Thread: Denver’s own Phillip Lindsay runs to NFL rookie record with Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Denver’s own Phillip Lindsay runs to NFL rookie record with Broncos

Native son Phillip Lindsay, the Broncos’ backup running back who is quick to thank his teammates and “Mr.” John Elway at every opportunity, etched his name in NFL history Sunday by gaining 107 yards rushing in the 20-19 victory over the Raiders.

It was a proud day for the Denver native who is living a fairy tale two games into his NFL career.

Lindsay became the league’s first undrafted rookie to produce at least 100 yards from scrimmage in each of his first two games. He had a team-tying-high 71 yards rushing plus 31 yards receiving in Denver’s Week 1 victory over Seattle.

“Just playing football,” Lindsay, who also caught a pass for a 4-yard gain Sunday, said after being told of his record. “Just playing football for my team. It’s just a great opportunity to be here. I can’t thank (general manager) Mr. Elway enough for letting me be a part of this organization.”
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/1...de=WebAccessSP

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Love this guy. Keep it up Phillip!

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

He's been the best RB. Freeman has his uses but Lindsey has been the better player at RB so far.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    He's been the best RB. Freeman has his uses but Lindsey has been the better player at RB so far.
    I think after letting the Lindsay cat out of the bag, Freeman is the new 'secret weapon'. Lindsay is awesome but he will be scouted and checked. He will still be awesome after that but Freeman is no slouch. He has so many TDs and yards under his belt, the only reason he won't see a thousand yards is if Lindsay keeps being a super star. and proves to be impossible to account for. Freeman will make his impact, otherwise. It's great to have this debate! I am giddy on our backfield!

7. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

We knew he was good in the preseason, but I figured he would only get a few touches and hopefully pull off a nice play or two per game. Instead he's become essentially the number one back and looks incredibly hard to stop. Tremendous job by him so far.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default An oral history of unlikely Broncos running back Phillip Lindsay. “He’s not scared of anybody.”

The hometown kid actually made it.

Phillip Lindsay’s dream began long ago while tossing a football with his siblings on the blacktop of their Denver neighborhood. Maybe you were in the bleachers when he became a South High School legend. Maybe you watched him carry the rock over and over and over again as a Buffalo to revive a sleeping college football program. Or maybe you just decided to pick him up for your NFL fantasy league.

Any way you slice it, Lindsay’s prominent role as a Broncos’ running back, pass catcher and do-it-all special teamer reminds us why we love sports. A torn ACL. No NFL Scouting Combine invite. Then a draft snub. Lindsay defied expectations at every turn, and on the second touch of his NFL debut last Sunday, he ran into the same end zone he envisioned so many times as a kid. The type of script made for the Hollywood screen.

Appreciate his improbable journey with an oral history of Phillip Lindsay’s rise to the Broncos.
    rest - plus videos - long, but worth it - The hometown kid actually made it. https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/1...n-kid-broncos/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

he is 3rd in NFL rb yards

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    I think after letting the Lindsay cat out of the bag, Freeman is the new 'secret weapon'. Lindsay is awesome but he will be scouted and checked. He will still be awesome after that but Freeman is no slouch. He has so many TDs and yards under his belt, the only reason he won't see a thousand yards is if Lindsay keeps being a super star. and proves to be impossible to account for. Freeman will make his impact, otherwise. It's great to have this debate! I am giddy on our backfield!
    Freeman is the bigger back but Lindsey is better at yards after contact and is the one who seems to fall forward. I like Freeman, but Lindsay so far has been better in every way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i hope broncos go 5 wide and throw a screen to lindsay next game instead of screens to DT

he is kinda slow now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i hope broncos go 5 wide and throw a screen to lindsay next game instead of screens to DT

he is kinda slow now.
    Honestly, I'm not sure why we would pick DT over Lindsay for a screen. There are a lot of other options to throw screen passes to (or just get rid of them!) I'm not sure why we'd choose DT.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Lindsay reminds me a lot of Shady McCoy. He’s a smaller “scat back” type of guy but he can also run downhill between the tackles a little. He’ll never be a “power runner” but he’s not afraid of contact, limits the overall impact with his shiftiness, and doesn’t get arm tackled like Hillman used to. It’s still super early, but I like what he’s shown so far. Hopefully he can keep it up.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

He reminds me of Marshall Faulk, as a runner that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Denver’s own Phillip Lindsay is one of the best feel-good stories in the NFL
    article and video

https://kdvr.com/2018/09/17/denvers-...es-in-the-nfl/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Here’s another one about Lindsay and Freeman helping the Broncos win:

Lindsay wears No. 30, which is Terrell Davis' old jersey number. The resemblance is so striking that studio announcers jokingly claimed Lindsay was Davis when narrating highlights of his Week 1 touchdown. The vertically challenged runner with the quick cuts and bruising style, the come-from-nowhere backstory of overcoming health issues; Lindsay has more than a little bit of Davis in him.

So does Freeman. Watch him patiently set up blocks on the perimeter before knifing upfield and you may flash back to the late 1990s, when Elway led the Broncos to a pair of Super Bowl victories by letting Davis do the bulk of the dirty work.

These Broncos are not those Broncos. Keenum on his best day is barely half of Elway. It's too early to place the Lindsay-Freeman combination in the same category as Davis or his successors from the days when any running back who donned a Broncos uniform rushed for 1,000 yards.

But these Broncos are 2-0. For all of his faults, Keenum has helped to manufacture a pair of close wins. This team has many more paths to victory than hoping for strip-sacks and pick-sixes. Defense alone hasn't gotten the Broncos anywhere over the past two years, but running and defense can get a team mighty far, even if the quarterback doesn't quite live up to his contract.

Thanks to a pair of bargain-bin rookie running backs who have the potential to be special, the Broncos are relevant again.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...enum-look-good

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information