Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thanks, Gruden You're Awesome...for the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    We'll see. Never said I was happy about it, and I do expect a few weeks of "they really miss Khalil Mack" but this trade was about setting up a future for a number of players on both sides of the ball that can hold down the fort in place of Mack. Not BE Mack but be a team that can live without him and win.

I don't know if this is true, but no NFL team has two players making over $20 million dollars. If it came down to a QB vs. a DE/LB being our top dollar, I'll choose the QB. If he lives up to it. And I can't think of any team that wins the salary cap game every year by keeping everyone they want.

The Raiders were good when Carr was good. When Mack was good, which was 100% of the time, the Raiders were mediocre-bad unless Carr was the driving force, pun intended. So it really comes down to Carr returning to 2016 form more than anything else. Carr overcame a bad defense that year. Mack didn't overcome a bad offense the other years. Not his fault, but it explains why an affordable change in the roster was needed. The Raiders freed up $20 and will have a lot of room next year.

Again, I don't like the trade. Mack would've made this defensive line MUCH better, especially with seeing how well they played in the preseason. This is something that can't be judged until all the picks are made or Mack leads a defense to a championship with a bad QB.
    I get it, they traded Mack to set for the future. Like you said we'll see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The team moves to Vegas in a couple years. The Vegas product more important than the Oakland product.
    Yeah, Heard that perspective on 760 today also. Gave away their best player in Oakland...for future players in Vegas. Now, please line up and fork out your money Oakland fans! Suckers. Almost makes me feel sorry for them....almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Yeah, Heard that perspective on 760 today also. Gave away their best player in Oakland...for future players in Vegas. Now, please line up and fork out your money Oakland fans! Suckers. Almost makes me feel sorry for them....almost.
    They only have about 40k show up for there games

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They only have about 40k show up for there games
    I wonder if this will drive it even lower? Gruden had potential to bring more to the stands (maybe?), but now...?

Could get ugly.

Which I'm OK with. At least, for that franchise. I do actually feel a little sorry for the fans. Decades of loyalty, spit on.

Again.

5. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    I wonder if this will drive it even lower? Gruden had potential to bring more to the stands (maybe?), but now...?

Could get ugly.

Which I'm OK with. At least, for that franchise. I do actually feel a little sorry for the fans. Decades of loyalty, spit on.

Again.
    At this point I don’t know if it matters. Their financial prognostications are probably not affected by how many show up this year. The attendance has sucked for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    We'll see. Never said I was happy about it, and I do expect a few weeks of "they really miss Khalil Mack" but this trade was about setting up a future for a number of players on both sides of the ball that can hold down the fort in place of Mack. Not BE Mack but be a team that can live without him and win.

I don't know if this is true, but no NFL team has two players making over $20 million dollars. If it came down to a QB vs. a DE/LB being our top dollar, I'll choose the QB. If he lives up to it. And I can't think of any team that wins the salary cap game every year by keeping everyone they want.

The Raiders were good when Carr was good. When Mack was good, which was 100% of the time, the Raiders were mediocre-bad unless Carr was the driving force, pun intended. So it really comes down to Carr returning to 2016 form more than anything else. Carr overcame a bad defense that year. Mack didn't overcome a bad offense the other years. Not his fault, but it explains why an affordable change in the roster was needed. The Raiders freed up $20 and will have a lot of room next year.
    That "he's too expensive! We can't compete!" Is just complete B.S. they spin to fool the fans. In reality the salary cap is going up every year. What is a lot of money now in 2 or 3 years is a mediocre contract.

Von Miller's 6 year, $114m, contract was record breaking - 2 years ago! Then Odell Beckham Jr. and Mack and Aaron Donald signed. Aaron Donald signed a 6 year, $135,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $40,000,000 signing bonus, $86,892,000 guaranteed.

Within a couple of years Mack's average of $22m a year, will be eclipsed, but he'll still be under contract. And Von Miller's $19m a year will be CHEAP by the time year 5 and 6 of his contract rolls around.

Miller and Mack just showed what they can do on Sunday. There's almost ZERO chance that whoever the Faders draft with those picks will be anywhere close to as good as Mack. The Raiders could afford Mack. They just don't want to pay him because they're cheap!

And I think that's totally great!

Lots of people are happy about the trade:

Chiefs GM Brett Veach on Khalil Mack trade: “We’re excited”
    303 comments
    The Chiefs general manager is happy the Kansas City no longer has to deal with the All-Pro defensive end.

“We were excited. Yeah, we were excited,” Veach said during a conference call Saturday. “I think I was probably the first one to call [Bears coach] Matt (Nagy) [Saturday], and I congratulated him and I said, ‘The Bears and the Chiefs just got better today.’”

He sure is getting a lot of credit for Kizer throwing the ball right to him.

The strip fumble was impressive but the int was an effing gift.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

Later on in that game a Bears defender dropped a ball that was thrown right at him.

Defenders apparently have barely functioning hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

If the trade depended solely on that one game, the Raiders got hosed anyway. But, it didn't. What difference does it make whether Mack got an easy INT?

He's still one of the top 3 Defenders in the NFL and a former NFL Defensive MVP. The trade still utterly sucks from Oakland's perspective.

They have one of the oldest, most veteran rosters in the NFL. And they just told their veterans - "we're not trying to win now, we're building for 3 years from now when we're in Las Vegas! Suckas!"

13. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Black hole this embarrassing thread... The structure of the thread title just screams "We are mouth breathers!"

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Black hole this embarrassing thread... The structure of the thread title just screams "We are mouth breathers!"
    Grumpy much

17. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Grumpy much
    Don’t talk to my friend like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Grumpy much
    We are the superior fan base. We shouldn't rely on the joke structure of a 7 year old.

This is one step away from "Hey Gruden - We're rubber and you're glue!"

Davii, do me this solid.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Buff is takin’ names up in this piece.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information