Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Broncos' Phillip Lindsay prepared to make impact in NFL debut

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I thought he said nobody available as good as Booker. While he's not great, it stands to reason a guy on our practice squad right now doesn't measure up.
    I'm pretty sure Wave's point was that Booker is the last human being on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm pretty sure Wave's point was that Booker is the last human being on the planet.
    Interesting. I might've misjudged.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    You said there wouldn't be anyone available if Denver were to release Booker. That isn't accurate.
    No that's not what I said. Try again.

I said that there is no one better than Booker out there that we could replace him with.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

I said that there is no one better than Booker out there that we could replace him with.
    Sure there is: David Williams is on the practice squad so they wouldn't have to look far. The reason Booker is on the roster and Williams isn't is that Booker is a veteran.

Unfortunately, he is a pretty sucky veteran though. If Freeman gets hurt, and they start Booker the team will simply start losing games because their running game will be stalled completely.

It's not for nothing that Mark Schlereth calls him "Sir Mix-a-Lot," because he likes big butts and he cannot lie. He just keeps running into the back end of his blockers and averaging 3 yards a carry (well 2 yards in the opener, so he's going to have to bring the average up a bit in order to get his usual 3 yards per carry).

They could also claim DeAngelo Henderson off the Jets practice squad and sign him to the active 53 man roster in the event of an injury. The Jets have (I think) 4 RBs ahead of him.
    Last edited by Cugel; 09-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    That's going to suck for Booker if the entire stadium stands up and points at him - as the last human being on the planet, just like Donald Sutherland in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Lindsay reminds me of Warrick Dunn

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Booker is sir mix a lot because he can’t lie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

No, I don't need try again. Your dopey comment is still because you have zero comprehension skill.

But hey laugh at yourself like you normally do.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-11-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Sure there is: David Williams is on the practice squad so they wouldn't have to look far. The reason Booker is on the roster and Williams isn't is that Booker is a veteran.

Unfortunately, he is a pretty sucky veteran though. If Freeman gets hurt, and they start Booker the team will simply start losing games because their running game will be stalled completely.

It's not for nothing that Mark Schlereth calls him "Sir Mix-a-Lot," because he likes big butts and he cannot lie. He just keeps running into the back end of his blockers and averaging 3 yards a carry (well 2 yards in the opener, so he's going to have to bring the average up a bit in order to get his usual 3 yards per carry).

They could also claim DeAngelo Henderson off the Jets practice squad and sign him to the active 53 man roster in the event of an injury. The Jets have (I think) 4 RBs ahead of him.
    Wave didn't comprehend what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Lindsay reminds me of Warrick Dunn
    Or Darren Sproles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Or Darren Sproles.
    Agreed he's in the same mold as Sproles and Dunn but we'll have wait and see he has the same kind of success.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 09-11-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I'm sure Wave meant there won't be one single guy available to sign if we cut Booker.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Agreed he's in the same mold as Sproles and Dunn but we'll have wait and see he has the same kind of success.
    Indeed

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    I'm sure Wave meant there won't be one single guy available to sign if we cut Booker.
    Only in TX land.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This. Booker is fine in his role. No one else we could sign right now would be any better.
    You said there wouldn't be anyone available if Denver were to release Booker. That isn't accurate.
    TX, can you please point to where I said what you're claiming I said?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information