Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What a difference a year makes!

Cool stat and huuuge for case and the backs

4. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The unit is def improved vs. the run. The pass? Marginal improvement. All IMO after watching them twice and it is a small sample size too, but stats are stats.

Hopefully Veldheer is a go Sun and NOT Turner this week. My goodness he is As ineffective as Watson.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The unit is def improved vs. the run. The pass? Marginal improvement. All IMO after watching them twice and it is a small sample size too, but stats are stats.

Hopefully Veldheer is a go Sun and NOT Turner this week. My goodness he is As ineffective as Watson.
    Turner played very well this week. He was lower in PFF ratings than Veldheer (66.3 overall to Veldheer's 70ish overall) It was a step down, but he still performed above average. No one on this team is anywhere near as ineffective as Watson. I'd say it is more than a marginal improvement... Last year by this time we'd given up 4 sacks 2 so far this year. We've only had 10 QB hits through 2 games (an average of 5 per game) You can't track the hits by game, only cumulative, but last year for the year we averaged about 7 QB hits per game.

It is a pretty decent improvement. At 5 per game, we're looking at a total of around 80 QB hits compared to last years 104. That would have left us around 12th fewest in the league for last year. As a comparison, last years Vikings squad had 87 QB hits.

Yes, it's a small sample size, no it's not an accurate extrapolation to 16 games, but it's a good improvement from last year so far. It's a big reason to be excited.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 09-19-2018 at 02:29 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information