Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Phillip Lindsay prepared to make impact in NFL debut

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos' Phillip Lindsay prepared to make impact in NFL debut

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Phillip Lindsay follows a daily routine.

Wake up. Pinch self.

He is the first player from the Broncos Futures Football Program to reach the NFL. From middle school stalwart to high school standout to University of Colorado star, no one boasts deeper local roots than the running back.

But if you think the Broncos' undrafted free agent remains satisfied, then you don't know Lindsay.

"I want to go out there and do my part, whether it's one play or 10 plays. I want to be explosive," Lindsay told Denver7. "I am looking to make an impact on special teams in kickoff return and in coverage as a gunner. I want to go out there and make a tackle."
    rest - https://www.thedenverchannel.com/spo...t-in-nfl-debut

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i saw him running down there on punt coverage. . . and i hope it's the last time! make that scrub booker do it-- he's the running back who should be playing special teams. . . save lindsay for offense!

4. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I am thrilled with both of our rookie running backs. It’s hard to believe we collectively spent a fourth to get both of them.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i saw him running down there on punt coverage. . . and i hope it's the last time! make that scrub booker do it-- he's the running back who should be playing special teams. . . save lindsay for offense!
    I was thinking that when he made that huge gunner tackle today. ...he's going to be like td where they stopped playing him because he was too valuable.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I really wish I took a flyer on Lindsay in fantasy leagues...he might be tough to get now. He's the real deal. He runs with truck balls, it's amazing he can drag them along with 4.3 speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I really wish I took a flyer on Lindsay in fantasy leagues...he might be tough to get now. He's the real deal. He runs with truck balls, it's amazing he can drag them along with 4.3 speed.
    I'm going to get a Jersey I think

12. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

In my money league we do a rookie draft, and then an auction for all our other players. I had a bonus 3rd rookie pick based on my finish position last year (out of the money, but get a comp pick) and picked up Lindsay with that third pick. Unfortunately, if we don't activate a rookie before the auction, we can't use them until the 3rd week. So, I'll get to see next week if this was an anomaly, and if not, then I'll activate him from the rookie squad.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You just don't get the feeling that it is at all an anomaly. He just gets it and flat produces whatever his job is. Holy cow. Patient runner and he even has a *presence*. Really love this kid right now.

Then again, maybe he'll draw more attention from D-Coords. But can you stop him? And if you do, what else do you give up?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

You just don't get the feeling that it is at all an anomaly. He just gets it and flat produces whatever his job is. Holy cow. Patient runner and he even has a *presence*. Really love this kid right now.

Then again, maybe he'll draw more attention from D-Coords. But can you stop him? And if you do, what else do you give up?
    Agreed. As long as he can hold up, he looks like a real play maker.

He's already a better runner than Christian McCaffery.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

We have a bell cow back and a Darren Sproles. This is too good to be true.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Helluva draft for Mr. Elway this year.

23. The Following 8 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Agreed.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

The crazy part is Lindsay was undrafted. Does not say much for the so called experts. That guy plays at one speed, and that speed is not slow.

Denver has a thunder and lightning thing going and it could really be a nice combo.

Yes, this year's draft certainly looking good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

It's not. Anyone that watched him at CU knows this is his norm. Dude is a baller.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information