Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers Thread (Maximum Dodgerness)

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Please. Grow a pair.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Please. Grow a pair.
    Mine dangle gloriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

The bleeding...make it stop.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

So this is a positive only Dodgers thread? Because what Joe posted wasn't trolling, wasn't off topic, but the response was ridiculous. They're in a series with the brewers. If you wanted a positive only, kiss the Dodgers ass thread, you should have stated that in the thread title. I've monitored as I said I would, but that wasn't trolling and the response was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    So this is a positive only Dodgers thread? Because what Joe posted wasn't trolling, wasn't off topic, but the response was ridiculous. They're in a series with the brewers. If you wanted a positive only, kiss the Dodgers ass thread, you should have stated that in the thread title. I've monitored as I said I would, but that wasn't trolling and the response was in the wrong.
    If I would have posted anything about the Dodgers in the Rockies thread I would have considered it trolling. Especially during a series between the two. Hell, I made a couple innocent posts in the Rockies thread and my mere presence was mistaken for trolling.

Joe is being an ass. He doesn’t give a shit about baseball. He could have easily posted Dodgers/Brewers related topics in the MLB thread. He put a post in here that spells out Fu ck the Dodgers. If you think he’s trying to do anything but troll in this thread you’re being a bit naive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    If I would have posted anything about the Dodgers in the Rockies thread I would have considered it trolling. Especially during a series between the two. Hell, I made a couple innocent posts in the Rockies thread and my mere presence was mistaken for trolling.

Joe is being an ass. He doesn’t give a shit about baseball. He could have easily posted Dodgers/Brewers related topics in the MLB thread. He put a post in here that spells out Fu ck the Dodgers. If you think he’s trying to do anything but troll in this thread you’re being a bit naive.
    I care about baseball once the season is nearing an end, and the playoffs. While I will admit that post was a bit trollish, it is sad that the two of you can't handle a little ribbing. I thought we were all adults here. Besides, this was the only active MLB thread when I logged in.

If you want a private conversation, then take it to PM. This thread is on a public message board, and I'll post in any thread I wish to.

Neither of you are innocent either, when it comes to trolling other subjects BTW.

The response was essentially what the poster who made the comment eliciting it wanted.

Pretty sure posters have been dinged for less - the Avs thread also says "Avs/NHL Thread," but serves as exclusively as an Avs thread now. Literally even asked that question a few days ago.

If that's the standard then, then sure. So, just so I understand, were the situation reversed and the Rockies were getting beaten like we were last night, I would be within my rights to go "Go (insert team playing them)," right? And then I would be free to celebrate during that time, right? So where's that line? Are we allowed to wish injury on players, like another poser did? Are we allowed to talk about the lack of success of a franchise? Are we allowed to talk smack about the team's franchises? Are we allowed to make comments about how a franchise can earn/can't earn money?

Note that the answers to those questions are pretty slanted in the sense that those questions come from only one fanbase. And note that after oh, IDK, six months and the mods getting involved you're still taking shots at the posters who don', oh IDK, saunter into other fans threads and cause a ruckus...or at least havent' done so in months.

Oh, and if you really want a response to what the offense was, if we're really getting down to brass tacks, baiting would arguably be one. Feels like I got into more trouble trying to abide by forum rules than that. Sweet.

Or, parsing the words differently: Could WTE go into the Broncos thread/forum and run down the Broncos? No, you would say go to the smack forum. Well, we don't have one of those - that's not the fault of Dodger fans. If the Colorado fans feel so vehement in their desire of this, the board has a democratic functionary process to get subforums created.

The truth is that we've already been over this. Dan and I aren't the bad guys, and we won't capitulate as such.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I guess I didn't fully realize how weak some people's backbones are. I will not post in this thread again, except to respond to further commentary that involves me. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feewings.

As a departing statement, I will just say WTF did you expect starting a thread supporting a team in the same division as the Rockies, who most here support? Why not go to an actual MLB forum, or at least a Dodger forum? I really thought you were a stronger/emotionally stable person than this.

I guess I didn't fully realize how weak some people's backbones are. I will not post in this thread again, except to respond to further commentary that involves me. I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feewings.

As a departing statement, I will just say WTF did you expect starting a thread supporting a team in the same division as the Rockies, who most here support? Why not go to an actual MLB forum, or at least a Dodger forum? I really thought you were a stronger/emotionally stable person than this.
    If asking for the same rules enforced against me to be enforced universally is a frustration for you, I am sorry. I'm sorry that you are so frustrated. You will rise above this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You will rise above this.
    I just wish you would.

You guys are on a sports message board, I mean you realize that right? Sports are 2 teams going against each other to win. You're not going to get a thread where barbs aren't thrown back and forth. If that's what you want, put positive only or name it kiss the Dodgers ass. Otherwise you'll get comments from others about the team they're going against in a series on a run to the world series.
    Last edited by GEM; 10-20-2018 at 11:49 AM.

You guys are on a sports message board, I mean you realize that right? Sports are 2 teams going against each other too win. You're not going to get a thread where barbs aren't thrown back and forth. If that's what you want, put positive only or name it kiss the Dodgers ass. Otherwise you'll get comments from others about the team they're going against in a series on a run type the world series.
    1. He admitted it was a troll. That was obvious.

2. The rules don't allow for that. It's not a smack thread, there's no smack forum. We got bitched at for even venturing into the Rockies thread earlier. We stopped. Because we don't think we're special - the rules apply to everyone.

3. You didn't answer my question and that's because you can't - if WTE made a Patriots thread in a non-smack forum and it was just about the Patriots, and people came in and trolled it (as has been evidenced by multiple Rox fans) and he reported it, the rules dictate that those posts be deleted. I have read countless times "take it to the smack forum, boys." If you don't want to enforce the rules evenly then that's fine, but please don't think I'm blind to what the rules actually are.

4. The response is "well you're dodger fans," okay great, so the majority of fans being Rox means that the rules don't apply to them? Does that work in P and R? Does that mean that Denver fans could go (going back to point 3.) enter any thread of another team and just troll it? Or do the rules apply to everyone?

5. It's pretty sad that just asking for the rules to be enforced is now this massive big deal when in the past I was chided for just the opposite. Only ONE party is trying to have it both ways, and it's not us evil Dodger fans...who literally been trolled for two years running now. The logic dictates that I'm right - everyone knows it. I've laid out the arguments: it's conclusive if people want to be honest. I can't make the rules be enforced, but we won't capitulate. I guess it's just not fair to people when a side who is abiding by the rules and asking others to do the same doesn't roll over and die?

And that's a very honest representation of this entire process.

I just wish you would.
    We're both "law and order," guys - following the rules isn't that hard, Joe. I'm sorry that you're frustrated by this. But the rules exist for a reason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We're both "law and order," guys - following the rules isn't that hard, Joe. I'm sorry that you're frustrated by this. But the rules exist for a reason.
    This whole thread is trolling.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information