Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks, Gruden You're Awesome...for the Broncos.

Default Thanks, Gruden You're Awesome...for the Broncos.

Gave away his best player...because why? He thought the obstinate path was the best way to resolve his first player holdout? He did set an example for mid-levels clowns that can be replaced on any NFL team but when you have the cream of the crop, you learn to swallow your pride and that the goal is bigger than your 10 mil/ year, spent the last 10 years controlling nothing more than a mic and a marketing brand, bloated ego.

Why would any elite player want to go through that and deal with Gruden in the future? Seems like he just set the precedent to work with only draft picks (of which he has shown middling ability at choosing so far) and mid level vets.

10 million a year for a media personality that did win one SB, and is (was?) a decent play caller, but is showing his label as an idiot at personnel management. Are the Raiders thinking solely about PR and the Vegas move? The draft haul is impressive but Gruden's personnel choices haven't been, so far. This is not the 90's Cowboys trade of Walker on any level, and Gruden is no Jimmy Johnson.

Regardless, all the better for the Broncos (at least for the next few years)! Let's not take this for granted. Assume every team is a threat and step on their throats, every game! Gruden seems to be making all the right moves for the Broncos, and the Raiders' continued anonymity, so far though....
    Last edited by Ground Control; 09-02-2018 at 12:33 AM.

2. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

kind of cool seeing the Bears maybe getting their linebacker mojo back though. Not sure he's worth that much (for sure not more than A Donald) but still, he's a great, for sure. And it's not my money, and he's not a concern for anyone in the AFC West anymore.

Jon Gruden is awesome!
    Last edited by Ground Control; 09-02-2018 at 12:21 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Thanks Gruden! Broncos fans couldnt ask for a bigger idiot coaching oakland. Good job! hahaha

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I actually think it was a good call. Can't pay top qb and Mack what he wanted. Get him gone.

The only down side for me is that I would have wanted more in the trade.

Gruden has ten years and the 4 first round picks in the next two years will help him make the team in his vision.

I am however very happy that Mack is no longer in the afc West

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I actually think it was a good call. Can't pay top qb and Mack what he wanted. Get him gone.

Gruden has ten years and the 4 first round picks in the next two years will help him make the team in his vision.

With the likelihood of the cap continuing to increase at the rate that it has been, Oakland (well, soon to be Las Vegas) could have absolutely afforded to pay him within the salary cap. There definitely is the issue of liquid cash, which the McCaskey family has TONS of on hand, that was needed to make the Mack deal work for Chicago, which none of us fans will ever know was just false rumors/noise, or the actual truth. They now have two first round picks, but it is very unlikely they will match the production of a Khalil Mack with either of those picks. There is a reason that when the Broncos were offered 2 first round picks for pick #5, they declined and took Chubb. Granted, salary plays a huge part in that, but pass rushers are simply more valuable than draft capital.

It's also interesting that Mack will now be going to a 3-4, where he was always sort of meant to be. I think Mack's production was going to drop in Gunther's scheme, but now we get to see what he can do at a more natural position.

8. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

With the likelihood of the cap continuing to increase at the rate that it has been, Oakland (well, soon to be Las Vegas) could have absolutely afforded to pay him within the salary cap. There definitely is the issue of liquid cash, which the McCaskey family has TONS of on hand, that was needed to make the Mack deal work for Chicago, which none of us fans will ever know was just false rumors/noise, or the actual truth. They now have two first round picks, but it is very unlikely they will match the production of a Khalil Mack with either of those picks. There is a reason that when the Broncos were offered 2 first round picks for pick #5, they declined and took Chubb. Granted, salary plays a huge part in that, but pass rushers are simply more valuable than draft capital.

It's also interesting that Mack will now be going to a 3-4, where he was always sort of meant to be. I think Mack's production was going to drop in Gunther's scheme, but now we get to see what he can do at a more natural position.
    Great post. Thats the thing about the nature of the leagues continued growth. That deal is affordable in three years. And he is the only guy in the league who is as versatile as Von. Mac is also known to be a fantastic teammate. It was a complete ego deal on Grooms part. And all I can say right now is I honestly do feel bad for poor Reggie McKenzie watching the roster that he put together get pulled apart piece-by-piece

I guess Keenum is more likely to start the entire season now.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Mack has almost single handedly beaten us, twice. I’m glad he’s gone too.

Gruden > Joseph.

Actually Ham Sandwich > Joseph.

Agreed?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Gruden > Joseph.

Agreed?
    I don’t know if Gruden had much is say in this, even though he’s vilified for it.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Mack has almost single handedly beaten us, twice. I’m glad he’s gone too.
    Let's break this down.

2014 - Nope (0-2)
    2015 - Yes. He won that game with 5 sacks including a safety. (1-1)
    2016 - Nope. Raiders ran down your throat in the game they won. (1-1)
    2017 - First round bust Paxton Lynch started that game. He couldn't even JaMarcus his way to a victory against us. Anyway a 54 yard pass to Corderelle Patterson saved that game. (1-1)

So with Mack, the Raiders were 3-5 and he single handedly beat Denver 1 game in 4 years.

I get it, he's damn good. But come on lol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Gruden > Joseph.

Agreed?
    Whoa, now!! No need to throw daggers.

Let's break this down.

2014 - Nope (0-2)
    2015 - Yes. He won that game with 5 sacks including a safety. (1-1)
    2016 - Nope. Raiders ran down your throat in the game they won. (1-1)
    2017 - First round bust Paxton Lynch started that game. He couldn't even JaMarcus his way to a victory against us. Anyway a 54 yard pass to Corderelle Patterson saved that game. (1-1)

So with Mack, the Raiders were 3-5 and he single handedly beat Denver 1 game in 4 years.

I get it, he's damn good. But come on lol.
    I think you're oversimplifying 60 minute football games here.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think you're oversimplifying 60 minute football games here.
    No I watched the games. Mack won the 2015 game in Denver. He contributed to but was not the main factor in the other two wins.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Gruden > Joseph.

Agreed?
    Nolo contendere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information