Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else growing concerned about Chubb?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not really, its only been a couple of games.

Being the 5th pick in the draft gives us high expectations. He’ll never be Von Miller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I wouldn't say concerned, but I had a thought yesterday that I wonder if he'd be quicker if he was like 10 lbs lighter. Shane Ray, Von Miller and Shaq Barrett all weigh ~250 lbs - Chubb is 270.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Good grief.
    this guy cries more than joel. . .

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I wouldn't say concerned, but I had a thought yesterday that I wonder if he'd be quicker if he was like 10 lbs lighter. Shane Ray, Von Miller and Shaq Barrett all weigh ~250 lbs - Chubb is 270.
    Would that make him worse against the run? Denver needs one of the defensive ends to set the edge, and I’m not sure Ray and Barrett are very good at that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also, it’s week 2 of his rookie season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Would that make him worse against the run? Denver needs one of the defensive ends to set the edge, and I’m not sure Ray and Barrett are very good at that.

Yeah lets just demarcus walker or robert ayers his ass. Sheesh. He is the strong side linebacker snd needs to be ablt to bold up against linemen and tight ends

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Let’s not forget that most of the time, he lines up vs the opposing LT. Von gets to line up vs the “inferior” RT most plays. At Seattle, Chubb lined up against pro bowler Duane Brown most of the game. Von got a scrub RT to feast on. Vs the Raiduhs other than Von’s 2 sacks (one called back on a penalty), the defense really got no pressure because of the dink and dunk passing game and complete lack by Woods to play press with our DBs (lined up 10+ yds off the ball) to give the pass rush some help.

Also, Von and Chubb will be better if we can play with the lead. We led for 6 whole seconds yesterday. Chubb has already shown he’s better vs the run than Ray or Barrett.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

11. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

The Oakland offense is designed to wear front seven players out by getting them to run sideline to sideline. If your offense can’t get more than one first down in a half you are usually going to be screwed because your d will get gassed. I honestly thought our D was looking dominant in the first quarter.

Did anyone notice we only had the scrum rush going in the first quarter? That’s because our guys were freaking exhausted and we had to start sitting Miller and Chubb for an entire series at a time. We had to rotate our OLB’s after the first quarter. I really hope going forward we are quicker to make adjustments on the fly and give Keenum the option to audible to PAP against 8 man fronts. Waiting an entire half of football is stupid.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 09-17-2018 at 02:00 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

No. His first game he had half a sack and graded out well in the run game. Yesterday he had issues. If he wasn't out there playing with a high motor, then I would be concerned. I am predisposed to liking the guy so I have my bias. However, I had Sunday Ticket going yesterday and between four games going at once I saw a lot of sketchy LB play. Especially in coverage.

Does it excuse the **** up? No. But, let's also be clear, had that FB caught the ball Chubb is enough of an athlete to contest that play. Does that mean he would have come up with the stop? Nope, but he very well could have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Chubb has already shown he’s better vs the run than Ray or Barrett.
    When did this happen? I must have missed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Von's rookie year, it took a blowout loss by the hands of Aaron Rodgers for him to really find his groove. After that week 4 game, he really started to take off. Very similar set of circumstances too, because Von had Elvis Dumervil on the other side of him at the time. I expect for everything to come together for Chubb soon.

17. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

When did this happen? I must have missed it.
    He graded our really well against the run the first week. He had short stops and a tfl. I don’t know how yesterday graded out yet. Of course saying he’s better against the run than Shane Ray isn’t saying much.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

He had 6 pressures and a half sack in his first NFL game. Scrub.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He had 6 pressures and a half sack in his first NFL game. Scrub.
    Lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information