Page 52 of 466 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Other Games Discussion

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think we can use “gimmicky” to describe the Rams and Chiefs offenses anymore.
    Why because they’re college offenses? I remember when there was no defense for the wildcat or the read option in the NFL, too. Give it a year or two and they’ll be gone. They’re all smoke and mirrors that rely too much on the coach making the pre snap reads from the sidelines for the QB. They typically work in college against teams that are of lesser talent, speed wise or on teams that don’t care about their QB taking hits (college). All NFL defenses are fast and NFL DCs will take any excuse to take a shot on a QB. The read option effectively died because Jim Harbaugh and Pete Carroll would blast each other’s QBs every read option play regardless. The NFL will adapt.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 09-17-2018 at 10:06 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Why because they’re college offenses? I remember when there was no defense for the wildcat or the read option in the NFL, too. Give it a year or two and they’ll be gone. They’re all smoke and mirrors that rely too much on the coach making the pre snap reads from the sidelines for the QB. They typically work in college against teams that are of lesser talent, speed wise. All NFL defenses are fast.
    I don’t think these offenses are like the wildcat or the read option, though. These are systems that blend the spread with the west coast. It’s innovative to me, not gimmicky.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don’t think these offenses are like the wildcat or the read option, though. These are systems that blend the spread with the west coast. It’s innovative to me, not gimmicky.
    It's also not going anywhere

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

You could be right, in principle, but the jet sweep/RPO is just another fancy way to run the option. Once defenses get some tape, they’ll be able to stop it.

The biggest thing I see that becomes a real problem is that everything that Trubisky or Mahomes or Goff is getting in his earpiece from his HC/OC (because they’re the same dude) goes away when the mike cuts off. If the defense changes their look these QBs can’t read a defense for shit and can’t compensate. They play right into the teeth of that defense.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

So what does this game tell us about our team? Does this make us feel better, worse, or no change about our performance against the Seahawks?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Maybe. I don’t think he’s got good football smarts or poise. He’s got physical talent and if they keep him in this gimmicky college offense like KC and LAR run, they can win some games, but it won’t last.
    I don’t think we can use “gimmicky” to describe the Rams and Chiefs offenses anymore.
    Beat me lol. They are one of the best young and best old offensive minds that the game has seen. No one is questioning Reid and McVey

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So what does this game tell us about our team? Does this make us feel better, worse, or no change about our performance against the Seahawks?
    I have always seen the Broncos as a 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 team. I’ve seen nothing that changes that over the first two weeks.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Week to week. They still have one of the best qb in the league.

As to rpo. It is the perfect evolution of an offensive scheme. Its comparable to a phillips 3-4 in that it just puts people in position to succeed and quit overthinking. Let's be honest you can overthink things too much. As much as I loved Manning. The guy won one Super Bowl and got carried to a second. He is one of the smartest players to ever play the position, but you watch all his pre-snap work when he played for the Broncos early on and sometimes it was like just quit trying to outsmart the defense and snap the damn ball.
    Our no-huddle was worthless because he spent most of the play clock moving in and out of different sets. The RPO is the exact opposite. you make your read and you choose to pass or run accordingly. it's not too complicated. you rely on the athletic ability and the scheme to make the play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

we're just trying to win a mother$%^ing game!

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    we're just trying to win a mother$%^ing game!
    #legend
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

We beat two bad teams. Make no mistake, the two teams we beat are bad.

But, you play who is on the schedule, and this is part of the NFL parity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

We need another draft like this one and will be contenders again. I’m just hoping we can land a wild card.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I have always seen the Broncos as a 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 team. I’ve seen nothing that changes that over the first two weeks.
    Agreed. Kinda sobering if you think we are going 7-7 from here on out, best case.

I'd like for them to keep grinding out wins. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agreed. Kinda sobering if you think we are going 7-7 from here on out, best case.

I'd like for them to keep grinding out wins. You never know.
    The AFC is a crapshoot. Who would you lock in for 10+ wins at this point? KC and Jacksonville? Probably New England because of history.

9-7, 10-6 could get that last wild card. It could get both wildcards.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Russell Wilson might actually die behind that o-line this season. Geez.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information