Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Raiders 09/16/18

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    To date, craziest finishes have been the playoff win over Pitt in OT (Tebow to DT) and the horrible double overtime playoff loss to Baltimore in the brutal cold.
    The Hochuli game.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The biggest issue with the defence was that they could not cover Amari Cooper.
    How many goddam times did that guy catch the ball?
    I lost count.
    He was their offence.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The Hochuli game.
    And the stokley catch against Cincy.

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And the stokley catch against Cincy.
    I wish I had been at that one!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I didn't get to post most of the Tweets from today's presser since I was busy at work - nothing too major: Turner will play RT if Veldheer isn't cleared, Lindsay won't be officially listed as the #1 RB since it's a committee, etc. But this one stuck out to me. It speaks to something a lot of us were concerned about (including Bruce Arians) about playing so far off the WRs yesterday. His quote is ... interesting:

Like, he acknowledges that we should have been playing more press coverage, and elsewhere says something like, "that's on me." But ... who told them to play so far off in the first place, Woods? And regardless, if it seemed so obvious that it wasn't working, why didn't he step in and change it during the game?
    In one sense it doesn't matter who told them to play off of the receivers. Just fix it, and trust your pass rush.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We traded Talib and used that money to land Veldheer. Veldheer is already hurt. Which was a concern. I got lectured a ton for not understanding 'taking away a strength to mitigate a weakness'.

Lol.
    What happened Sunday doesn't support your case. If they had played off the receivers with Talib, the results probably wouldn't have been much different if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    What happened Sunday doesn't support your case. If they had played off the receivers with Talib, the results probably wouldn't have been much different if at all.
    Yep, doesn't matter how good of a corner you are. If you are playing 10 yards off the receiver and they are throwing 5-7 yard dink and dunks, you are getting gashed until the coverage gets adjusted. The only thing that would have happened differently with Talib there is he'd have started confronting the coaches about it and we'd have another locker room issue brewing.

Love Talib, but he wouldn't have fixed anything. The issue is idiotic playcalling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yep, doesn't matter how good of a corner you are. If you are playing 10 yards off the receiver and they are throwing 5-7 yard dink and dunks, you are getting gashed until the coverage gets adjusted. The only thing that would have happened differently with Talib there is he'd have started confronting the coaches about it and we'd have another locker room issue brewing.

Love Talib, but he wouldn't have fixed anything. The issue is idiotic playcalling right now.
    Talib wouldn't have just kept playing off because he's not a goof. And, to be honest, Woods and VJ wouldn't challenge Talib on that front because they don't have the locker room capital to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Well, one Talib is a good tackler, so some of those longer runs probably wouldn't have happened. That supports my case. Secondly, trading a pro bowler for an injury prone solid starter is usually a downgrade in talent, so that still supports my case. Thirdly, you can't really go 'well the coaches are bad so it wouldn't matter' when the trade itself was still weak. Fourthly, having Talib changes our personnel and depth greatly, which gives us different assignment possibilities, so we can't assume that with Talib we would have played that coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Well, one Talib is a good tackler, so some of those longer runs probably wouldn't have happened. That supports my case. Secondly, trading a pro bowler for an injury prone solid starter is usually a downgrade in talent, so that still supports my case. Thirdly, you can't really go 'well the coaches are bad so it wouldn't matter' when the trade itself was still weak. Fourthly, having Talib changes our personnel and depth greatly, which gives us different assignment possibilities, so we can't assume that with Talib we would have played that coverage.
    What injury prone solid starter was Talib traded for? From what I remember he wasn't traded for another starter. Second, you have no freaking idea if Talib would have ignored the coaches and played man to man while everyone else played zone. Third, you don't have anything to support your case, just wild speculation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I didn't get to post most of the Tweets from today's presser since I was busy at work - nothing too major: Turner will play RT if Veldheer isn't cleared, Lindsay won't be officially listed as the #1 RB since it's a committee, etc. But this one stuck out to me. It speaks to something a lot of us were concerned about (including Bruce Arians) about playing so far off the WRs yesterday. His quote is ... interesting:

Like, he acknowledges that we should have been playing more press coverage, and elsewhere says something like, "that's on me." But ... who told them to play so far off in the first place, Woods? And regardless, if it seemed so obvious that it wasn't working, why didn't he step in and change it during the game?
    I read past this yesterday.

Holy shit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Sometimes you gotta let your kids fail. I'm glad he showed the awareness that he did, unsettled he didn't nudge Woods sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Sometimes you gotta let your kids fail. I'm glad he showed the awareness that he did, unsettled he didn't nudge Woods sooner.
    We’re long past the “let Woods do his job even if I think I know how to fix the problem” stage. Show some authority.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We’re long past the “let Woods do his job even if I think I know how to fix the problem” stage. Show some authority.
    As tired as the expression is, it's perfect...It's puzzling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

The biggest thing about Woods is that when he was given the DC spot, he was told to fix the run defense. It was poor the year before under Wade. He “fixed” it by running more zone and having everyone watch the play instead of their own man. It worked but in order to not get beaten deep by WRs while playing zone you have to back off the coverage.

We’ll see if we continue to be as good vs the run if we go back to man press and a 5 man rush. That works great vs the pass with a lead, but it’s much less effective vs the run or vs a mobile QB.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information