Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos using STRIVR?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I offer an inference no one had yet made based on the fact that two Broncos are poster-children for STRIVR, use it as you will. I should have put a question mark at the end of the title, I realize this now, it would have better addressed reader expectations. That's fair.

Freyaka, thanks for not calling me a liar, that warmed my heart.
    I just wanted to figure out if we were actually using it or not. If you had a source awesome, if it was speculation, I'd say based on the fact that we were shown it at the combine and Elway responded very positively and we've got a couple QB's who used it previously, that's a fair assumption that we might at least consider it, if we're not already using it.

Just wanted to figure out if it's speculation or fact. Hopefully if we aren't already secretly using it, we start using it going forward. I think it would be an imensely helpful tool in developing QBs. I cracked a joke about Paxton above, but I think it actually would have benefited paxton a lot to have something like this while he was here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am speculating. When I connected these dots it seemed like too much to be coincidence. But it may just be coincidence. That would be sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

I am speculating. When I connected these dots it seemed like too much to be coincidence. But it may just be coincidence. That would be sad.
    I hope we're using something. Strivr seems really cool. I don't know a lot about Ted Sundquist's VR setup, but you'd think with him being a former GM here he'd have approached us to try it out too. I think the NFL will start heading more in this direction with technology going forward so it'll be interesting to see how quickly other teams start adopting this. Especially with the success of guys like Keenum.

There is no requirement that a team grant permission to use their name in marketing. Patriots don't advertise it. If 2/3 of your QB room are hardcore STRIVR users, that's good enough for me.
    Wait so the Patriots are using this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Same thing, verified facts are fuzzy. Not sure how much of this is confidential secret sauce teams are keeping close-held. I can only say a year or two ago when I was looking that I read the Patriots signed a license but didn't let them market it. Maybe this was it.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/02/05/w...he-super-bowl/
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Could a mod add a question mark please?
    Is this what we’ve come to?

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Take a step back dude. We never said it was cheating.

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Does that matter?
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

11. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Does that matter?
    To me it does

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It is possible that a team doesn't share all information with the public. No point in telling everyone you are holding pocket kings. Sometimes you tell them you are holding pocket kings when you have pocket aces. Maybe the Pats use it, maybe they don't. There are things called NDAs that billion dollar entities use to maintain information security.

Maybe they like Sundquist's toys...Sundquist seems to think he's got the goods even though it's computer generated and the human performance labs dudes at Stanford think that's a no-no. Maybe STRIVR. Maybe something else. Maybe nothing.

I find meaning in the fact that the last two quarterbacks the Broncos have acquired for their roster are VR experts who obsess over perfecting their craft through its use. There have been many other options. There is a math equation in there and when you work it out there is information.

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

It is possible that a team doesn't share all information with the public. No point in telling everyone you are holding pocket kings. Sometimes you tell them you are holding pocket kings when you have pocket aces. Maybe the Pats use it, maybe they don't. There are things called NDAs that billion dollar entities use to maintain information security.

Maybe they like Sundquist's toys...Sundquist seems to think he's got the goods even though it's computer generated and the human performance labs dudes at Stanford think that's a no-no. Maybe STRIVR. Maybe something else. Maybe nothing.

I find meaning in the fact that the last two quarterbacks the Broncos have acquired for their roster are VR experts who obsess over perfecting their craft through its use. There have been many other options. There is a math equation in there and when you work it out there is information.

The jury is instructed to disregard these statements. It is merely speculation!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The jury is instructed to disregard these statements. It is merely speculation!

Hey wait. You are an insurance guy. You should get the underlying Bayesian analysis here!

Hey wait. You are an insurance guy. You should get the underlying Bayesian analysis here!
    The insurance guy has a disclaimer against speculation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Last thing if a player realizes that a tool helps them become a better QB and makes them more money etc., they will find a way to continue using it if at all possible. On their own if they must. Idk, maybe not. I sure as hell would. Probably more for Case than Hogan if the cost of contract and equipment is a factor.

Just a thought.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information