I spent most of my life rooting for a different team?
    We do that the first time around - we are arbitrarily somewhere geographically at birth, and we often take those teams.

Chaz, put down the sword. Reason isn't on your side. Be my brother in Dodger Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i was taught to play baseball by ozzie smith coming to my school.

Cards forever
    You were screaming Go Rams until you weren't. The fact that it took another great force to cement it is sort of my point.

It always delves into the personal though - but y'all loved me when I picked up the Broncos Mantle.

This isn't the place for that negativity - it's a baseball thread. Let's stay on topic. Let's respect this thread and honor the rules like we would and should anywhere else.

I am concerned about our closer.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

We do that the first time around - we are arbitrarily somewhere geographically at birth, and we often take those teams.

Chaz, put down the sword. Reason isn't on your side. Be my brother in Dodger Blue.
    I guess you missed the part of my post in which I wrote "after I spent most of my life rooting for a different team".

I would consider your fandom legitimate if you were an immigrant and had never watched baseball before and choose the Dodgers after falling for the sport, but that's not the case.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Only 2 more hours til game time.
    It's a big one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It's a big one.
    No it's not. The division race is over.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I guess you missed the part of my post in which I wrote "after I spent most of my life rooting for a different team".

I would consider your fandom legitimate if you were an immigrant and had never watched baseball before and choose the Dodgers after falling for the sport, but that's not the case.
    But you can't really speak to my fandom because you don't know me. I stopped caring about baseball. I stopped caring about Ohio, and Cincinnati, where I was born. I have no real ties to the place. The geographic tie, which you spoke to earlier, is dead. And I hate that state. What should I have done? I could have gone the pure historic route and gone for the Yankees. That would have been mocked. I could have gone for the Nationals, who looked strong t the time, and the same claim would have been made. I could have gone for the Astros, but I'm not a big Texas guy. So I should have done what? Picked a horrible team just for the sake of it? Why would I do that? I picked the Dodgers and I watch their games religiously. I buy their gear. I mean I was three hours from Chicago, I could have been a Cubs fan, right? No, I don't like Chicago.

I could have been a White Sox fan, but that franchise doesn't even try to contend - they're treating it as a total business and don't try. So a team with a great history, which I immerse myself in, catches my eye and I root for them avidly. But it's the winning, right? Because my Huskers and Bruins are dominating college sports right now. If it was solely about winning, I would still be a Kentucky Wildcats fan, right?

If you don't want to contribute to the thread and not shit on it you can just stay out of it. You know under the same basic rules that this board operates under. It's not a smack forum or subforum.

No it's not. The division race is over.
    If you guys win you're a game away with what, ten or eleven left?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

But you can't really speak to my fandom because you don't know me. I stopped caring about baseball. I stopped caring about Ohio, and Cincinnati, where I was born. I have no real ties to the place. The geographic tie, which you spoke to earlier, is dead. And I hate that state. What should I have done? I could have gone the pure historic route and gone for the Yankees. That would have been mocked. I could have gone for the Nationals, who looked strong t the time, and the same claim would have been made. I could have gone for the Astros, but I'm not a big Texas guy. So I should have done what? Picked a horrible team just for the sake of it? Why would I do that? I picked the Dodgers and I watch their games religiously. I buy their gear. I mean I was three hours from Chicago, I could have been a Cubs fan, right? No, I don't like Chicago.

I could have been a White Sox fan, but that franchise doesn't even try to contend - they're treating it as a total business and don't try. So a team with a great history, which I immerse myself in, catches my eye and I root for them avidly. But it's the winning, right? Because my Huskers and Bruins are dominating college sports right now. If it was solely about winning, I would still be a Kentucky Wildcats fan, right?

If you don't want to contribute to the thread and not shit on it you can just stay out of it. You know under the same basic rules that this board operates under. It's not a smack forum or subforum.
    **** this thread!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information