Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future is Here, Thomas. Keep being a Bronco Hero.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Smith did have problems in the beginning, but overcame and became reliable...with less talent than DT.

Nobody denies DT has talent. I have no doubt that he will absolutely make great catches, like last week. He will have dominant games. He just doesn't play consistently and he doesn't play to his physical talent level. That's what irks me. He could be so much more and he is paid to be more.
    Bumped for accuracy about the whole thread.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No one said DT sucks.
    No, but some have claimed Rod was better, citing a misconceived lack of drops. Rod’s hands weren’t better than DT’s.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    No, but some have claimed Rod was better, citing a misconceived lack of drops. Rod’s hands weren’t better than DT’s.
    I disagree of course but that does not equate to hate, just a disagreement of perception.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    D

Why in the world cant we state flaws without it meaning someone sucks?
    No one said DT sucks.
    People have said for years that Emmanuel is the better receiver. The only thing they hang their hat on is drops.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People have said for years that Emmanuel is the better receiver. The only thing they hang their hat on is drops.
    Again, just because some people find one player better than the other does not equate to hate. There is a difference.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It just sounds like some people are getting some serious sand in their vaginas because people dont crown DT the best ever at his respective position.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There are people who believe that Joe Montana or even Peyton Manning were better than John Elway. I disagree whole heartily with that notion but i dont equate their opinions as hate about Elway, just a different perspective.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I disagree of course but that does not equate to hate, just a disagreement of perception.
    He had two seasons with more drops that dt has ever had. One with 15 and one with 17. Dude youve misquoted and misrepresented this whole thread. Hang it up.

I can sum up my whole position quite quickly. Saying rod was far superior to dt because he didnt drop balls is pure fallacy on two levels. I dont thing drops tell the whole story as showed by hof receivers that dropped some balls and purely by the numbers rod dropped more than dt.

Secondly i never detracted from Sanders but rather stated that touting him as the better receiver is just spiteful because until this year he has never been better than dt

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

There are people who believe that Joe Montana or even Peyton Manning were better than John Elway. I disagree whole heartily with that notion but i dont equate their opinions as hate about Elway, just a different perspective.

Those are debatable. Try to sell any gm in the league on the idea that sanders has been better over his career and they would laugh you out of the room. The numbers dont lie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Those are debatable. Try to sell any gm in the league on the idea that sanders has been better over his career and they would laugh you out of the room. The numbers dont lie.
    They dont always tell the whole story either, look at JSteves last post about targets, etc. Again, DT is more talented of the two but when i watch both on the field i feel as if Sanders comes up more clutch than DT does. But that does not equate to hate like you try to propose, just a different perception.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

"Dropped passes" is a bogus stat to begin with.

Someone check out how many drops DT has this year, according to the stat keepers. I'll give you a hint, it's 2.

Now, tell me how many drops he's really had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Someone check out how many drops DT has this year, according to the stat keepers. I'll give you a hint, it's 2.

Not only that, but then you would have to try and narrow down the "scenarios" in which the drops happen. Were they during a blowout, were they while a defender was tackling them, or how many were there when the WR was wide open. Not sure if there are any adequate or accurate stats to even provide that kind of information. Its easy to point to a basic number but dont really give an answer to when and at what point of the game they actually happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

Ive already stated im not a fan of dropped passes as an evaluator of a player. If you get targeted 150 times a year there will be drops. And some guys will drop a few more than others. But to use that to negate everything else the guy does is lunacy. That, slim is the reason i brought Rod up.

And i agree wholeheartedly thst last week was horrid, but i never decided John was no longer a great qb because of horrible incompletions or picks. They didnt negate the rest of his resume

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well let's do this North we haven't had a good argument for a while. Nowhere in that post that I shit on either of those guys. I said and it's true that Rod Smith had a problem with drops during his career. He would make a circus catch and then he would drop. I've also stated numerous times that he and DT are neck-and-neck for 1 and 2 in the receiver race. And it's no joke there is no one in the league that would say that Sanders During the period of dominance that we saw with those two was the better of the two receivers. Sure Demaryius really benefited from having Sanders on the same Squad. But I guarantee you if you're a defensive coordinator or a defensive back coach Demaryius Thomas during their Prime is always getting the number one corner
    Did Rod Smith not benefit from having Ed McCaffrey opposite him as well has having a future Hall of Fame quarterback throwing to him during the early part of his career? It not throwing Smith under a bus to acknowledges certain things about him that actually happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Did Rod Smith not benefit from having Ed McCaffrey opposite him as well has having a future Hall of Fame quarterback throwing to him during the early part of his career? It not throwing Smith under a bus to acknowledges certain things about him that actually happened.
    Ooooooh.

I was assured by him that i misquoted and misrepresented his argument. Guess it wasnt just me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information