Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RIP, The Paxton Lynch era - 4/28/16-9/2/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Lynch looked as good as he ever has last week. Wonder if he realizes just how colossally he blew it. If he hadn’t been so entitled and clueless and worked his ass off am sure he could have at least been a game manager in this league.

When he’s 30 the realization of how badly he squandered his opportunity will be a tough pill to swallow.
    he looked good because they ran his college offense.

i never understood why they drafted him to play in a pro system

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I dont think it had anything to do with drive. I think Paxton did really want to succeed but i also think he didnt realize how much different the NFL was compared to college. In college the "star" players are considered gods among the student base. I think Paxton was very coddled as the star player at Memphis and i think on some level he expected that to continue when he arrived in Denver. But once he realized that you dont just come in and are given the keys to the city and actually have to work for it that he the doubts started to seep in. Even to the end he felt that he had done everything he could to be the starter in Denver and couldnt come to the realization that he simply was not good enough to make it in the NFL. At least against players who are 1st stringers.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So this isn't some kind of April Fools thing, right? This is real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think it had anything to do with drive. I think Paxton did really want to succeed but i also think he didnt realize how much different the NFL was compared to college. In college the "star" players are considered gods among the student base. I think Paxton was very coddled as the star player at Memphis and i think on some level he expected that to continue when he arrived in Denver. But once he realized that you dont just come in and are given the keys to the city and actually have to work for it that he the doubts started to seep in. Even to the end he felt that he had done everything he could to be the starter in Denver and couldnt come to the realization that he simply was not good enough to make it in the NFL. At least against players who are 1st stringers.
    A Broncos player said, this year, that Paxton beat feet as soon as he could each day. That’s pretty damning evidence of a lack of drive...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    he looked good because they ran his college offense.

i never understood why they drafted him to play in a pro system
    There really is no such thing as a "pro style" offense in college anymore. Even the boring ass grind it out SEC teams are transitioning. Lots of QBs are able to make the transition to NFL offenses, and as it always has, the NFL has been slowly copying college football and becoming more like their offenses.

The problem with Paxton, in my opinion, is that he just wasn't a very bright guy. Which is a hard thing to know about someone until you work with them everyday, and it's probably the most important part of playing QB. Or as Nomad said, his heart just maybe wasn't in it. No matter how good you are at something or how naturally gifted as an athlete, if you just don't love the game, it's hard to go through that grind of working everyday. Sometimes players are good at the sport but don't love it. Maybe he has to find joy in the game again and a change of scenery could help.

Either way, sucks that we missed on the pick, but it's the right time to call it a sunk cost and move on. I have nothing bad to say about Paxton as a person and I wish him the best with whatever he does.

9. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Just as long as that success isn't with a division rival
    They said success in life, I hope nothing but futility for him as an NFL football player. Because if he has success it's not going to be for my team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

12. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So this isn't some kind of April Fools thing, right? This is real?
    There are at least 13 federal laws disallowing April Fools pranks in the month of September.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Our first rounder may have been a bust but I feel better about moving on from him than I would if say, he made DPOY or something and I promptly traded him out of town.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I sure as hell hope moving forward 7 changes his evaluations up. Maybe the 2018 class is a sign.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Fiona Apple?

Wait, no.

Tori Amos?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I sure as hell hope moving forward 7 changes his evaluations up. Maybe the 2018 class is a sign.
    That's what I'm thinking man. I'm in a pretty good place right now as a Broncos fan.

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Fiona Apple?

Wait, no.

Tori Amos?

23. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I was close. Actually I was thinking of Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares 2U.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Worst 1st round draft pick in Broncos history*

*drafts from 100 years ago don't count, old people
    Don't you tell me that the Broncos horrible draft of 65,400,000 years ago doesn't count you ignorant young whipper-snapper! In that year I remember a giant 10-kilometer rock fell out of space. It landed in Mexico, set all the world's forests on fire, and wiped out the Broncos entire draft class! Of course they were all reptiles, but that's no matter! It was still the worst draft class in Broncos history!

Dinosaur Red Miller was in charge that year, and I remember that Bed-rock Stadium was covered so deep in falling ash they couldn't find the rock-ball!

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information