Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think the Broncos ought to offer Booker to the Redskins for a little something...something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default I think the Broncos ought to offer Booker to the Redskins for a little something...something.

I think Booker is still pretty decent. However, with the emergence of Freeman and the pleasant surprise of Philip Lindsay along with Henderson and even Williams, the Broncos could offer him.

Right now, he is problematic for the roster. The Redskins are in desperate need for a back, and it seems like that would be the best way to deal with the situation.

I think they could get a 3rd rounder, maybe even a second rounder for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I don't think they'd trade us anything more than a late round pick for him. Orleans Darkwa is still out there who I think is about the same level as Booker and they could just sign him off the street. I think they'll just wait for camp cuts and just sign the best guy out of that group.

There is no way in hell anyone is trading us a second or third for Booker. That is just wishful thinking.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Unless a team is desperate.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    He'd fetch a 6th at best. You're way overvaluing a guy who has not demonstrated consistent playmaking ability in this league.

6. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

There are a ton of players in FA right now that can net a team 3.5 yards per carry.

Booker has yet to prove anything in the NFL to be worth more than a late round pick.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Unless a team is desperate.
    Pro bowlers and borderline pro bowlers fetch second and third round picks. There is no chance in hell Booker fetches that, I don't care how desperate a team is. Especially with comparable running backs currently on the FA market.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

A conditional draft pick is what I was thinking. I doubt Booker would produce so well that it would garner a 3rd or MAYBE a 2nd. However, IF he does produce based on a conditional, then maybe.

That would be our hope or wishful thinking. Personally, I think Booker is problematic. At least to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

I think Booker is still pretty decent. However, with the emergence of Freeman and the pleasant surprise of Philip Lindsay along with Henderson and even Williams, the Broncos could offer him.

Right now, he is problematic for the roster. The Redskins are in desperate need for a back, and it seems like that would be the best way to deal with the situation.

He's not worth that.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

We need more than one big back. Booker is worth more to us than what we can get for him. We need the depth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We need more than one big back. Booker is worth more to us than what we can get for him. We need the depth.
    Booker can't see his way out of a paper bag. If we can get something for him...
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The Williams guy they drafted is there, Henderson is there and the emergence of Lindsay says Booker can be trade bait.

Would we as fans really be upset if he was traded and RB like Lindsay got more action as a result?

I don't think so. As of now, Booker is not going to be cut. To me that is a bit problematic.

A conditional trade imo would be the best way.

15. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

What happened to Chris Thompson and Rob Kelley - i thought they looked pretty good

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

he's not worth anything. . . especially with adrian peterson and jamaal charles still on the market. . . just a 4th round pick that didn't work out, no big deal. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

A conditional draft pick is what I was thinking. I doubt Booker would produce so well that it would garner a 3rd or MAYBE a 2nd. However, IF he does produce based on a conditional, then maybe.

That would be our hope or wishful thinking. Personally, I think Booker is problematic. At least to me.
    Why would they offer that thought? Why not just go out and sign a back who will likely be just as productive than be on the hook for a second or third round pick if he produces what you could likely get on the FA market right now anyway? Especially at a position like running back which is highly replaceable.

We'd be lucky to get a 6th or 7th for him, and I think it's far more likely we just flat out release him if the plan really is to get rid of him. It's just too hard to get teams to trade for guys at this time of year since they will know that if you're trying to trade him, they are probably going to cut him anyway.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 08-20-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Perine > Booker. I don’t see Washington giving up anything for him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information