Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future is Here, Thomas. Keep being a Bronco Hero.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    He has garnered undue ire from Broncos fans over the years. It is hilarious that Broncos fans talk up Smith who I also love and forget how much he struggled with easy drops in his career. I still remember Smiths first touchdown and then being baffled by the way he would make circus catches one moment and drop easy balls the next. It got better later in his career but still happened.

DT for my money is the most dominant receiver to ever lace them up for our team. He was a matchup nightmare and those who dont acknowledge how much his presence opened up balls for others like Sanders are just being spiteful.
    Biggest bullshit take ever.

I love how you shit all over Sanders and Smith though.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    When he was on his game he was dominant. I just don't think he has been on his game enough since Denver gave him $$. To me, he has left a lot on the field....with his size, speed, talent, he could have been one of the best.
    Quit being spiteful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

He’s gonna make some catch with two dudes draped all over him. Makes up for the lame drops. Plus he’s not an idiot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    He has garnered undue ire from Broncos fans over the years. It is hilarious that Broncos fans talk up Smith who I also love and forget how much he struggled with easy drops in his career. I still remember Smiths first touchdown and then being baffled by the way he would make circus catches one moment and drop easy balls the next. It got better later in his career but still happened.

DT for my money is the most dominant receiver to ever lace them up for our team. He was a matchup nightmare and those who dont acknowledge how much his presence opened up balls for others like Sanders are just being spiteful.
    Biggest bullshit take ever.

I love how you shit all over Sanders and Smith though.
    Well let's do this North we haven't had a good argument for a while. Nowhere in that post that I shit on either of those guys. I said and it's true that Rod Smith had a problem with drops during his career. He would make a circus catch and then he would drop. I've also stated numerous times that he and DT are neck-and-neck for 1 and 2 in the receiver race. And it's no joke there is no one in the league that would say that Sanders During the period of dominance that we saw with those two was the better of the two receivers. Sure Demaryius really benefited from having Sanders on the same Squad. But I guarantee you if you're a defensive coordinator or a defensive back coach Demaryius Thomas during their Prime is always getting the number one corner

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well let's do this North we haven't had a good argument for a while. Nowhere in that post that I shit on either of those guys. I said and it's true that Rod Smith had a problem with drops during his career. He would make a circus catch and then he would drop. I've also stated numerous times that he and DT are neck-and-neck for 1 and 2 in the receiver race. And it's no joke there is no one in the league that would say that Sanders During the period of dominance that we saw with those two was the better of the two receivers. Sure Demaryius really benefited from having Sanders on the same Squad. But I guarantee you if you're a defensive coordinator or a defensive back coach Demaryius Thomas during their Prime is always getting the number one corner
    I cant ever remember Smith dropping wide open passes in the biggest moments, at least after his early years in the league. While DT is the more athletic and more talented of the two they couldnt be more apart in terms of reliability as DT even had this issue with Manning. Of course DT will draw the #1 corner because that is expected for a guy who is the top paid receiver on the team. My problem with your post though has more to do with the absurd notion that people are being spiteful, thats just flat out false. If you are going to shovel out a lot of money on a player (no matter the postion) you expect that player to come through in the biggest moments of the game. In the last game it just so happened to be a rookie who made the play that could of or should of been our #1 guy. Im sorry, ive never seen Rod do that or even McCaffery while i think about it. As i said the other day, DT is a great player and one of the best in the league but he does have a issue with drops that seem to stand out a lot more than ive seen from other receivers of his caliber. Maybe he is just at the twilight of his career, maybe he got his ring and payday and doesnt care anymore i dont know. But its not spiteful to point out the obvious problems that he does have, thats just a retarded and lazy take.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I cant ever remember Smith dropping wide open passes in the biggest moments, at least after his early years in the league. While DT is the more athletic and more talented of the two they couldnt be more apart in terms of reliability as DT even had this issue with Manning. Of course DT will draw the #1 corner because that is expected for a guy who is the top paid receiver on the team. My problem with your post though has more to do with the absurd notion that people are being spiteful, thats just flat out false. If you are going to shovel out a lot of money on a player (no matter the postion) you expect that player to come through in the biggest moments of the game. In the last game it just so happened to be a rookie who made the play that could of or should of been our #1 guy. Im sorry, ive never seen Rod do that or even McCaffery while i think about it. As i said the other day, DT is a great player and one of the best in the league but he does have a issue with drops that seem to stand out a lot more than ive seen from other receivers of his caliber. Maybe he is just at the twilight of his career, maybe he got his ring and payday and doesnt care anymore i dont know. But its not spiteful to point out the obvious problems that he does have, thats just a retarded and lazy take.
    No actually north what's lazy is reading my entire first post and acting like I'm shitting all over Sanders and Smith. Or that I'm saying people are being spiteful for calling him out for his drops. I've called the guy out for his drops. What I said was spiteful was not acknowledging that Sanders has benefited more from the relationship with DT than the reverse. That my friend is a fact based on the fact that Sanders benefits from single coverage and facing the number two or three corner over the past 5 years at all times

