Page 462 of 466 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 6982

Thread: 2018 Other Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Of course there is - more than one huge call blown had a huge impact. Recency bias.
    Nah, this blown call was easily more egregious than any other in the game, and it was at the worst possible time for the Saints. Trying to make every play and every call equivalent is bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Nah, this blown call was easily more egregious than any other in the game, and it was at the worst possible time for the Saints. Trying to make every play and every call equivalent is bias.
    Blowing the facemask call for the Rams meant they had a harder FG, were robbed of an easy TD, and robbed of trimming time off of the clock. It would have forced NO to score a TD instead of taking a FG.

Not all calls are of the same weight, but that still doesn't make it why the Saints lost that game. You can never break a game down just to one simple play. Especially when tactical errors open yourself up to ******y like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Blowing the facemask call for the Rams meant they had a harder FG, were robbed of an easy TD, and robbed of trimming time off of the clock. It would have forced NO to score a TD instead of taking a FG.

Not all calls are of the same weight, but that still doesn't make it why the Saints lost that game. You can never break a game down just to one simple play. Especially when tactical errors open yourself up to ******y like that.

9/10 times I'd agree with you. But if the refs get this call right, it's a 99% certainty the saints win IMO. I guess we can leave there since that seems to be the fundamental sticking point of our disagreement and I don't think either of us are going to budge.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

And if the Saints play better, or the Refs make the facemask call, the Saints probably lose that game either by failure on downs or the Rams still getting a FG. It's not why the lost the game. Not running out the clock was a massive tactical error, and coaches preach about having ot overcome bad calls all the time for a reason. Payton is getting a huge pass in this game, and Brees, coming off of back to back poor performances, at least for his standards, is getting one, too.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

The sad part of the whole thing is....it was an awful pass. If the DB plays the ball it's likely a pic6.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    They set themselves to get boned by a bad call? Not sure I'm seeing that. It was fine playcall. It was well executed. Everything within the Saints power to control at that time was done by the book. Not sure what you mean by that.

You are right about the collapse AFTER that point, but AFTER is a key part of that. They handed the Rams the win AFTER that. It doesn't excuse the ridiculous absurd non-call on that play though, or what the right call would have meant for the Saints chances at victory (virtually 100%).
    They took the field that day Ninja, therefore, they asked for it apparently.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    They took the field that day Ninja, therefore, they asked for it apparently.
    There's apparently a million other causalities that you have to consider before judging how absolutely horrific and backbreaking this non-call was.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The Saints had the game won but for a non-call. The Chiefs had the game won but for a dubious flag.

I'm not watching the Super Bowl because I think both conference champs are illegitimate.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

How is being lined up offsides a dubious flag?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The Saints had the game won but for a non-call. The Chiefs had the game won but for a dubious flag.

I'm not watching the Super Bowl because I think both conference champs are illegitimate.
    Doubious? It was the right call...He was very clearly offsides. You could see on the replay how he was lined up past the ball (and therefor over the line of scrimmage)

There was at least one dubious call (the garbage "roughing the passer" that amounted to a light tap on the shoulder) but that didn't swing the game one way or the other.

Besides.... say you won't watch it, but I bet you and the rest of America will watch it even though we all (aside from North) hate Tom Brady.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Haven't seen a legit line-of-scrimmage angle on Ford's offside yet. They have 20+ cameras there but the best LOS look was at least 10 yards behind the defense which is going to make Ford appear offside even if he isn't. That's the best angle CBS had and it was garbage. If you have a straight-on LOS view of Ford on that play, I'll adjust my view but the way it played out on CBS, we got one crap view that proved nothing and they never went back to it later.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Haven't seen a legit line-of-scrimmage angle on Ford's offside yet. They have 20+ cameras there but the best LOS look was at least 10 yards behind the defense which is going to make Ford appear offside even if he isn't. That's the best angle CBS had and it was garbage. If you have a straight-on LOS view of Ford on that play, I'll adjust my view but the way it played out on CBS, we got one crap view that proved nothing and they never went back to it later.
    Yea, but the official is right there on the LOS and would know that he was offsides. Not sure where the questioning is coming from since the viewers are not right there on the field.

Ford is a really good player who made a mental mistake in the heat of the moment. Had it not been called, who knows what would have happened? But he made the penalty and it was called. The Chiefs still blew it in the end.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information