View Poll Results: What percent chance do you give Chad Kelly starts a game for the Broncos this year (regular season)?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 100% - It's a dead certainty.

5 8.62%
  • 75% - It's very likely to happen!

3 5.17%
  • 50-50% - I could see it going either way.

14 24.14%
  • 25% - It's very unlikely.

28 48.28%
  • 0% - No hope in hell of that happening.

8 13.79%
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What Percentage Chance Do You Give Of Chad Kelly Becoming the Broncos Starter This Season?

Default What Percentage Chance Do You Give Of Chad Kelly Becoming the Broncos Starter This Season?

It struck me after the last pre-season game that there is now a good chance, I'd estimate it at about 50% of Chad Kelly becoming the Broncos starter before the end of this season.

And it's not just what we saw in a meaningless pre-season game against a #2 Bears defense that might quite frankly not be very good.

Yes, that throw in a tight window right down the middle to Courtland Sutton is one that Paxton Lynch would never make in 1,000 years. He wouldn't dare.

At this point, I hope the Broncos don't go out and get a veteran QB to be the backup. I'd say there's a good chance that Chad Kelly is the Broncos starting QB by the end of this season. And it's not because he'll be better at any point than Case Keenum.

Even if Keenum is mediocre, he'd still probably perform better as a long term veteran who's played on several different teams and in different systems, than Kelly as a rookie. So, if they do make the switch, it will probably be for a different reason.

No joke. If Case Keenum doesn't have a good year, the team will struggle. If they are losing and out of the playoffs at some point they will want to see what they've got with Chad Kelly. I.E. he could become the starter. Especially, if Vance Joseph is fired during the season, but potentially, even if he is not.

I'd say about 50-50 at this point. You can see them getting it all under control and winning enough games to save Joseph's job, and again you can see them winning 6 games all year, and VJ getting fired at the bye-week.

If it's the latter, or if at some point, Vance is still the coach, but the team is out of the playoffs, then they are going to blow up the team and start over with the younger players. Chad Kelly could easily be the center, most important player on this team in 2 or 3 years.

I'm not predicting that Keenum will struggle, or that Joesph will be fired. I'd say the odds are about 1 in 2 though. I am uncertain how the season will go.

I've heard many sportswriters say that, talent wise, this is an 8-8 team. Well, it it's an 8-8 team just based on analysis of pure talent, the what is it taking coaching into account? Does VJ win them a couple of games and they go 10-6? Or does he lose them a couple of games and they go 6-10?

I can see it going either way. So, I assign a 50% probability that Chad Kelly becomes the starting QB at some point (probably late) in the season.

What probability do you give it?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

barring injury 3%

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    barring injury 3%
    Sounds about right

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

If Denver is winning consistently Chad won’t sniff the field, regardless of how good or bad Keenum plays. A 3 game losing streak that isn’t the defenses fault? Swag is born.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Winning or losing, Chad Kelly won't see the field unless Keenum gets hurt, then again, would Elway try to find a veteran QB sitting on the couch? We saw last year that VJ is very hesitate to pull the starting QB for losing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

In general the NFL uses 50-60 starting QBs per season. There is a decent chance your backup starts a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

IF the offense becomes putrid over a few games or Case gets hurt. I don't think it will happen. I believe Denver has their QB of the future. I love him. I am excited.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

25%.

Because of what Keenum did with Minny last year i dont see the Broncos pulling the plug on him if he has some bad games. But if Case gets hurt than i can see Kelly coming in and playing at that point.

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

its unfair to be up against this much swag.

14. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    In general the NFL uses 50-60 starting QBs per season. There is a decent chance your backup starts a game.
    About where I see it as well. I'd say it's more likely than not that your qb will miss a game at some point during the season, so I'd put Kelly's chance of starting a game this year right around a coin toss. I'd be pretty surprised if he started a game due to Keenum's performance, but anything is possible I guess.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Barring injury, I don't see it happening.

20. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Well, someone has sure changed their stance on Kelly...

22. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

The only scenarios that I can see Kelly playing in the regular season is Case getting hurt or Kelly continuing to play good during the preseason and Case plays poorly and becomes a liability to the team. I will add that I think Kelly has the best arm on the team but Cases experience makes him the best option to play right now.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I picked 25% but I think it’s closer to zero. If Keenum is terrible, VJ gets fired, and we are well out of playoff contention, then it’s a possibility. Unless Keenum is either injured or can be squarely blamed for our losing, I doubt swag will see the field.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information