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No actually north what's lazy is reading my entire first post and acting like I'm shitting all over Sanders and Smith. Or that I'm saying people are being spiteful for calling him out for his drops. I've called the guy out for his drops. What I said was spiteful was not acknowledging that Sanders has benefited more from the relationship with DT than the reverse. That my friend is a fact based on the fact that Sanders benefits from single coverage and facing the number two or three corner over the past 5 years at all times
    Nah, the fact is Sanders is a bigger deep threat than DT which actually helps draw defenders away from the middle of the field just like Easy Ed was a big factor playing opposite of Rod when it came to clutch catches. You act like DT was facing 2 defenders on every play which is BS. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Nah, the fact is Sanders is a bigger deep threat than DT which actually helps draw defenders away from the middle of the field just like Easy Ed was a big factor playing opposite of Rod when it came to clutch catches. You act like DT was facing 2 defenders on every play which is BS. Lol
    So let me get this straight now you're trying to say that McCaffrey gave more benefit to Smith than vice versa? Same deal man Rod Smith always drew the number one Defender and double coverage on the other team. And I'm not saying every stinking play Demaryius Thomas gets doubled but I guarantee you if they're going to shade a safety over the top of one or the other throughout the course of their careers it was Demaryius Thomas. He produced more numbers for a longer period of his career. It's not even debatable bro everybody knows that DT ever since they played together has caught more passes for more yards against better defensive players and more double coverage. At this point you're arguing to argue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So let me get this straight now you're trying to say that McCaffrey gave more benefit to Smith than vice versa? Same deal man Rod Smith always drew the number one Defender and double coverage on the other team. And I'm not saying every stinking play Demaryius Thomas gets doubled but I guarantee you if they're going to shade a safety over the top of one or the other throughout the course of their careers it was Demaryius Thomas. He produced more numbers for a longer period of his career. It's not even debatable bro everybody knows that DT ever since they played together has caught more passes for more yards against better defensive players and more double coverage. At this point you're arguing to argue.
    Im saying the benefit each other, its a reason why when one of them is out the other doesnt have near the success as they do together. Im not arguing just to argue, just correcting your failed logic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Love me some DT, will never forget the epic games and great plays through the Manning Era. Or catching the Tebow pass vs. Pitt. But he has high mileage amd is not the speed threat he once was. He over the hill on the wrong side of 30 with admitted hip problems.

Father Time is undefeated. He will not miraculously turn 28 on Sunday.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Im saying the benefit each other, its a reason why when one of them is out the other doesnt have near the success as they do together. Im not arguing just to argue, just correcting your failed logic.
    No that's BS actually you called it the shittiest take ever when you were misrepresenting what I was stating. So let's be real bro you can backtrack now and act like you're just messing with your statement about failed logic which by the way is not failed.

The secondary receiver always benefits more from the number one. The number one sees more double coverage and sees more number one Corners. It's fact. it's the way it works. Again my logic is not failed you're arguing based on your misunderstanding of my original post and continue to stand on the fact that you say that Sanders is as good as Demaryius Thomas and Demaryius has benefited as much from Sanders being there as Sanders from Demaryius.

Here's the difference. Demaryius was putting up big numbers prior to Sanders ever signing. The same was not true for Sanders. case closed
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 09-18-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No that's BS actually you called it the shittiest take ever when you were misrepresenting what I was stating. So let's be real bro you can backtrack now and act like you're just messing with your quote on quote failed logic which is not failed. The secondary receiver always benefits more from the number one. The number one sees more double coverage and sees more number one Corners. It's fact it's the way it works. Again my logic is not failed you're arguing based on your misunderstanding of my original post and continue to stand on the fact that you say that Sanders is as good as Demaryius Thomas and Demaryius has benefited as much from Sanders being there as Sanders from Demaryius. Here's the difference Demaryius was putting up big numbers prior to Sanders ever signing. The same was not true for Sanders case closed
    No, your logic is very flawed. VERY VERY rarely will a #1 receiver carry any team without the compliment of another receiver on the squad. Case in point,

Jerry Rice/ John Taylor
    Jerry Rice/ Tim Brown
    Michael Irvin/ Alvin Harper
    Rod Smith/ Ed McCaffery
    DT/ E Sanders
    DT/ Eric Decker
    Randy Moss/ Cris Carter
    Issac Bruce/ Tory Holt

The list could go on and on. If you dont believe the DT hasnt benefited from Sanders being on the field i dont know what else to tell you.

Sorry, you lose. Just deal.

Thus end the lesson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Rod Smith did not "have a problem with drops". What in the actual **** is happening in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Rod Smith did not "have a problem with drops". What in the actual **** is happening in here?
    He did and he also had a problem beating up his girlfriend.

17. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    He did and he also had a problem beating up his girlfriend.
    He did not and I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information