Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 2 (Raiders week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 2 (Raiders week)

Figured I'd start this early since the Broncos made a couple of roster moves today. Oh, and Raiders suck!

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos waive Isaiah McKenzie, make pair of practice-squad moves

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — The Broncos waived wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie and released wide receiver River Cracraft from the practice squad on Monday, the team announced.

Wide receiver and 2017 third-round pick Carlos Henderson will take Cracraft’s spot on the practice squad. Henderson was reinstated from the Practice Squad/Suspended list on Monday.

Henderson spent training camp on the team's Reserve/Did Not Report list, but he will now have a chance to work with the Broncos.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...ce-squad-moves

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I love Henderson.

Makes sense. I wonder if this means we see less and less of Lindsey on ST........
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

It’s Raider week!

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

So we are bringing back Shark Thomas and putting Carlos Henderson on the PS full time while cutting McKenzie and Cracraft? Did I decipher that right?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Well, at least we don't have to be worried about seeing Isiah McKenzie returning punts this season!

As for Carlos Henderson, clearly he's a very promising athlete with some head issues - and I haven't seen even any speculation as to what they are, but something about his "personal issues" kept him out of the pre-season. He's lucky to be back on the practice squad. He will need at least 1 more year of development before we see whether he can make the 53 man roster.
    "“I think for Carlos, it’s more off the field," Joseph said. "I want to see Carlos grow up. I want to see Carlos do NFL things—have great meetings, have great practices, have great days in the weight room. Just do those things first for us. Obviously, the football player Carlos, he’s talented, so that part I don’t worry about. I want him to grow up and become a pro. If he does that, he’ll be fine.”
    Obviously, that doesn't always happen. Exhibit "A" - Paxton Lynch, who is still out of football. There hasn't been a 1st round QB who crashed out of the league this hard since JaWalrus Russell.

The moves are not done for the Broncos as Sunshine will eventually be eligible to come off IR and we'll see what moves they make then.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So we are bringing back Shark Thomas and putting Carlos Henderson on the PS full time while cutting McKenzie and Cracraft? Did I decipher that right?
    Pretty much nailed it.
    "Denver did not make a corresponding roster move after waiving McKenzie.

The Broncos are able to add another player to their active roster before Sunday’s game against the Raiders."
    That means they are either looking at the waiver wire, in the process of negotiating or else keeping a roster spot open for somebody, no idea who yet. But, teams don't just roll with 52 men, after agonizing about releasing players in August they don't just give up and have fewer than their allotment of players. So, we can expect further roster moves.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Makes sense. I wonder if this means we see less and less of Lindsey on ST........
    They have to pull him back. He was a gunner on coverage in game 1. He can't continue to do that if he's going to be a huge part of their 3rd down packages - which he should be. He's the best Broncos receiving RB.

17. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Pretty much nailed it.

That means they are either looking at the waiver wire, in the process of negotiating or else keeping a roster spot open for somebody, no idea who yet. But, teams don't just roll with 52 men, after agonizing about releasing players in August they don't just give up and have fewer than their allotment of players. So, we can expect further roster moves.
    Only if they have a player in mind to put on the 46 active for game day. If not, they can leave it open for a bit.

Well, at least we don't have to be worried about seeing Isiah McKenzie returning punts this season!

As for Carlos Henderson, clearly he's a very promising athlete with some head issues - and I haven't seen even any speculation as to what they are, but something about his "personal issues" kept him out of the pre-season. He's lucky to be back on the practice squad. He will need at least 1 more year of development before we see whether he can make the 53 man roster.

Obviously, that doesn't always happen. Exhibit "A" - Paxton Lynch, who is still out of football. There hasn't been a 1st round QB who crashed out of the league this hard since JaWalrus Russell.

The moves are not done for the Broncos as Sunshine will eventually be eligible to come off IR and we'll see what moves they make then.

Are you forgetting Johhny Manziel? Brandon Weeden? I am sure there are quite a few more.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    52m52 minutes ago

Broncos' GM John Elway undergoing surgery to repair his injured shoulder today. It's his left, non-throwing shoulder so he's not expected to miss any significant time. #9sports
    9 replies 36 retweets 227 likes

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Pretty much nailed it.

Shamarko Thomas replaces McKenzie on the active roster, so we’re still at 53. Henderson replaces Cracraft on the PS. And also -

Also, TV maps will be up tomorrow but expect it to look a lot like last week for non-locals. Most people will get Patriots/Jaguars

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information