Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else growing concerned about Chubb?

I believe Rosen is a fine prospect. This my point.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    He has been good but not great. I'm also getting the feeling that a bunch of great players are not even being good on this team. Maybe more than talent is the issue? Maybe even the greats Chubb was supposed to learn under are not being so great. Coaching, anyone? Leadership and motivation? I know I'm not positive on this issue but I know that it's been a year and a half I've been living in the same replay and with the same empty quotes from VJ and Broncos leadership. Chubb may not be what he has been touted to be but maybe this year (and this coaching staff) isn't the year to determine that? When all hell and implosion is happening again, how can we properly judge any of the players that are Broncos?
    no doubt. . .chubb is a college down lineman being asked not only to adjust to the speed of the NFL, but also to learn a new position at the same time. . . on a team that doesn't employ a full-time outside linebackers coach. . . seriously, how many guys is reggie herring responsible for now? we have like 10 or 11 LBs on the roster, mostly inexperienced guys. . . how much one-on-one coaching is chubb even getting? do they have him working with kollar as well, like von is? it's cool that they brought back demarcus as a consultant, but i wish we had a permanent, every day guy there also. . . certainly couldn't hurt chubb's development. . .

most people these days have about as much patience as a five-year-old waiting while his mom tries on shoes. . .

3. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I blacked out - I just assume I'm right, you're wrong, I won, you lost, and that everyone appreciates margarine.

To your and Dog's point, we might be irked at having Rosen and go "well maybe with a veteran the offense is better and the defense blah blah blah."

So I get it. I just fear that we do need a real rebuild, and if so then we literally kicked the can down the road when we had real options, a plethora of them. In that case, no pass rusher is really worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

so, are people ready to calm down about chubb after he had three sacks yesterday?

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

He got two sacks against an elite LT. He's not going to give you twenty sacks like God-tier Ware/Watt. But he's going to give you a lot of twelve sack seasons while brutalizing the run.

Cherish him.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Chubb suuuuuucks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Rosen fell to 10th in the draft. At that point anybody in the NFL could have moved up to draft him. The Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens, the Giants, just to name teams that either were expected to draft a first round QB or did do so.

Teams weren't that sure of him so they passed. And drafted Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta instead.

Nobody is going to know about these QBs for a couple of years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Rosen fell to 10th in the draft. At that point anybody in the NFL could have moved up to draft him. The Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens, the Giants, just to name teams that either were expected to draft a first round QB or did do so.

Teams weren't that sure of him so they passed. And drafted Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta instead.

Nobody is going to know about these QBs for a couple of years.
    So your contention is Rosen isn’t good because four teams with established, top-half-of-the-league QBs didn’t trade up to get him?

That seems like poor logic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So your contention is Rosen isn’t good because four teams with established, top-half-of-the-league QBs didn’t trade up to get him?

That seems like poor logic.
    If he stays healthy, he should have a solid career. If he stays healthy and if that was a gaurantee, I would have loved for the Broncos to have drafted him. However, that is not just a small concern with him.

He was a tennis prodigy until a shoulder injury. That is TENNIS.

He was not exactly healthy at UCLA either. We are to believe he is going to remain healthy in the NFL? I am personally working under the assumption that injuries are going to be an issue with him. Then again this league has really made it impossible for QBs to get injured.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I told y’all that Chubb was legit. Smdh
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I told y’all that Chubb was legit. Smdh
    You are the board's best football savant, and it's not even close.

I love you.

But I will still beat your ass if you get out of line. You need some discipline.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You are the board's best football savant, and it's not even close.

I love you.

But I will still beat your ass if you get out of line. You need some discipline.
    I love you too, sizzle-chest.

Btw ... Parastiff is galactically overrated, change my mind.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I love you too, sizzle-chest.

Btw ... Parastiff is galactically overrated, change my mind.
    He plays well with bad players around him. If you don't like that avenue of discussion, here's another one.

He's not known by many media members, even this board barely talks about him, and he's at least an above average player. It's hard for him to be overrated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He plays well with bad players around him. If you don't like that avenue of discussion, here's another one.

He's not known by many media members, even this board barely talks about him, and he's at least an above average player. It's hard for him to be overrated.
    Ok, he’s galactically overrated by people who talk about him, change my mind.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Ok, he’s galactically overrated by people who talk about him, change my mind.
    Well, by just about any metric he grades out well. And, to be honest, those who are detractors on Paradis haven't really produced anything to the contrary. There aren't ten centers better than he - probably not five.

There's a certain point where if almost everyone and every metric says one thing, and there's nothing much on the other side, then what do you do?

He's a really good player.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information