Page 220 of 466 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 6982

Thread: 2018 Other Games Discussion

Falco is my guy but he's mad at me right now. We ebb and flow. He's my Bronco Brother, even though he wouldn't care if a couple killers assassinated the king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-ball-nfl-2018

I want one.

No more Keenums.

No more.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-ball-nfl-2018

I want one.

No more Keenums.

No more.
    There’s only one of him. Prepare thyself. This is gonna be painful.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There’s only one of him. Prepare thyself. This is gonna be painful.
    Isn't it already? Look at what we have. I did a review of all the starting QB's last night, did it through a breakdown of divisions. Who would we take Keenum over, regarding starters in the league?

AFCW - we arguably have the worst starter in the bunch. Maybe Carr really is just a shot fighter. He's worse than Rivers and Mahomes.

AFCN - Big Ben and Mayfield are easy takes over him. I don't even think you could take CK over Dalton, and is he more desirable a QB than Lamar Jackson or Flacco?

AFCS - Luck, Watson, are easy takes. Mariota probably, too. Okay, I'll take him over Bortles.

AFCE - Brady, Tannehill, both clearly better. I'm not an Allen person, but I'll take him over Keenum, just off of talent. Darnold is more desirable off of talent, too.

Bottom tier in the AFC.

NFC isn't much better.

This is painful, Mo. I'm watching a backup play starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Isn't it already? Look at what we have. I did a review of all the starting QB's last night, did it through a breakdown of divisions. Who would we take Keenum over, regarding starters in the league?

AFCW - we arguably have the worst starter in the bunch. Maybe Carr really is just a shot fighter. He's worse than Rivers and Mahomes.

AFCN - Big Ben and Mayfield are easy takes over him. I don't even think you could take CK over Dalton, and is he more desirable a QB than Lamar Jackson or Flacco?

AFCS - Luck, Watson, are easy takes. Mariota probably, too. Okay, I'll take him over Bortles.

AFCE - Brady, Tannehill, both clearly better. I'm not an Allen person, but I'll take him over Keenum, just off of talent. Darnold is more desirable off of talent, too.

Bottom tier in the AFC.

NFC isn't much better.

This is painful, Mo. I'm watching a backup play starting QB.
    We focus on the silver lining (it could be worst).
    It’s the little things!

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We focus on the silver lining (it could be worst).
    It’s the little things!
    NFCN - Worse than Rodgers, Stafford, and Cousins. Not even comparable to those guys. Not even Trubisky, who is flawed is edged out by Keenum because he's on that level and has much more talent.

NFCS - Worse than Brees, Newton, Ryan, and on par with Fitzpatrick. Winston is a better QB, but he's such a headcase and so inconsistent that I might take Keenum over him. Plus, it would enrage Jaded, so that's a bonus. JK Jaded, you know I love you, bb.

NFCE - He's better than Eli Manning. He's a worse version of Dak, much worse than Wentz, he's worse than Smith, assuming his career isn't over.

NFCW - Wilson is better than him. Goff is better than him. Jimmy G is still a one year wonder, but I'd take him over him. And honestly if Rosen was our QB he'd have similar numbers to Keenum, as a rookie.

Case Keenum is at best the 27th most desirable QB, all things considered. He's a salary cap thief.

There is no silver lining, he is poopy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Malik Jackson expects Jaguars to cut him in offseason

The Jacksonville Jaguars signed Malik Jackson in 2016 to a massive 6-year, $85.5 million contract to be a foundational interior pass-rusher.

Three years later, Jackson believes he won't survive the offseason in Jacksonville.

"In my mind, if I'm third or fourth on the depth chart making $14.5 million to $15 million, I don't see too much future for me in Jacksonville," Jackson said Wednesday, via The Florida Times Union. "I'm not trying to be a journeyman by any means. But it's a business and soon as you try to forget that then it's a rude awakening for sure."
    Jackson's frank calculation makes sense. The Jags can cut him in the offseason to save $11 million on the salary cap, while only taking a $4 million cap.

The defensive lineman lost his starting gig last month and has seen his snaps dwindle in favor of surging rookie Taven Bryan. Instead of getting upset at being surpassed and staring at the prospect of being cut, Jackson is focusing on leadership qualities.

"You see guys go through things and handle it the right way," Jackson said. "You see older guys get pushed out of the league and you don't understand it but they're still fighting. For example, Peyton Manning when he got injured in Indy, but he was still teaching his guys and doing what he had to do to be a leader. I kind of learned that from him. I'm still trying to push guys and teach them. Whatever I'm going through doesn't matter, the team is more important."

Willingness to be a veteran leader and teacher will come in handy if Jackson is indeed cut. Putting on good film the next three weeks will also be important.

"With my situation, I'm playing for 31 other teams potentially," Jackson said. "I have to show these teams that I'm playing at a high level. I'm a pass rusher with one sack. So I have to show this team that I'm consistently still getting to the quarterback, but I'm just not finishing. So for me, I have to show a lot of people a lot of things about who I am and what I am and what I'm continuing trying to build for myself."

Jackson has just one sack after compiling eight last season, but he still gets pressure on the quarterback. According to Pro Football Focus, Jackson has compiled 40 total pressures, which ranks tied for 11th among interior defenders (alongside $14-million-man Ndamukong Suh).

Jackson turns 29 in January, and, in a league that is constantly looking for players to disrupt the quarterback, could have a solid market if he's cut. Perhaps he wouldn't make the $13 million in base salary he would if Jacksonville holds on to him, but the defensive tackle won't go hungry either.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...m-in-offseason

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Should Broncos bring Malik Jackson back? I would like for Jackson to return to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Should Broncos bring Malik Jackson back? I would like for Jackson to return to Denver.
    I don’t know what kind of contract he’d get but I’d love to have him back here

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So, who to root for tonight? I hate them both, but this should be a good game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    hell yea. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    soft ass LA team cant play in the cold, they need their palm trees.

GOOOF is a GOOOOOOOOOF.

i love it.

When they go one and done for 2 years in a row in the playoffs, it will be even better.

LA sucks ass.
    Actually, that's pretty much par for the course when it comes to warm weather & dome teams playing in cold weather venues. To illustrate my point, lets look at the great Walsh/Montana/Young 49er's dynasty of the '80s & '90s. During this time, they were 15-1 at home, but only 1-5 on the road, 4 of of those losses were at cold weather/outdoor venues. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...o/playoffs.htm

So if one of the greatest dynasties in the history of American professional sports could be almost unbeatable at their warm weather home, but had trouble winning on the road in cold, then I guess I can cut some slack to a team for having a single bad outing in December & Chicago against a very good Bears' D.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go Chiefs!

17. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Alright boys, let's go see two teams remind us why signing Keenums is a bad idea.

Rivers with a bad pick. BAD. Keenum style.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Go Chiefs!
    I agree. A Chiefs' win makes it more likely that the Chargers will be locked into the 5 seed by the time we play them in the final week, which means they might sit their starters.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information