Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Raiders 09/16/18

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Andrew Mason‏Verified account @MaseDenver 27m27 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph on @OrangeBlue760: “Obviously the first half wasn’t good enough as far as time of possession … offensively we didn’t have many chances because on defense we never stopped them.” Defensively, team played “cautious” in first half, some on coaches, some on players.
    Am I the only one massively annoyed that he's pushing the offensive woes off on the defense? I mean absolutely, the defense didn't play well, but the first half they weren't that bad until they ended up completely and totally gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field.

2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Am I the only one massively annoyed that he's pushing the offensive woes off on the defense? I mean absolutely, the defense didn't play well, but the first half they weren't that bad until they ended up completely and totally gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field.
    I’m numb to his dumb press conference quotes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I’m moderately annoyed. One first down? Good grief...

Trevor started out 2-0 as well... Case has to play better. Period...
    It's one thing to play bad and win, what Keenum is doing. If the Broncos start losing and he doesn't improve, there will be calls to bench him and put the kid in. I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope that Keenum ups his game, but some would say as an undrafted QB, he has a very low ceiling and might have played well over his head last year. Again, I hope that's not the case with Case.

Yea, that seems pretty dumb. Considering how inept the offense was in the first half, more chances likely would have just meant more punts or INTs. No question the defense stunk it up as well in the first half, but it's ridiculous to blame the offenses ineptitude on the defense.

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It's one thing to play bad and win, what Keenum is doing. If the Broncos start losing and he doesn't improve, there will be calls to bench him and put the kid in. I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope that Keenum ups his game, but some would say as an undrafted QB, he has a very low ceiling and might have played well over his head last year. Again, I hope that's not the case with Case.
    I'm not calling for benching by any means. He's gotta play better. What he's done through two weeks just simply isn't good enough. Winning or not winning, this performance isn't going to be sustainable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

They had their way with our defense in the 1st half. Their first drive went down the field for a FG in the redzone. I doubt they were "gassed" when the Raiders got the ball first.

Yea, that seems pretty dumb. Considering how inept the offense was in the first half, more chances likely would have just meant more punts or INTs. No question the defense stunk it up as well in the first half, but it's ridiculous to blame the offenses ineptitude on the defense.
    The defenses only gave up 6 points in the first half. That’s hardly stinking it up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Which is why I wish there had been a down the line and overhead view and then it would have been clear. I think that it's likely that his toe slipped and then went up, over the line, and then his knee came down, which would have meant he was in bounds. However, there was no angle that clearly showed that.
    Because of that I can understand why the call was confirmed. If the reverse had happen I think that call would have stood as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

As I've said before Keenum hasn't done anything that would change my mind that he is more a transitional player. I'm not confident that Denver can keep winning with him playing the way he is right now.

I didn't get to post most of the Tweets from today's presser since I was busy at work - nothing too major: Turner will play RT if Veldheer isn't cleared, Lindsay won't be officially listed as the #1 RB since it's a committee, etc. But this one stuck out to me. It speaks to something a lot of us were concerned about (including Bruce Arians) about playing so far off the WRs yesterday. His quote is ... interesting:

Like, he acknowledges that we should have been playing more press coverage, and elsewhere says something like, "that's on me." But ... who told them to play so far off in the first place, Woods? And regardless, if it seemed so obvious that it wasn't working, why didn't he step in and change it during the game?

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

We traded Talib and used that money to land Veldheer. Veldheer is already hurt. Which was a concern. I got lectured a ton for not understanding 'taking away a strength to mitigate a weakness'.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

What is the latest on the Veldheer injury?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    What is the latest on the Veldheer injury?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We traded Talib and used that money to land Veldheer. Veldheer is already hurt. Which was a concern. I got lectured a ton for not understanding 'taking away a strength to mitigate a weakness'.

Lol.
    Money had nothing to do with letting Talib go even though Cugel posted 70 million times that Denver wasn’t going to pay Roby, Harris and Talib 30 mil.

Talib was let go for locker room reasons.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information