Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future is Here, Thomas. Keep being a Bronco Hero.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Jsteve and bunch, just admit you misrepresented people's opinions as hate and we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    "Dropped passes" is a bogus stat to begin with.

Someone check out how many drops DT has this year, according to the stat keepers. I'll give you a hint, it's 2.

Now, tell me how many drops he's really had.
    He had 1 Sunday. Two of three were poorly thrown balls. Some people don’t know what they’re looking at.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Jsteve and bunch, just admit you misrepresented people's opinions as hate and we can move on.
    Bs north. I made the analogy to smith and said people calling Sanders the better player was purely spite and you said it was thebiggest bs take ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Bs north. I made the analogy to smith and said people calling Sanders the better player was purely spite and you said it was thebiggest bs take ever.
    It was. It isnt spite to have a differing opinion. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He had 1 Sunday. Two of three were poorly thrown balls. Some people don’t know what they’re looking at.
    Poorly thrown, but catchable. He gets paid to make those catches.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It hit him in his hands.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

It was. It isnt spite to have a differing opinion. Lol
    Dude again. Stats and defensive priorty negate any argument otherwise. Sanders doesnt drop as many...okeydokey. nor until this season has ha caught as many balls, drawn as much double coverage or attention from the best corner on the other team.

And go back and remind me how i shit on sanders and smith. Fact is you posted some shit about about the worst take ever. Said i shit on two great broncos (which i didnt btw) and then proceeded to make straw man after straw man and kept changing the topic of discussion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Dude again. Stats and defensive priorty negate any argument otherwise. Sanders doesnt drop as many...okeydokey. nor until this season has ha caught as many balls, drawn as much double coverage or attention from the best corner on the other team.

And go back and remind me how i shit on sanders and smith. Fact is you posted some shit about about the worst take ever. Said i shit on two great broncos (which i didnt btw) and then proceeded to make straw man after straw man and kept changing the topic of discussion.
    Someone is triggered. You made assumptions about criticism of player and tried to play it off as spiteful and hatred when that wasnt the case. Dont be mad and pissy because i called out on your own bullshit. Just admit you were wrong about the hate and we can move on to better things. Come on, its not to hard princess.

It hit him in his hands.
    Viable observations, but catching a ball thrown behind you when you’re sprinting towards the sideline and having to jump and turn your body in the air and catch it behind you is extremely difficult. Anyone who boos that or considers that a drop doesn’t have a clue how hard that is.

Or trying to hold onto a ball that floats getting to its spot so a defender can hit your arm before you can secure it is also not a drop. Catchable? Yes, but not easy.

The first one sited was his only drop. He turned to run without “looking the ball in”. That is a “drop”.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Someone is triggered. You made assumptions about criticism of player and tried to play it off as spiteful and hatred when that wasnt the case. Dont be mad and pissy because i called out on your own bullshit. Just admit you were wrong about the hate and we can move on to better things. Come on, its not to hard princess.
    You said i shit on sanders and smith. Youve misrepresented my stance since your first post. Triggered? Nah. I like to argue especially when the other party keeps pulling a straw man and arguing about things i never said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Viable observations, but catching a ball thrown behind you when you’re sprinting towards the sideline and having to jump and turn your body in the air and catch it behind you is extremely difficult. Anyone who boos that or considers that a drop doesn’t have a clue how hard that is.

Or trying to hold onto a ball that floats getting to its spot so a defender can hit your arm before you can secure it is also not a drop. Catchable? Yes, but not easy.

The first one sited was his only drop. He turned to run without “looking the ball in”. That is a “drop”.
    Difficult or not that is why he gets paid the big bucks. Ive actually seen him catch harder passes than that, that is what makes his play at times so frustrating.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Difficult or not that is why he gets paid the big bucks. Ive actually seen him catch harder passes than that, that is what makes his play at times so frustrating.
    Understandable, but not performing every task that has a high degree of difficulty doesn’t mean he’s worthy of ire. Sutton failed to get his feet in bounds on a difficult catch as well. Will people boo him 5 years down the road for a perceived lack of concentration because he will have demonstrated an ability to make circus catches?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Understandable, but not performing every task that has a high degree of difficulty doesn’t mean he’s worthy of ire. Sutton failed to get his feet in bounds on a difficult catch as well. Will people boo him 5 years down the road for a perceived lack of concentration because he will have demonstrated an ability to make circus catches?
    Maybe, every player for the Broncos takes some criticism. Even guys like Miller and Sanders. For years Broncos QB's have taken huge criticism for one reason or the other but again, its not hate just opinions and criticism. It tends to be much harder for guys who get paid more and have more expectations. As great as Elway was he took a shit ton of criticism, far more than DT has ever had to endure. It comes with the territory as players but ive also seen many people (even me at times) praise DT when he does good things. I just dont buy into this alledged "hate" campaign that people speak of, its like somehow fans are not supposed to be critical of the players which i find baffling.

Maybe, every player for the Broncos takes some criticism. Even guys like Miller and Sanders. For years Broncos QB's have taken huge criticism for one reason or the other but again, its not hate just opinions and criticism. It tends to be much harder for guys who get paid more and have more expectations. As great as Elway was he took a shit ton of criticism, far more than DT has ever had to endure. It comes with the territory as players but ive also seen many people (even me at times) praise DT when he does good things. I just dont buy into this alledged "hate" campaign that people speak of, its like somehow fans are not supposed to be critical of the players which i find baffling.
    I don’t know why you keep bringing up the hate argument with me. I didn’t bring that word into the discussion. I’ve suggested there’s a little ignorance with Bronco fans from time to time, but that’s about it.

Although I do agree with Jsteve in that there is a bit of a revisionist history with Smith. Some posters have been butt hurt with me when I suggested DT was more dominant.

I loved Rod Smith. I have an autographed hat by him. However Rod is not someone who had the ability to physically impose his will on defenders. That’s why I believe DT is the most dominant receiver we’ve ever had.

DT was at one time one of the 3-4 most dominant receivers in the game. Rod was never that elite.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don’t know why you keep bringing up the hate argument with me. I didn’t bring that word into the discussion. I’ve suggested there’s a little ignorance with Bronco fans from time to time, but that’s about it.

Although I do agree with Jsteve in that there is a bit of a revisionist history with Smith. Some posters have been butt hurt with me when I suggested DT was more dominant.

I loved Rod Smith. I have an autographed hat by him. However Rod is not someone who had the ability to physically impose his will on defenders. That’s why I believe DT is the most dominant receiver we’ve ever had.

DT was at one time one of the 3-4 most dominant receivers in the game. Rod was never that elite.
    I disagree that Rod was never that elite and i say that because he was definitely one of the best (1998 for instance, ranked 4th in receiving out of the entire NFLhttp://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statis ticCategory=RECEIVING&season=1998&seasonType=REG&e xperience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go ) so i think that is a bit of revisionist history on your part. Also, there has not been anyone on here (that ive seen) who hasnt admitted that DT is the more talented of the two. There is a reason why DT was a first round choice vs Rod who went undrafted but i think people are saying that DT doesnt always live up to his billing and believe that Rod despite not being as talented was far more clutch in big moments than DT has been. Again, not hate just a difference in perception and observation.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information