Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Film Room

So I’m seeing him at about 4 yards past the LOS, engaging a defender. By rule they’re allowed to be 3 yards downfield as long as they’re engaged. At 4 yards he’s in a gray area and although a flag could be thrown, it’s close enough that not throwing it could be justified. I would guess that the LJ won’t even be dinged for that since it’s so close.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Spike just kicked Mo in his midget ovaries.

I love spike.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The crosser he threw to Sanders/Earl Thomas baffled me at the time...how did they trick him?

That was the only pick that bugged me. There had to be more to it than just brainfart.
    mike pritchard was talking about it on 104.3. . . something along the lines of the hawks were playing zone, but they showed man before the snap. . . he said case read it as zone and expected DT to adjust his route, but DT read it as man and didn't adjust the route. . . or maybe i have that backwards, but essentially the hawks caused a miscommunication by disguising their coverage pre-snap and fooling one of the two. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    mike pritchard was talking about it on 104.3. . . something along the lines of the hawks were playing zone, but they showed man before the snap. . . he said case read it as zone and expected DT to adjust his route, but DT read it as man and didn't adjust the route. . . or maybe i have that backwards, but essentially the hawks caused a miscommunication by disguising their coverage pre-snap and fooling one of the two. . .
    I'll defer to the guy who played...but I don't see them showing anything other than the Cover 3 they showed on almost every play I've watched so far.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Watching a little of the Raiders.

Suh’s move to Phillips 3-4 reminds me of Warren Sapp’s move to the 3-4 and out of that 4-3 over/under, Tampa Two when he went to the Raiders and became a non factor. Suh was being moved off the ball and was a complete non factor against the Raiders, at least in the first half.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Love this play from the Rams. Line up 5-wide with Gurley as the X. He sells the lazy motion and the Raiders don't react at all, shows their zone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gurley TD.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	13005

Name:	Gurley TD_2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	13006

The offensive line blocks like a screen, anticipating the hard rush with 5-wide and then being able to get to the second level and essentially reducing the blocking burden from 10 vs. 11 to 10 vs. 7. Then, Gurley is pretty decent.

Name:	Gurley TD_3.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	13007

Name:	Gurley TD_4.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	13008

Keep up threads like this and you may pass Peter Dinklage as my favorite little person.

Nice work Mo!

In this week's chalk talk, former pro bowl tackle Lincoln Kennedy breaks down the different ways the Broncos like to get receiver Emmanuel Sanders open in space.
    https://www.raiders.com/video/chalk-...manuel-sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Thanks for doing this Mo. Be forewarned. Joe doesnt like the term film.
    Dude, do not use the F-I-L-M word around here or we'll have to hear some complaints from him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Broncos played a lot of 2-4-5 early against Oakland and it bit them on the butt on the first drive, but looked fine on the second drive. Peko and Harris both got moved off the ball on key runs for the Raiders, and three guys got sucked in to the Spider 2Y Banana bullshit (seriously, it's just a waggle) on a big pass play on the first drive. The front two were better on the second drive and forced a three-and-out.

Peko made up for it on the third drive by sniffing out the play action on a fake end-around on the third drive. Shaquil Barrett made a nice play in the run game that I forgot about on first down.

Name:	1st_1st10_DMartin_1_1.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	13034

Name:	1st_1st10_DMartin_1_2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	13035

Name:	1st_1st10_DMartin_1_3.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	13036

Name:	1st_1st10_DMartin_1_4.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	13037

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That was against Kolton Miller, the Raider's first round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Marty Mornhinweg is in his third year with the Ravens, and I'm not seeing much of an identity to his offense. Flacco's best attribute is that giant arm, so they're running a lot of slow-developing deep passes (Coryell) with a bad offensive line, but still trying to run some West Coast stuff and incorporate what Andy Reid and Sean McVey are both doing (Lamar Jackson as a wildcat, which makes little sense to me because he has plenty of passing ability...IMO, either play him or don't, don't try to run gimmick shit, which Flacco isn't buying into anyway). It looks like a mess, to be honest. Hopefully our defense can take advantage.

Honestly, scrolling through their offensive plays against the Bengals, I don't see anything that stands out, scheme wise, that should beat the Broncos. The big games were either back-foot heaves by Flacco or dump offs to running backs who found space. Denver's defensive backs should match up just fine with the Ravens wide receivers, and so I started looking for tight end targets that might hurt the Broncos and don't see much.

Here's a play that stood out a little, third quarter, 2nd down and 4, 17-yard pass to Nick Boyle. There's nothing schemed here that beats the Bengals, though:

Cincinnati looks to be in a clear 3-deep zone and just relying on a four-man rush to get to Flacco.

Name:	3rd_2nd4_NBoyle_17_1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	13038

Geno Atkins destroys Marshal Yanda, and Andrew Billings is even getting pressure on a double team.

Name:	3rd_2nd4_NBoyle_17_3.JPG 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	13039

Name:	3rd_2nd4_NBoyle_17_4.JPG 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	13040

Flacco, shakes all that off and gets the ball out for the gain, but Cincinnati should have had a sack here. They had the Ravens beat.

Name:	3rd_2nd4_NBoyle_17_5.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	13041

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The interior of that line looked pretty bad against Cincinnati, which puts an onus on Peko, Wolfe and Harris to do the same.

If I were Mr. Woods, I'd think about putting Chubb inside against Yanda and daring the Ravens to run, knowing he could destroy him on pass rush. They aren't the same power-running team we're used to.

(Caveat, they were clearing trailing after Green's big first half there)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Keenum’s pocket presence and that he doesn’t panic and back out of the pocket. The Broncos ran a variation of the same play on the first play from scrimmage in each half. First half it was a ace, four-wide tight set, with the tight end motioning into a trips formation. Didn’t do much, just a few yards for Freeman off-guard to the left.

Second half, same formation, the waggle isn’t there, but Keenum steps up and Sanders finds some space and comes back to the ball:

Name:	FC18B108-1F4D-4D25-84D5-78BC92CCE441.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	13042

Name:	B70F7DE2-F528-477F-B90C-98845D16B303.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	13043

Name:	AB3CA7A5-BDE8-4487-BFA7-C217A01EF8F2.jpg 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	13044

Name:	900F3626-1AAF-49AC-B877-35B09E11EBF0.jpg 
Views:	36 
ID:	13045

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Keenum’s pocket presence and that he doesn’t panic and back out of the pocket. The Broncos ran a variation of the same play on the first play from scrimmage in each half. First half it was a ace, four-wide tight set, with the tight end motioning into a trips formation. Didn’t do much, just a few yards for Freeman off-guard to the left.

Second half, same formation, the waggle isn’t there, but Keenum steps up and Sanders finds some space and comes back to the ball:

Name:	FC18B108-1F4D-4D25-84D5-78BC92CCE441.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	13042

Name:	B70F7DE2-F528-477F-B90C-98845D16B303.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	13043

Name:	AB3CA7A5-BDE8-4487-BFA7-C217A01EF8F2.jpg 
ID:	13044

Name:	900F3626-1AAF-49AC-B877-35B09E11EBF0.jpg 
Views:	36 
ID:	13045

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information