Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers Thread (Maximum Dodgerness)

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think I might start rooting for a different team. After the season I'll look at payroll and recent success and come to a decision.
    Enjoy being a Yankees or a Red Sox fan. I would recommend finding a team that you like to watch. Don't be shy to pick a team that hasn't won a World Series since the 80's, either. Actually, the Dodgers are fun to watch, they play a good brand of baseball, and even though they're not even recent WS champions, they're pretty sweet! Yeah, they have a nice payroll, but if you become a fan of us you'll find they spend a lot of money on facilities, scouting, etc. It's not just on payroll, and we pay most of our money to our home grown players.

Actually, this sounds like the perfect team for you. Chaz, welcome aboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Oh and I'll be sure to post about my decision on a football MB with the greatest probability of having fans from a division rival of the team I ultimately pick.
    I would recommend doing this on a MB that you have long standing ties with, but in the appropriate forum, such as the baseball subforum.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Right now I'm leaning toward the Astros.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I mean if you're gonna bandwagon it, might as well go all the way.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Right now I'm leaning toward the Astros.
    They have a lot of bandwagon fans because of the recent win, and as a franchise they are coming into some money with a rumored large scale tv deal. You'd probably like them because of Texas, though. I would urge you to remain a fan of your current team if you still have ties to them, geographically that is. This is especially true if you've remained a fan of the sport. But, if not, and if you hadn't followed the team for several years, and you find a team that you like to watch, go with them. Don't worry though, most people won't judge someone for rooting for a team, regardless of the reason.

I mean if you're gonna bandwagon it, might as well go all the way.
    After about the third year of rooting for a team, that 'fear' goes away. Pick with great joy, Chaz. I hope you find some joy. I would recommend the Dodgers, though. They draft really well, they develop players well, they are fun to watch, and they have some of the best history in the sport. Tell you what, send me your address and jersey size and I'll send you a Jackie Robinson jersey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll be sure not to gloat or talk shit though. At least not until I've rooted for that team for at least 5 seasons, I'm not a dick after all.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I'll be sure not to gloat or talk shit though. At least not until I've rooted for that team for at least 5 seasons, I'm not a dick after all.
    When you become a Dodgers fan, I hope that people let you root for your team and don't hassle you. I also hope that if you do express any joy in being a Dodgers fan (or whomever) you choose, it's not blown up out of proportion.

Chaz, you'd look great in a Jackie Robinson jersey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

To ensure that, I won't talk shit on an oposing fans MB, I also won't act like a little bitch when I'm rightly called out when posting on said oposing fans MB.

I love Jackie Robinson, I love what the Brooklyn franchise did by bringing him in.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

To ensure that, I won't talk shit on an oposing fans MB, I also won't act like a little bitch when I'm rightly called out when posting on said oposing fans MB.

I love Jackie Robinson, I love what the Brooklyn franchise did by bringing him in.
    Well, unfortunately you've mistaken some words there. The subforum would be for all teams in baseball as it's a subforum of a message board about football. It wouldn't be, of course, a dedicated baseball forum. That conflation is an easy fix, though. Furthermore, if you do become a Dodgers fan, or any other fan, and you should start your thread that you would want in regards to having a non-trolled thread/s, feel free to do so.

I'm glad you love one of the Dodgers greatest players. All the more reason to start rooting for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Well, unfortunately you've mistaken some words there. The subforum would be for all teams in baseball as it's a subforum of a message board about football. It wouldn't be, of course, a dedicated baseball forum. That conflation is an easy fix, though. Furthermore, if you do become a Dodgers fan, or any other fan, and you should start your thread that you would want in regards to having a non-trolled thread/s, feel free to do so.

I'm glad you love one of the Dodgers greatest players. All the more reason to start rooting for us.
    Yes I misspoke, I meant to say "thread" instead of MB. As in a thread that is dedicated to a particular team
    Although I'd also contend that most fans are loyal to teams of particular geographical areas so it is very safe to assume which particular MLB team a group of particular NFL fans are prone to root for.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i hope the dodgers play the cardinals again in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is back on the roster.

Yes I misspoke, I meant to say "thread" instead of MB. As in a thread that is dedicated to a particular team
    Although I'd also contend that most fans are loyal to teams of particular geographical areas so it is very safe to assume which particular MLB team a group of particular NFL fans are prone to root for.
    There are a lot of people who do go purely geographic - however lots of fans have a variety of teams they root for. Or, they are transplant fans. I fell out of love with my geographic roots both in regards to my home state of Ohio, and I never really picked up a calling for Illinois teams. Albeit the Blackhawks, who I will get to see soon. Most of my teams are 'out West'. Denver, LA, etc. If you want a new team, in all seriousness, go get you one, Chaz. Enjoy the game.

I'm not kidding when I say you'd love being a Dodgers fan, though. You'd love the history. You'd love watching your team sign and keep not just one or two big players, but all the nice role players, too. you'd love the exceptional drafting and scouting. I think the Rockies are a good drafting team, though. Honestly, your 'spirit' lends itself to being an A's fan in that they draft great, make prudent choices, don't have that big budget that I think you hate (do you, or that just a jab, so to speak) and they play a good brand of ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i hope the dodgers play the cardinals again in the playoffs.

Matt Adams is back on the roster.

It would be a fine series.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information