Page 60 of 466 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Other Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I posted at draft time that I liked Mayfield, and wished we could get him.

It is just one game. Nothing to prove one way or the other.

However. .. . I didn't see anything last night to make me think I was wrong about him to begin with. He played more football and started more games at OU than any of the other prospective QB's. He's much better than he gets credit for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, hard to say how his career will pan out but ive seen worse first games from #1 draft picks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I can't believe I'm gonna do this.....

Sorry Wave, gotta side with Mo (partially) on this one. It's one game. Unlike Mo, I actually think he's going to be good, but it is just one game. At this point, there is plenty of room for either side to be right.
    Mo would have been murderdancing all over this thread if Mayfield had bombed last night. Again, I'm not saying one game proves anything, just saying that typically players who wind up being massive busts don't come out of the gate looking like that. Maybe that'll be the best game he ever plays and he'll suck after this, but I haven't seen anything to suggest through his college career, off-season, preseason, and now his first real game to suggest that he's going to be some massive bust. Maybe mo sees something that the rest of us are too stupid to see, but all the signs I've seen point toward him being a really good NFL quarterback.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Another thing to keep in mind: Mayfield never got any reps with the starters this off-season, so to get thrown into the middle of a game in which you're down 14-0 with a bunch of guys you've never played with and do that couldn't be more impressive. Again, not saying this proves anything long term, but do you think a guy like Paxton Lynch (an actual bust) would have ever done anything like that even on his best day? Not a chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I believe Cleveland is hoping Mayfield is their savior.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

All i know is Mayfield currently has the support of his team and the fans are really happy despite it being just one win. Baker has given that city hope, something they havent had a long time.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I can't believe I'm gonna do this.....

Sorry Wave, gotta side with Mo (partially) on this one. It's one game. Unlike Mo, I actually think he's going to be good, but it is just one game. At this point, there is plenty of room for either side to be right.
    Mo would have been murderdancing all over this thread if Mayfield had bombed last night. Again, I'm not saying one game proves anything, just saying that typically players who wind up being massive busts don't come out of the gate looking like that. Maybe that'll be the best game he ever plays and he'll suck after this, but I haven't seen anything to suggest through his college career, off-season, preseason, and now his first real game to suggest that he's going to be some massive bust. Maybe mo sees something that the rest of us are too stupid to see, but all the signs I've seen point toward him being a really good NFL quarterback.
    I love him. Wish the Broncos got him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    All i know is Mayfield currently has the support of his team and the fans are really happy despite it being just one win. Baker has given that city hope, something they havent had a long time.
    That fanbase fell in love with Manziel the day he was drafted. At one point they thought Derek Anderson and Charlie Fry were going to be the saviors. That franchise has hope all the time.

I won't lie, for a guy who didn't even throw a TD he sure is getting a lot of love.

But, on the other hand, the offense did look like a legitimate NFL offense once he entered the game.

I was struggling with him as a prospect. I understand that his arm is actually pretty good, he has some nice accuracy, and he is somewhat mobile. I'll be interested to see if his mobility is in the NFL what it was in college - sometimes I thought he relied upon it too much in college. On the other hand even if he does pan out he could very well have availability issues as he is pretty small. His arm is pretty good, but it's not great, and that caused some scouts some hesitance.

He might just be stupid and crazy enough to turn Cleveland around. Maybe that's what they needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Mayfieldmania, Fitzmagic, ..........Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

From what I was reading, yes, out for the year.
    Wrong Bosa. The Ohio State Bosa went under the knife. Just ran across this, so sorry if someone else answered.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Hue Jackson is going to "make a decision" about the starter later next week.

Lol

I hope he picks Taylor. I just want to see chaos. Could you imagine?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Hue Jackson is going to "make a decision" about the starter later next week.

Lol

I hope he picks Taylor. I just want to see chaos. Could you imagine?
    Mayfield will be the starter. He was on Sirius/XM this afternoon, and it was pretty obvious that he wanted to address the whole team on Monday (they're off until then since it was a Thursday game). He doesn't want to make the announcement publicly until he's made it to the team.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Mayfield will be the starter. He was on Sirius/XM this afternoon, and it was pretty obvious that he wanted to address the whole team on Monday (they're off until then since it was a Thursday game). He doesn't want to make the announcement publicly until he's made it to the team.
    This. People over Twitter have been acting retarded over that quote. Such an easy, low hanging fruit thing to make fun of. Of course he's not going to bench Taylor though the media.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This. People over Twitter have been acting retarded over that quote. Such an easy, low hanging fruit thing to make fun of. Of course he's not going to bench Taylor though the media.
    Thank you. Taylor is a respected veteran and worth that respect. He was in treatment for a concussion at the time - if Hue Jackson made that decision then it would be brutal, and show that he's not willing to take time to make a calculated decision and just prone to being in the moment. Prudent action exists, even in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I hate him so much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information